Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: NO BOATS... period.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-26-2020 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coconuts  
Plus the Port Captain always likes a nice chunk of Atun.

Everyone's got to eat, I suppose... well, maybe not everyone.

[Edited on 4-26-2020 by Feathers]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2020 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  

We're talking about two different things. The transmission of the virus vs. the shelf life of the virus, itself.

"While reviewing the data, he (Bill Bryan, under secretary for Science and Technology at DHS) was clear about the study. Increased temperature, humidity and UV rays from the sun reduce the presence of the virus over minutes instead of hours or days."

The endpoint that everybody should be interested in is the transmission to people. It's people that get sick, not a dumb boat.

What data, what sources, what study the undersecretary has reviewed is not known. The very terminology of these slides, i.e. "surface" VS "aerosol" is not a scientific level. More like a 7-grade level. I would guess it's on the president's level as well.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2020 at 02:16 PM

Feathers - as we were taking our daily walk yesterday morning, I saw a boat with 2 people on it right out in front of our houses. What's up with that?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2020 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Feathers - as we were taking our daily walk yesterday morning, I saw a boat with 2 people on it right out in front of our houses. What's up with that?

Probably the vigilante.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 03:37 AM

They don't usually go out during the day but perhaps it was them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with boats but some friends wanted to come over the other day, they live in Abreojos, and the police did NOT let them come into La Bocana.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
They don't usually go out during the day but perhaps it was them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with boats but some friends wanted to come over the other day, they live in Abreojos, and the police did NOT let them come into La Bocana.

WOW. We use the ATM in Abre. I hope they don't return the favor!

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 08:36 AM
Wherever you ARE ............. Do Your Part.

I DO.

Having taken seriously the rules of behavior (masks, distancing, etc) structured by our membership campground in Poppet Flats and heeding their stated position that (due to limited enforcement personnel) they are dependent on the cooperation and vigilance of their membership to keep the facility open, as we follow those rules, we are reporting EVERY violation that we observe.

While I've been told to "MYOB" a couple of times and replied "it IS my business", I've been fairly successful. And, I'm sure appreciated.

Well, maybe, not so much by the scofflaws.

Work within the system to make the system work.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 10:16 AM
Hidden Franks

Frankly, THAT is the kind of situation which calls for the Sergeant Shultz Solution:

"I KNOW NOTHING !"
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 12:26 PM

Back to the topic.

If you have to be "out there", be smart - get your flu shot. Yes, now if it's still available. And in the fall, since Cov-19 could come back again if we even manage to get rid of it this year. People who were recently vaccinated for viral and/or bacterial infectious diseases are less likely to become infected. An article submitted to LitCovid, a subgroup of PubMed if you are familiar with these databases: How to reduce the likelihood of infection.

They also suggest air purifiers and extensive use of UV lamps in hospitals. The search for effects of sun UV radiation and heat on Cov-19 fetched inconclusive results, I wouldn't bet on this - definitely doesn't outweigh social distancing and PPE.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2020 at 07:14 AM

The co-op is sending boats out to fish starting Monday.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2020 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

We started fishing this past Wednesday. Good times!
JZ
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  
Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

We started fishing this past Wednesday. Good times!

Congrats.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 08:54 AM
Thanks JZ

Our people are pretty dang happy about it.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 11:51 AM
Great news!

Picked up a panga recently and currently going through everything and sprucing it up..

2.jpg - 113kB

Should be done with the project just in time to catch some fish as Baja comes back to life, just like the desert always does!

1.jpg - 143kB

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 12:47 PM

Gail Jean is gorgeous, Don Jorge! WOW!
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 01:42 PM

Nice boat DJ! Inboard?
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 02:02 PM

I smell many fish in you're future !!!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2020 at 08:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Nice boat DJ! Inboard?

Yes it is a GM 3.0 140 hp mated to a Volvo 290 outdrive.

Both are recently rebuilt and I can do just about anything on the motor myself except for machine shop work and know enough about out drives to keep them reliable. The out drive on this Amato panga lifts out of the water completely and I love the full transom on this boat.

It was quite rough when I bought it but after stripping it down doing a bit of foredeck work, rewiring, new bait pump, 2 new bige pumps, tee top off, aluminum cleaned up, lots of glass work on the console, built in bait tank, etc etc new Garmin sounder, Icom radio it will soon be ready and 3 coats of polyurethane paint. Putting it back together next week.

I am lucky to have a shop in a beautiful place in a rural setting just a few miles from home in San Clemente. I sold my twin diesel Phoenix sportfisher 2 seasons ago and did not fish for over a year until I spent 2 months in Mag Bay last fall.

The panga pulls true and my 350 doesn't mind it at all. I like that this boat is narrow and I can trailer it in Baja without worry.

I spent many a season towing my Blackman 26 up and down Baja. I am too old for that now, haha. Looking forward to spending the coming season fishing all over Baja, again.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2020 at 07:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  
Nice boat DJ! Inboard?

Both are recently rebuilt and I can do just about anything on the motor myself except for machine shop work and know enough about out drives to keep them reliable. The out drive on this Amato panga lifts out of the water completely and I love the full transom on this boat.

It was quite rough when I bought it but after stripping it down doing a bit of foredeck work, rewiring, new bait pump, 2 new bige pumps, tee top off, aluminum cleaned up, lots of glass work on the console, built in bait tank, etc etc new Garmin sounder, Icom radio it will soon be ready and 3 coats of polyurethane paint. Putting it back together next week.

I am lucky to have a shop in a beautiful place in a rural setting just a few miles from home in San Clemente. I sold my twin diesel Phoenix sportfisher 2 seasons ago and did not fish for over a year until I spent 2 months in Mag Bay last fall.

The panga pulls true and my 350 doesn't mind it at all. I like that this boat is narrow and I can trailer it in Baja without worry.

I spent many a season towing my Blackman 26 up and down Baja. I am too old for that now, haha. Looking forward to spending the coming season fishing all over Baja, again.

Very Nice! That should be a reliable combo. I always heard bad things about omc and merc outdrives but never Volvo. Maybe we´ll cross paths this year in Baja? Wahoo!
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2020 at 08:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  
Nice boat DJ! Inboard?

Looks great, Don! I love projects like yours...so fun customizing and improving boats like yours! Would love to see more pics of it when done.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.