BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron

The most illegals I ever saw in one place was 8 guys sharing a two bedroom apt. and that was in the 80s. Not that "20 per room" doesn't happen but that's a misperception as to be commonplace. They do (or did) live in dirt caves by the strawberry fields in Carlsbad however.
The illegals I've worked in the same company with or lived near have usually been huge consumers of US goods and the biggest complaint they have in their lives is that they don't send enough money home to Mexico. I have not known any of them to steal anything. They would probably return home after working for 6 months or a year if it didn't cost so much to come back...they don't necessarily want to be here full time.

That's a fair comment, Mexitron, and certainly true of most, but not all, illegals. The stats coming out of the prisons reveal a sobering situation vis-a-vis "illegals", and that is also a "fact".

Like "most" illegals are perhaps not a drag on the USA Society, most of those supporting the Arizona law are NOT bigots, or racists, despite what some say.

Lets see how this all plays out.

Barry

Exactly...I'm not trying to weigh in either side of the debate here, clearly we need a better system in place to deal with what could possibly be a win/win situation for US employers and foreign workers. I get a little peeved though when all illegals are portrayed as immoral lowlifes--they're a broad cross-section of humanity just as we are, mostly good, some bad.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
To be prosecuted for hiring illegal aliens the government needs to prove that you knowingly hired illegal aliens.

My neighbors don't "know" that their full time Mexican maid in Colorado is illegal. They don't talk about it with her. They don't want to know, because they can them feign ignorance. However, they confided in me that they presume she is illegal because she doesn't have a SS card. So they pay her cash under the table, WHICH IS ILLEGAL!

I say crack down on illegal immigrants and crack down on those who employ them......either knowingly or unknowlingly (they know).
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Enforce ALL the Laws, including a crackdown on employers hiring Illegal Aliens no matter WHO they are.

I don't believe it!!!!!!! This is the first time in something like 5 years on BN that I have ever agreed with MrBullS.

This is one liberal who would support such an effort. Kumbaya! YES WE CAN! :biggrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
they confided in me that they presume she is illegal because she doesn't have a SS card. So they pay her cash under the table, WHICH IS ILLEGAL!

OK...So, what are we supposed to do? Hire a White kid from the local community college to clean the toilet every couple of weeks and pay their withholding taxes and social security?
C'mon, get real. That won't happen and you know it, but it will be overlooked because she's legal.
So...this isn't really a matter of paying taxes, is it. Seems those who are crying loudest about the illegal help not having their taxes paid are going to ruin everything for those they think they're helping. The illegal housecleaner will be forced out of the labor pool and left wondering why everybody had to be so helpful.
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
OK...So, what are we supposed to do? Hire a White kid from the local community college to clean the toilet every couple of weeks and pay their withholding taxes and social security?

Yes, that is what the Law requires you to do. If they say they have a IRS I.D. tax number then you pay them cash or check or whatever and you have to fill out form #...... (somebody help me here) and mail it to the IRS with their Tax I.D. number on it and the amount you paid them.

Do we obey the Laws of the USA or not? Or do we obey the Laws that are just convenient for you?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
do we obey the Laws that are just convenient for you?

When it comes to paying someone for cleaning my toilet, I do it my way.
Don't try to tell me that you, ever in your life, made a big payroll ordeal with the kid who mowed your lawn or cleaned your garage. You payed him cash and you know it.

People like you, who try to convince others that you live your life by a literal interpretation of every chickenchit little law that has appeared in the books, are a complete disingenuous hypocrite. You couldn't go through life with the burden of that much purity.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, that is what the Law requires you to do. If they say they have a IRS I.D. tax number then you pay them cash or check or whatever and you have to fill out form #...... (somebody help me here) and mail it to the IRS with their Tax I.D. number on it and the amount you paid them.

Do we obey the Laws of the USA or not? Or do we obey the Laws that are just convenient for you?

1099 I believe

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 03:51 PM
NEVER Have, NEVER Will.

Pay someone to clean my toilet, that is.

OR, mow my lawn. Back when I had a lawn, that is. If I didn't do it, my kids did. Which doesn't count.

However, for those who have paid someone to mow the lawn or clean the yard (or even clean the toilet), isn't it legal to assume those as private contractors doing incidental work ? With any tax reporting burden being theirs ? I don't remember the exact rules for Legitimate Contractors, but it's easy enough to look up.

Although I worked for three different Telecom contractors over a period of eight years and we were referred to as such, we were actually "Leased" employees under the law. The IRS rules for a Private Contractor are pretty tight, but I think a "Casual" Lawn-Mowing guy qualifies.

