BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  10
Author: Subject: MISSING PERSON: Please Help Us Find Mike!
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2014 at 10:07 PM

I'm going to try to sleep now..at least we know he was ok this afternoon. What wonderful news that was! Thank you doesn't come close to what I feel for all of you..
I'll be at home in the morning: 970-370-7056 if you hear or see anything..
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2014 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
I spread the word around town here in San Quintin and just received a message that Mike was seen this afternoon stopping for groceries at a small store on the highway here in San Quintin. The owner of the store said that when he left he headed south...

...confirmed to the pictures??

Yes, I pasted Mikes photos to a message I sent to all my friends here. One of them answered back that just a short while before Mike was in his store and had just left, heading south. He could be heading out to Jardines, EL Molino or continue south to EL Rosario. I am contacting again my friends at Jardines and El Molino with the update on the latest sighting...

...NOICE--good one BG!... a positive ID within ~8hrs!!
...buying groceries seems like a very hopeful,,positive sign indeed........time to rest

[Edited on 8-5-2014 by micah202]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:54 AM

BajaGringo. Great job! Everyone moved fast and that is the key right there.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:21 AM

Good Morning, VAILGRL ! Here's hoping today brings news. Please be patient, gonna take some time; also, just a tidbit to steel you a little; if he's not located in San Quintin today, there is NO INTERNET between there and Guerrero Negro to speak of, and that's over 200 miles, most of it pretty remote if you're not familiar with that neck of the woods. Nomads are a good networking group (mostly), and won't let up, even when they're supposed to.... (j/k)

Hope for the best, plan for the worst, and the best to you and yours. One Q~ what do you want to happen if he IS located?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:45 AM

Yes, if he's located by someone, how should he be approached?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

In Baja? Cold Pacifico in hand, of course.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:19 AM

Yes, please approach him. He's left everything behind at home. Tell him how much we all love him, and want him back. Tell him that Ed and Harry went down to Baja looking for him, and that there are so many people who care, especially me.
If he refuses to come back, ask if he's made arrangements for his house and belongings..maybe with his attorney?? If he's serious, let him know what this will mean to us, his best friends. We'll be the ones left with dealing with all of this. We need to know what he wants done with everything. Maybe we can get him back this way.
We can't force him to do anything. He'll tell you he's moving to Peru, or some other story, but it's not true. He's going down there for one reason, to disappear forever.
Ask him to at least contact me. We were together for nine years, and maybe I can turn things around.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vailgrl
He's going down there for one reason, to disappear forever.

What leads you to believe this so strongly? His instabilities should be known by anyone in contact with him.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

In Baja? Cold Pacifico in hand, of course.

....''there's some people that care about you''.....might not be a bad way to start...

....but what if he's a 'tecate & lime' sorta guy!??:cool:.....maybe carry a small cooler,,or maybe the fellow in the store remembers his brand.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by vailgrl
He's going down there for one reason, to disappear forever.

What leads you to believe this so strongly? His instabilities should be known by anyone in contact with him.

...sorry for my previous comment,,,a couple of replies came in while I was typing,,,
.......Indeed there's a lot pointing in the direction that vailgrl's thinking,,,but there IS hope too---buying groceries gives a huge grain of hope.....it makes me think there's a REAL possibility that he gave himself a night at least to look at stars,,,get some perspective---that's hopefully all that's needed for BG or someone to arrive with the cerveza!.......here's 'hoping'
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:33 AM

...I guess things have gone to direct communications now,,,but let us know when there's some resolution!
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:44 AM

Took off this morning at 4:30 and went first out to El Molino. I talked with many of the fishing charters I know and most of them told me they had seen my post about Mike on facebook but hadn't seen him or his truck. Kept asking around and talked to a couple of guys who thought they might have seen his truck yesterday afternoon but no positive ID's.

From there went to Jardines and the night watchman told me that he had been there since 10PM the night before and hadn't seen Mike's truck. From there I drove by Los Olivos campground and no sign of Mike. Continued on out to Cielito Lindo and no sign of him there either. Drove out to the beach on the southern end of the bay all around to see if he might have camped out there but nothing. Drove down to El Pabellon RV camp as well as out to the beach there and nothing. I did get to talk to a lot of people and left Mike's description as well as his truck and they all told me they would check on facebook to see the photos.

I called LeeAnn and gave her a summary of the morning trip and she then mentioned to me that she believes that Mike is probably headed down to a surf spot on the BCS Pacific side, north of San Juanico/Scorpion Bay called "The Wall". She also mentioned that if he is heading there he would probably stop in San Ignacio.

Shari - could you share this info on Mike with your contacts in San Ignacio, please???

Edit - Can somebody who is good at this make a flyer???

[Edited on 8-5-2014 by BajaGringo]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:51 AM

The Wall is north of Guerrero Negro. It's one of the southern seven sisters points if I remember correctly, it's been a long time since I've been there, but I think I'm right.

You turn west near a really small town named Rosarito.

[Edited on 8-5-2014 by SFandH]
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
The Wall is north of Guerrero Negro. It's one of the southern seven sisters points if I remember correctly, it's been a long time since I've been there, but I think I'm right.

So it is in BC, not BCS???

vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:02 AM

We, his friends, know in our hearts what he intends to do in Baja.
Since Mr. Hoff didn't find him this morning, I'm thinking the next stop will be San Ignacio. He'll most likely stop there before taking the North Road to Scorpion Bay. He's probably going to a desolate spot north of Scorp..
I'll send pictures of this spot (we call it Domingos) as soon as I can. It's a couple of hours north of of Scorp, and then a barely-noticeable "road" to the ocean. It sits on top of a cliff, overlooking an estuary and sand dunes. I'll try to get a better location from some of Mike's friends who went there with him.
Again, I can't thank all of you enough..ever.
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:07 AM

I don't think he's headed to the Wall..but can't say for sure.
Domingo's in in BCS, a couple of hours north of Scorpion Bay. It's desolate and one of Mike's favorite spots on earth.
I've alerted my friends, Glen and Roberta Horn, who live at the Wall half the year, and they're reaching out to folks who may be there now.
So I'm looking for folks in San Ignacio to keep an eye out for him. From there he'll most likely take the North Road down and turn off to Domingo's.
Is that more clear? I'll post pics that I have of the area when I find them..
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

So it is in BC, not BCS???

Yeah, but it sounds like he's not going there.

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:17 AM

If per chance he should pull into Bahia de Los Angeles, we will keep an eye out here. We run into town almost daily.

P>*))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:18 AM

....mannn...I wish there was more could be done,,
.........all I can hope is that the majic and power of Baja,,,,some more withdrawl from that nasty drug,,,some time and perspective,can help
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 09:42 AM

I just posted Mike's info on several facebook pages, in and around the San Ignacio area. Hopefully we'll hear something...

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.