Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 10:55 AM

The family just received an email from a couple that spent several weeks in Scorpion Bay, San Juanico. After leaving the area and 2 days later, they spotted Gary's flyer and both thought he looked familiar from the Scorpion Bay area. Our email address was on the flyer and we have notified our contact in Baja with this information. Please be aware if anyone checks out this area. Our continued appreciation for all that you have done.
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 11:21 AM

Given the circumstances and lack of confirmed sightings , my gut feeling is you should be putting your search efforts in the Jardines/SanQuintin area .

Justmy 2c
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 11:26 AM

Flyers need to be posted in San Juanico. Anyone know someone there? Flyer could be emailed to them for distribution ther e.

fish101
Nomad

Mood: energized

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 11:58 AM

I emailed my friends in San Juanico this morning, asking them to check this thread and if they may have spotted Gary in this area. Some of you may know them: Mike and Cholie Patterson (former owners of Del Borracho's in Loreto). If I hear back from them and they haven't posted a reply on this thread, I will post any information that I receive.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 12:19 PM

I saw a flyer at the tourist info place in the San Quintin area. We stopped to get our fishing licenses. The guys that worked there made sure we saw the flyer. This was in late September.
SC2BAJA

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 10:02 PM

I am headed to San Juanico after the baja mil next weekend. I will check La Laguna, Cardon, Datil and Cadaje on my way south. There are a hundred different roads heading south via the salt flats. Ill keep my eyes open and post flyers along the way. I have emailed local folks in San Junaico the flyer to post as well. Keep the hope alive! Baja is a big place with lots of areas still unchecked.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 08:24 AM

This may be relevant:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/07/wisconsin-woman-missing...

bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 09:37 AM

Has anyone done this at this checkpoint.
Southbound a few days ago they WERE writing down passport ID numbers as well as license plates.
If not, I can try and see if they'll check the license plate numbers for me in about 5 days on my northbound return.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Nothing to report between Cataviña and Loreto. It is a long shot, but it could be worth checking the list of license plates that have passed at the military checkpoint just south of El Rosario since the disappearance. All license plate numbers are written down for northbound vehicles only. (This was the first checkpoint open on our drive south.) We saw no fliers at any of the military checkpoints; nor at the gas stations we used, including Antonios, in El Rosario. I regret now we didn't carry a stack with us.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.â€
-Mark Twain
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
This may be relevant:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/07/wisconsin-woman-missing...

Relevant to the power of "hope" maybe. :light:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanmckenzie
Has anyone done this at this checkpoint.
Southbound a few days ago they WERE writing down passport ID numbers as well as license plates.
If not, I can try and see if they'll check the license plate numbers for me in about 5 days on my northbound return.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Nothing to report between Cataviña and Loreto. It is a long shot, but it could be worth checking the list of license plates that have passed at the military checkpoint just south of El Rosario since the disappearance. All license plate numbers are written down for northbound vehicles only. (This was the first checkpoint open on our drive south.) We saw no fliers at any of the military checkpoints; nor at the gas stations we used, including Antonios, in El Rosario. I regret now we didn't carry a stack with us.

And ,

Did anyone ever stop in at Mama's and look at her guest book for a possible entry after 9-5?? :?:
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 10:09 AM

Yes, I did that southbound at Mama Espinoza's in El Rosario. No entries around the time he went missing all the until 11/3/13.

Quote:
And, Did anyone ever stop in at Mama's and look at her guest book for a possible entry after 9-5?? :?:

[Edited on 2013-11-7 by bryanmckenzie]

-Mark Twain
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 10:29 AM
Posting in Catavina at Cafe la Enramada

-Mark Twain
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote:

I think you just busted Peterson from Costa Mesa. :lol::lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 10:45 AM
Bahia Tortugas

I also left and English and a Spanish flyer here at Motel Nanci. They've not seen him.

-Mark Twain
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 11:52 AM

Who is that? I know Dennis would never get caught, he goes by Baja Bachelor!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I think you just busted Peterson from Costa Mesa. :lol::lol:
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 10:12 PM

I need to respond with great appreciation to everyone that continues to make that extra effort in the search for Gary, our family thanks you all so much. We continue to be hopeful, thank you for reminding us people do care.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2013 at 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
The family just received an email from a couple that spent several weeks in Scorpion Bay, San Juanico. After leaving the area and 2 days later, they spotted Gary's flyer and both thought he looked familiar from the Scorpion Bay area...

I got a u2u from Blanca regarding this possible Gary sighting and when I looked at this thread for the first time, it struck me that in the posted photo of Gary resembles a lot of guys who visit the San Juanico area. Very common appearance, age, lifestyle etc to see around here. I'm not trying to be funny but honestly, if he was wearing a hat i'd mistake him for at least 3 different ex-pats that hang around here and that's not counting visitors. 4 Runners are very common but the silver color and roof rack would set it apart from most of the older models here.

Unless he knows someone in town or befriended someone with a place here, he would mostly likely be/ or would have been in the campground. I checked at the campground today (Thursday, Nov 7) and didn't see his car. I've been exploring surrounding beaches more than usual over the past 2 weeks with visiting family and have not seen anyone camping in the remote areas either.

There are 3 "hotels" in San Juanico. The least expensive one is above the grocery store and his car would be very visible and I haven't seen it parked there. It's owned by a local family and I don't think they have internet.The other 2 hotels are gringo-owned (Google SJ hotels for contact info) and the family could contact them directly to inquire. Vacation rental homes aren't cheap here but you could try a couple of the vacation rental agents found online also to see if he asked about rentals.

If he's a skilled/experienced, (I hate to say it, but a "real, life-long surfer") he wouldn't have stayed here long because it's been a terrible summer, lots of people, and there haven't been real waves for many months. If he's more of a recreational or novice surfer, he might have been here a little while but there have been many days with no waves at all and it can get boring (and $$) to stick around here when it's flat.

I'm sorry but I live outside of town and rarely go to town or the town beaches/campground where you'll encounter most visitors so I'm not the best resource of who's coming and going and the latest haps. We will certainly keep our eyes open for him and the car and I'll see if there are already flyers at the gas stations and stores.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2013 at 10:29 AM

Thanks Oladulce ! Those were good points and thanks again for the input!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2013 at 10:36 AM

SC2BAJA thanks for keeping an eye out in that area ! your first post and you are offering an important lifeline to Gary's family. Thanks muchissimo!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2013 at 03:45 PM

I've been following this since day one and maybe it's none of my business but everything seems to be going no where and it's a bit frustrating. Has any professionals or investigators been called in? Has the immediate family even been SOB looking? No offense intended but something seems way off to me. I know if one of my family members went missing I would have my ass down there looking and pull all resources to do it...

[Edited on 11-8-2013 by Bubba]
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31    33  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.