From the IRS website:

"A general rule is that the payer has the right to control or direct only the result of the work done by an independent contractor, and not the means and methods of accomplishing the result".

AND, You MAY have to file a 1099 If:

1. You made the payment to someone who is not your employee;

2. You made the payment for services in the course of your trade or business (including government agencies and nonprofit organizations);

3. You made the payment to an individual, partnership, estate, or in some cases, a corporation; and

4. You made payments to the payee of at least $600 during the year.

Looks like you're OK with that White kid mowing.

[Edited on 5-6-2010 by MrBillM]
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:02 PM

Ho Hum Yawn....

This is the most boring thread all of the sudden.

Could someone Please Please Hijack so that we can move onto a subject more in line with the credo Love Peace and Fish Tacos!

How about all the road kill down here. Someone should really do something about all the strays. It breaks my heart every time I pass one of those little road pizzas.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
Don't try to tell me that you, ever in your life, made a big payroll ordeal with the kid who mowed your lawn or cleaned your garage. You payed him cash and you know it.

Of course I did. I broke the Law. If it is under $20 bucks a month , I don't worry about it. When it is a project for $1,000, I fill out a 1099. That is why I am ambivalent about cracking down on illegal immigrants who are breaking the law. I live in a glass house and I am not going to throw stones.

Quote:
People like you, who try to convince others that you live your life by a literal interpretation of every chickenchit little law that has appeared in the books, are a complete disingenuous hypocrite. You couldn't go through life with the burden of that much purity.

Yes, I am guilty as charged, a hypocrite, just like the next person. I admit it. (By the way I clean my own house and don't have any maids - legal or illegal) That's why I don't judge my neighbors too harshly, they are good people just trying to get by with a warped sense of responsibility (like me sometimes).

I think hypocrites are those who say that illegal immigrants need to obey the Law, but they don't have to.

Peace, Love, and Cerveza Tecate!

[Edited on 5-6-2010 by oxxo]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
do we obey the Laws that are just convenient for you?

DENNIS,
iF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW THE LAWS, WHY DO YOU GET UPSET WHEN IMMIGRANTS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW???

:lol::lol:

"do as i say, not as i do," said dennis
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Could someone Please Please Hijack so that we can move onto a subject more in line with the credo Love Peace and Fish Tacos!

here is a hijack --
dk sure has been silent on this issue. is that because he is an irrigation contractor and he stops stops by home depot to pick up day laborers and give them a ride in his toyota tacoma??????

where is "mr fish, peace, toyota, love, gps waypoints, and fish tacos"?
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:26 PM

In California, you don't need to file a 1099 if the job is less than $500 per year. The kid would need to mow your lawn quite a few times for you to need to report it.
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
dk sure has been silent on this issue. is that because he is an irrigation contractor

I hope he just landed a nice contract and is too busy to post. That is what is called a "win/win" situation (I'm just kidding DK)!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
iF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW THE LAWS, WHY DO YOU GET UPSET WHEN IMMIGRANTS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW???

Immigrants breaking the law isn't my issue. Never was.
My issue is with the actvists and foreign leaders telling the US how they will interpret or ignore the law. Since the illegals have joined the ranks of the actvists, they have turned me against any needs they may have.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
In California, you don't need to file a 1099 if the job is less than $500 per year. The kid would need to mow your lawn quite a few times for you to need to report it.

I wonder how many toilets they would have to scrubb to reach 500 bucks. I would think in a years time, the lawn mower would get there first.
oxxo
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Immigrants breaking the law isn't my issue.

Okay, just so I understand, you don't have a problem with illegal immigrants?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2010 at 05:00 PM

Quote:

Okay, just so I understand, you don't have a problem with illegal immigrants?

Here. Let me say it again. Read slowly now:

"Immigrants breaking the law isn't my issue. Never was.
My issue is with the actvists and foreign leaders telling the US how they will interpret or ignore the law. Since the illegals have joined the ranks of the actvists, they have turned me against any needs they may have."
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

tongue.gif posted on 5-7-2010 at 05:48 AM
fear not DK....

the old devil Goat is just being his usual eristic self....:rolleyes:

and Dennis - you got it right on all fronts, my man.:light:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn

here is a hijack --
dk sure has been silent on this issue. is that because he is an irrigation contractor and he stops stops by home depot to pick up day laborers and give them a ride in his toyota tacoma??????

where is "mr fish, peace, toyota, love, gps waypoints, and fish tacos"?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2010 at 07:06 AM

bump
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.