Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Thanks Dennis for sharing the article very insightful and factual.

That was compliments of akbear. I thank him as well.

Quote:
Yes, I will sneak in a few chocolates, but hopefully Ron won't snatch them for himself.

If you're going there tomorrow, I can assure you he won't do that.
Besides....chocolate it hard on a broken jaw.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 03:18 PM

"miraculous" recovery?? "mucho Mejor"?? I hope I'm wrong about the bad feeling I have about Ron's situation?! His daughter doesn't seem to feel the urgency that most of us do. Heavenly Father, please help us.. Tio

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by tiotomasbcs]
vjfamily
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 03:52 PM

I just got off the phone with Carol at DiscoverBaja. I made a donation via my credit card. DiscoverBaja is doing a great community service helping to get cash to Ron and Cristina, many thanks to them. Joanna
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 03:56 PM

Positive thoughts everybody, just think positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:06 PM

Just got back from visiting Chava to give him so money to tide him over, both my Wife Pamela and I talked to Christina via viber a couple hours ago. She is trying to login here and I put her into contact with Doug. She was having a meeting with the bank at 2 to see if they can help. Barring that I suggested setting up a Paypal account for donations (best I could come up with on the spur of the moment if someone has a better idea please chime in) She texted me that she has done so. Lets wait for her appearence here to give us the particulars. BTW on top of all this she has a sick 5 year old, so please quit with 2nd guessing her! She does not want to move Ron!

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by astrobaja]

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:29 PM

Update;
During the day 've been in touch with the hospital in Ensenada, have talked to Sirenita once and I just got off the phone with Christine for the second time today, once in the morning and then just now. To clear things up, her dad is sedated and has a breathing tube because of the broken jaw, so he wont shoke on his saliva and should be in the operating room soon to fix his jaw. Originaly the operation was scheduled for around 8am but the person that had to sign the authorization had mechanical problems in getting to the hospital so it was rescheduled. as you can read on facebook they are recuperating fast and should be out soon.
The only decision taht counts regarding Ron's care at this point is that of Christine, his daughter and it is very clear that #1 She does not want to run up a $$$$ medical bill in the US, since Ron has no US insurance. #2 She considers that her dad is receiving the proper medical treatment at this point in Ensenada.
There have been offers to help financialy in order to get Ron to the US side. As it stands right now he will be cared for in Ensenada but there are still medical expenses. As i posted before she paid when she was here about $37,000 pesos and there were about $25,000 more due. At this point it's $5,000 more. So the financial need is there and I'm sure it has a daily hospital rate. There were about 15 posts with offers here to help out financialy and Christine does not have a PayPal available or any way for her to access any moneys Ron might have in the US since no power of attorney was in place for that.
I am the one that told her of the offers and yes, she would very much appreciate the financial help that could be given for this cause.
I have commited to Christine to go to Ensenada and personaly deliver or make whatever payments are necesary, of course getting the proper receipts and making everything accountable and transparent. The question now is who is still wanting to help with the medical expenses since it's not going to be for an ambulance transfer. I don't have a PayPal acct. but there are other ways to do this. If someone is interested, please let me know publicly or via U2U.
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:31 PM

Glad to hear, via the news article, that they're both getting better. I don't know Ron but I've read many posts describing what a "together" person he is. Plus I've read a bunch of his posts. It makes me think of the old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I bet his daughter is making the right decisions. Plus I'm sure, if asked, he would want to stay there, close to his wife. Sounds like the medical personnel in charge saved his life. Good for them and all involved.

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Glad to hear, via the news article, that they're both getting better. I don't know Ron but I've read many posts describing what a "together" person he is. It makes me think of the old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I bet his daughter is making the right decisions. Plus I'm sure, if asked, he would want to stay there, close to his wife. Sounds like the medical personnel in charge saved his life. Good for them and all involved.

Ditto

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:38 PM

Fernando I have $1,000.00 to send. Can someone open a Mexican bank account so we can wire transfer money. If other arrangement are made just let us know.

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:52 PM

Last year we sent money to someone in Ensenada from our Bancomer account to his Elektra account. Apparently it is very easy for a person (Ron's daughter or wife if she is recovered) to set up an Elektra account and then money could be wired from the U.S. to that account via Western Union, for example. It can take up to 5 days to get money through PayPal. Apparently WalMart also offers this service. Maybe someone else knows more about it, but the person we dealt with got his money the next day at Elektra in Ensenada.
vjfamily
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:53 PM

Send it to Carol at Discover Baja she will give to Bob to deliever. See above posts.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 04:57 PM

Here is a news article from Fulano's web site!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:03 PM

One day, soon I would hope, he'll have to be transported. My offer stands to be waiting at the Del Carmen door with my credit card in hand to cover that expense.

By the way.....if he doesn't have VA coverage, which it seems he may not, he can be transported directly to any emergency room in the states and they will admit him. The fewer his assets, the better the view.
This should be considered before the well runs dry with Del Carmen or he is kept there long enough to no longer be considered an emergency case in the states.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vjfamily
Send it to Carol at Discover Baja she will give to Bob to deliever. See above posts.

Great idea, I tried calling right now but they are closed, I'll try again tomorrow and maybe we can get the payment down there before friday, I sure hope so.

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:07 PM

Elinvestig8r we leave tonight. I can pickup the funds and give to Christine or make a direct payment to the hospital and drop off the receipt on our way back. U2U me and I can give you my info.
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:12 PM

i have wired money to ensenada before. i used western union and my friend picked it up. at that time there were 2 services to wire to. my friend preferred one over the other but i can't remember the name of the service. it may have been a better location for him or a safer service. maybe someone has done this before and knows more. i remember that the recipients name must be exact, matching the identification.

similar to latinas idea, but i'm not familiar with elektra.

if FDT is in charge of these funds it may be a convenient answer, in addition to discover baja.

sbwontoo
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Fernando I have $1,000.00 to send. Can someone open a Mexican bank account so we can wire transfer money. If other arrangement are made just let us know.

The best and fastest wy right now is via Western Union to San Ysidro were I can go across, pick up and head for Ensenada. My full name is Fernando Garcia Obeso
http://local.westernunion.com/locator/92173_San-Ysidro_Calif...

Chrissie_Hoff

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:23 PM

First of all I wanted to say thank you for all the prayers and good wishes sent to my dad and Cristina.

At this time I'm trying to get everything in line in order to go back to see them, right now Cristina family and a family friend are with them and I know tomorrow more friends will be with them.

Like my dad always said to me nobody is perfect, I know I'm not. I'm just human and trying to get everything going for the best for my dad and Cristina.

I know that they will not want to be separated. Cristina is trying to get out of the hospital just to be next to my dad and my dad will want to have Cristine right next to him when he is out of the hospital too! Only way to do that is by keeping them in Mexico.

Sorry for any grammar or spelling.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Elinvestig8r we leave tonight. I can pickup the funds and give to Christine or make a direct payment to the hospital and drop off the receipt on our way back. U2U me and I can give you my info.

Angels Thank you so much for offering and I would take you up on it but I won't have it available until tomorrow afternoon sometime. Fdt has resolved my dilemna. Thanks again for offering.

David

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:35 PM

WOW...you've been up there for ten minutes and no one has even said hello.
Hi Chrissie.....this is for certain a difficult time for you and the tough decisions are the most painful. Hang in there. You're doing fine.
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.