Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  28    30    32  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:11 PM

I would do more if I could but I can't. I am leaving for work in Honduras and Cuba in a few days and don't want to take on something I can't finish.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Given that Ferna is in TJ, how do you expect that to work. Lizard Lips has been there three times so far, but I guess there's a reason he's not on your list as someone to ask. Seems one of the more dependable people to me. As someone else said, I would sure want him on my side. Just askin'?

LL is out of town more often than not. I don't think he would consider it.

:lol: Posting all over each other.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by DENNIS]
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:18 PM

I trust Lizard Lips, and certainly value his input and opinions. Because his schedule is frequently like that noted above, I was not going to assume anything. Happy to hear any other suggestions as well. Maybe even try to get a couple of people - to possibly ensure some "checks and balances".

I'd only mentioned two people that had already gotten involved, as well as established a connection with daughter Christine already.

Open to any thoughts. How about Dennis, who's certainly demonstrated his concerns here as well for the welfare of Ron and Cris? I'd hate for this topic to have to go on for another 5-10 pages though... as well as resulting in no action/activity. Just sayin'....

:biggrin:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Doug we are going to the hospital tomorrow and will make a cash payment to Ron's hospital.

It would be of exceptional interest if MRIs are noted on the receipt.
Please insist on an itemized accounting.

If there is mention of MRI....please make mental note of it and don't question it in their office.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by DENNIS]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:37 PM

It's crystal clear now that Ron did not, and is not getting the best possible care for his injury. And the "tug of war" is occuring because of the frustration over that knowledge and not being able to do anything to change it.

Whether the care he's receiving is adequate we will only know after it's over. But there were better options and nomads were willing to pay for them.
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:39 PM

Just ONE last thing and then I'm DONE here...I've already said too much and been too outspoken!!

Has anyone called The Governor of Baja yet?

Would probably be easiest to call from within Baja.

Does anyone have a phone number or personal e-mail for Antonio/Baja Cactus? I think he has many connections to Baja's Tourism officials and maybe even the Governor.

Miguelamo / Michael

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:43 PM

On a lighter note....it just occured to me that being a Nomad is just like having an insurance policy. Pretty cool, huh.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:43 PM

perhaps money could be electronically transferred to angel & doug's bank account as they are going to be paying bills when they arrive tomorrow...perhaps U2U angel for details and to give financial assistance.

I understand that Ron's daughter is making decisions based on her investigations and am confident she is able to do that...that being said...her decisions are based upon what is being reported by the doctor. Please dont judge her as there are mitigating circumstances we werent aware of in her life and she did the best she could at the time. It also sounds like Cristina's family are there with her which is great.

It would be fantastic if LL could stop in for another visit this evening to see how Ron's jaw operation went today..cant hurt to have some live on scene reporting....keep those prayers coming folks.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
perhaps money could be electronically transferred to angel & doug's bank account as they are going to be paying bills when they arrive tomorrow...perhaps U2U angel for details and to give financial assistance.

It would be nice to have some numbers to consider.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I trust Lizard Lips, and certainly value his input and opinions. Because his schedule is frequently like that noted above, I was not going to assume anything. Happy to hear any other suggestions as well. Maybe even try to get a couple of people - to possibly ensure some "checks and balances".

I'd only mentioned two people that had already gotten involved, as well as established a connection with daughter Christine already.

Open to any thoughts. How about Dennis, who's certainly demonstrated his concerns here as well for the welfare of Ron and Cris? I'd hate for this topic to have to go on for another 5-10 pages though... as well as resulting in no action/activity. Just sayin'....

:biggrin:

What is needed now (and I think that is what you are saying) is for someone to organize a fund-raising. Not a promise of pledges, but actual money in an actual account. It is my understanding that is what the family needs most at this point. Personally, I think it would be useful to that end, for Ron's daughter to confirm that, but if she is not comfortable doing so, someone should take on that task as a proxy for her. I cannot be that person, for many reasons. What I can do is bring down cash from any account that does get set up if it is on this side.

Please U2U me with any requests, etc., I don't think I will be posting on this thread any longer.
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:51 PM

For whatever it is worth, I went to the Baja California Governor website and sent a message to the Governor.

https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/FormasContacto/

Hopefully he will get it.

Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:59 PM

I am driving south to BOLA on Friday. I just talked to Carol at Discover Baja travel and insurance. She is willing to hold any money you would like to donate, for me to take to Ensenada on Friday. I will need to set a meeting place to give the money to some one, since i am towing a boat a will not be very maneuverable.

Link to their site: www.discoverbaja.com/

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
I don't think I will be posting on this thread any longer.

:lol::lol: Sure you will. You're an involved type of person.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:14 PM

I live too far to be a good advocate or handle anyones finances, and can only leave my little boys for two days maximum. But, when I get there tomorrow, I will talk to Cristina's family about a bank account for funds to be transfered. I know that every amount donated regardless of size will be appreciated and all prayers as well. I also don't have any authority to inquire into medical procedures. And if HIPAA laws down in Mexico are anything like the ones we have here it will be nearly impossible for the hospital to disclose that to a family friend. But, again we will do our best to provide asistantance to the family as much as it is allowed.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:15 PM

Any chance to tap into the account with the 5 million pesos Ron got for the abalone project a few months back? Seems the abalone won't need it if Ron isn't there.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
I also don't have any authority to inquire into medical procedures.
NEVER SAY NEVER, it won't hurt to try. Somebody has to find out what the hell is going on down there, before Ron no longer has need for financial help.:mad:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:24 PM

Bring the receptionist a big box of gooey chocolates and she'll share her most guarded secrets. Honest.
akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:26 PM

Story about Ron & Cris at: http://www.signonsandiego.com

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by akbear]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akbear
Story about Ron & Cris at: http://www.signonsandiego.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/border/
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 02:41 PM

Thanks Dennis for sharing the article very insightful and factual. Yes, I will sneak in a few chocolates, but hopefully Ron won't snatch them for himself. Baja1943 I didn't say I wouldn't put my reporter hat on... I just know that there will be some limitations.
 Pages:  1  ..  28    30    32  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.