Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  30    32    34  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:36 PM

Chris- It is Laura, I am glad that you finally were able to login and share your thoughts. There are many amazing Nomad's here who are willing to help your daddy. I'll call you before we leave. Need to take care of the boys and buy the pet food and supplies for Cristina. Hugs and blessings.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:41 PM

Bienvenida a Baja Nomad Christine.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
WOW...you've been up there for ten minutes and no one has even said hello.
Hi Chrissie.....this is for certain a difficult time for you and the tough decisions are the most painful. Hang in there. You're doing fine.

seconded. Welcome- wish it was under better circumstances.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:52 PM

Hi Christine, I hope to see your Dad up and kicking real soon.

The idea of contacting the governor of Baja is excellent and at least one person here has tried via email.

Ron is a V.I.P. in more ways than one.

I am on standby...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 05:54 PM

Hi Chrissie: its Mike and Pamela, glad you got registered here, welcome! Theres a few other very good ideas beside Paypal so give them a read!
Chava says to hello, hes going to be here in the sierra for a few days.

hang in there

Mike

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:01 PM

Hi Chrissie I am a friend of your dad and Cristina. I love them both. The picture above is when they came to my mom's 103rd birthday party in El Rosario. I invite them every year. Your dad is one of the most giving people I know and has helped many who needed help. I pray for them every day that they get stronger and stronger so they can get back to the life they love.

David *******

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissie_Hoff
First of all I wanted to say thank you for all the prayers and good wishes sent to my dad and Cristina.

At this time I'm trying to get everything in line in order to go back to see them, right now Cristina family and a family friend are with them and I know tomorrow more friends will be with them.

Like my dad always said to me nobody is perfect, I know I'm not. I'm just human and trying to get everything going for the best for my dad and Cristina.

I know that they will not want to be separated. Cristina is trying to get out of the hospital just to be next to my dad and my dad will want to have Cristine right next to him when he is out of the hospital too! Only way to do that is by keeping them in Mexico.

Sorry for any grammar or spelling.

You are doing GREAT and you have NOTHING that needs to be explained to anyone! Continue to follow not just your thoughts, but your heart and what you know is the heart of your father----it sounds like Cristina will be able to be by his side very soon, which is great----it means she is healing well, and her presence will heal your father. Travel safe, and saludos to you and ALL of your family.

And we will just continue to follow what the best method is for getting funds to help with the expenses. Right now, is sounds like Discover Baja is the place.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:07 PM

Thaqnks Dennis for the direct link to Sandra's article in Sign on San Diego:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/13/us-expat-and-...

An American citizen living in the Baja California community of San Quintin was severely beaten, along with his wife, on Saturday after he tried to stop a crime in progress near his house, the Baja California Attorney General’s Office reported.

Ron Hoff and Cristina Montes Monjo were being treated on Tuesday at separate hospitals in Ensenada for injuries sustained near their residence in the outskirts of this farming and fishing community located about 180 miles south of the border.

News of the incident has resounded across the expatriate community. Since moving to Baja California in 2003, Hoff, a 54-year-old freelance web designer and Long Beach native, has become known through his message board, www.bajatalk.com and website, www.bajagringo.com. He has written lovingly about Baja California, praising the kindness and warmth of its residents.

“This is a guy who really walks the talk as far as helping people down there,” said Doug Means, owner and administrator of another message board, www.bajanomad.com, whose members have been intensely following the developments in the case. “That’s why there are so many people who are very involved.”

Three suspects were in custody in connection with the incident: Jesus Humberto Aguirre Montes, 24, Jose Luis Quintero Montes, 24, and Edgar Gerardo Quintero Montes, 21. They face charges of attempted murder and car theft, aggravated by gang activity.

The incident took place Saturday afternoon in a sparsely settled area on the outskirts of San Quintin near the Pacific Ocean known as La Chorera. According to the report, the incident began when Hoff approached the suspects as they were dismantling a vehicle.

Hoff has not been able to talk about the incident. But Cristina Montes told his daughter, Christine Hoff, that Hoff had heard some noise at a neighbor’s unoccupied house, and drove down to investigate. Watching from her window, Cristina Montes saw the beating and called for help, then went to help her husband after the assailants drove off.

Ron Hoff and Cristina Montes Monjo But the suspects, who had driven away in Hoff’s SUV, returned and grabbed Montes as she tried to flee, hit her with a rock, and pulled her into the vehicle, the daughter said. Inside the vehicle, one of them tried to cut her throat, but only was able to inflict a surface wound. At one point, they threw her out of the vehicle and fled.

The suspects were captured a couple of hours after the incident following a chase in the neighborhood known as Colonia Benito Juarez, according to the Baja California Attorney General’s Office.

“It’s not something that only happens in Mexico, this could have happened anywhere,” Christine Hoff said. "The next time he’ll be more careful to see what happens across the street, he’ll probably check with a neighbor and maybe take his dog,” she said. She praised the quick actions of authorities in catching the suspects.

Hoff has been collaborating in an abalone farm being set up in La Chorera as an informal advisor to the project, said Reyes Guerrero Sandoval, the company’s owner. When the incident occurred, neighbors in the fishing community trailed and helped chase down the assailants, Guerrero said.

In a 2008 column, Hoff wrote about his love for Baja California. “The countless examples of generosity and hospitality to me are part of the very essence that makes Mexico the number one-travel destination for the USA,” he wrote. “The Baja California peninsula is my home and where I hope to spend the rest of my life, God willing.”

Means said Hoff has no insurance coverage for his treatment at the private hospital, and friends and family members are trying to raise funds.

Montes is being treated at a public hospital in Ensenada and was expected to be released today, Christine Hoff said. Hoff was undergoing surgery for a broken jaw, his daughter said. Both “are recuperating in a miraculous way,” she said.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:15 PM

Hola chrissie and thanks for coming onto this forum to help your Dad. We love him and Cristina very very much and want to help as best we can. My daughter sirenita doesnt have internet today but told me to tell you she has a spare bedroom if you want to stay with her...I wanted to call you and talk to you but thought you may be getting bombarded with strangers calling. we are all just trying to help out as best we can because we know ron has or would help us in our time of need.

Thank you for coming down so quickly to get things sorted out and I completely understand why you had to leave so quick too after talking to Laura...try to be patient with us as in our flurry to help, sometimes things can get confusing.

I think it may be good to have several options for getting funds together...western union works well but make sure you send the wire #, paypal is OK, and it sounds like Carol at Discover Baja is making it easy for people to quickly get money down...sirenita will help with that too.

Keep the faith and again, thanks for being there for your dad.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
My full name is Fernando Garcia Obeso

aka "Flowers"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
My full name is Fernando Garcia Obeso

aka "Flowers"

"My name.............................."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MOLzFpqrU
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 06:33 PM

I could not have stated this any better.
We were planning on seeing them when we come by Christmas week.

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Ron and Cristina are golden. This is tragic to happen to anyone, let alone two of the nicest people on this earth. They put everything on the line for Baja and their abalone project. I know they have several dogs that will need caring for until they recover. Is anyone near enough to their place in SQ do that? Too bad he didn't take his Dobie with him to investigate. Just tragic, I'm stunned.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 07:33 PM

Has anyone noticed that Christina's last name is Montes and the 3 suspects have the last name of Monte's. Maybe just a mistake.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 07:35 PM

hang em high.:fire:

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

Three wannabe brothers and their cousin. Just trying to pay for their narco-fashion shirts. Hang the parents first for breeding to create this trash.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 07:59 PM
Beat the bastards!

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

Mudhen

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 08:09 PM

What an amazing group of people. I am floored.

Does the hospital still need blood?

I am in La Fonda.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 08:43 PM

Christina, We here at the Nomads board applaud your courage and pray for your strength. You are doing a great job in helping your Dad and Cristina. If you need to talk all of us are here for you, if you you need to cry all of us are here for you, just like your dad has been here for many of us at on time or another. Here on this board and in life we are a family. God Bless and be strong in the days ahead. Connie & Brett
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:11 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Send me an email if anyone needs credit on their cell phone. I am also prepared to donate 500 dollars, just send me the information on how to do this.

glacierjames@aol.com

James
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:13 PM

Phew...ok back online!
Great to see Christine is on Nomad (Big warm welcome to you!) and that now that we can all be on the same page, we can get things done.

Just a quick observation from something my mom posted a few pages back about the Hospital General's visiting options, I was mistaken in saying it was at 5 pm, I spoke to the person at the desk this morning and though she would not share any information on Cristina's health, she did say that those of us interested in visiting are welcome to do so any time after 11 a.m. at this point it's up to the doctor's that are over seeing her case to allow people in, they DO allow non family members in IF there are no family members present at the time, 1 person allowed in only at a time.

I will be heading down there tomorrow morning to join Laura and who ever else shows up :)

Glad to hear things are clearing up, I'm still available to help in any way I can. As far as handeling money I'd rather not but if there is no other option of course I'll help.

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
 Pages:  1  ..  30    32    34  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.