Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:24 PM

can someone explain to me what we want the Governor for ? I can get him.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Chrissie_Hoff

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:29 PM

Thanks so much for all the support!!!!!!!!!
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
can someone explain to me what we want the Governor for ? I can get him.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by BajaBlanca]

He's a little busy being taken out of office tonight...

but, He met Ron when they gave the award for the abalone project. Maybe he can make sure the family gets a fair shake on the financials. Ron is a Mexican citizen and has Seguro Popular insurance. Yeah, I know he was sent to a private hospital where they don't take that insurance, but he is the Governor and Ron has been one of his best Baja ambassadors. Even if he could just ask his staff to review the treatment charges for Ron to be sure they are fair- that would be more than any of us could do. I know a lot of Nomads are concerned about overcharges (including the MRI). For Ron I think the Baja Governors office would do everything they could to help the family. They want this story to have a happy ending too. jmho

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:36 PM

Nice to see you here Chrissie - be prepared for overwhelming tons of advice and love and prayers for your dad and Cristina :DDDDD

You know how I feel about moving yr dad north because of head injury possibility, but I totally respect your decision to keep him south ... if you need advice on anything written by someone here, privately - there is a little blue U2U tab that is the same as sending an email ONLY TO THAT INDIVIDUAL. and to read YOUR private messages, click on the U2U tab, which is under your name in blue, at the top right of each page.

welcome to bajanomadland !

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:37 PM

I dont like the look of those criminals, they clearly are not crackheads like i tought they where. The shirts they have are expensive and like someone already mentioned, narco fashion.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2011 at 09:37 PM

ok woooosh. I will get a message to him and see if he can head over.

Come visit La Bocana

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 05:49 AM

good luck Ron and Cristina. seems you have a great, and unbeknownst to you, extended family that has your back!

this should make for some good reading while you recover, sipping dinner through a straw as your broken jaw heals!

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
I dont like the look of those criminals, they clearly are not crackheads like i tought they where.

I wondered about that too.

Quote:
The shirts they have are expensive and like someone already mentioned, narco fashion.

Polo shirts are narco????? What do golfers wear?
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:44 AM

Good Morning Chris and welcome to our very caring community. We may argue and spit at each other from time to time, but when push comes to shove - we all group together with love and pure caring in our hearts.

Chris: Perhaps you could help us understand better the condition of your father. My biggest question is: Has he regained consciousness at all since the attack? Is he still fully out of it? Have they perhaps done a CAT scan? Has the brain swelling gone down significantly?

I am sure that once Cristina can be by his side with her soothing words that he will respond very positively. We are all praying for him.

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Polo shirts are narco????? What do golfers wear?

NARCO POLO shirts

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by willyAirstream]

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 06:47 AM

About those "narco" shirts. They probably stole 'em.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 07:13 AM

The kind of shirts they are wearing are the kind that most preppy kids wear...popular brands...the thing that does have me wondering are the last names...as someone has already noticed, all three of them have the same last name as Ron's wife Cristina...Hmmmmmmmmm!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 07:28 AM
Dr. Janene Caracaus post #3

She's still having trouble connecting but wants to give you all this message -

Getting your personal Emergency Response System in order

Whew, folks, been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get timely, efficient and effective emergency response to our fellow Americans. I am thinking that a pre-arranged ambulance service, with instructions might be the answer. For example, Dianamed is the ambulance service that will take you directly to the US Border in an emergency in Ensenada. I think everyone should have instructions as to where they want to go in an extreme emergency and have the arrangements in place. These instructions should be kept on a website for everyone to see in case immediate family is not available, and pre-contact with the ambulance service, along with immediate payment arrangements with them, if you don't want to go prepaid, should be made. Visit your local ambulance service and find out who would take you to the Border, and make these arrangements NOW!! For not so serious emergencies, the Cruz Roja is available to take you and I think it might be reasonable to conclude that if you got to know the locals they would respond in a timely manner, especially if you made prepaid or conveniently acceptable payment arrangements with them, service might be expedited. What hospital would you like to go to locally if the US is not an option? Get to know the personnel there BEFORE an emergency happens, and give them all your personal data, and someone designated as an emergency contact who could hand over payment immediately in case you are not able.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Skipjack Joe]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
The kind of shirts they are wearing are the kind that most preppy kids wear...popular brands...the thing that does have me wondering are the last names...as someone has already noticed, all three of them have the same last name as Ron's wife Cristina...Hmmmmmmmmm!

Small town phenomena. Many inhabitants are related.
robt65

Mood: Let me Check!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 07:32 AM

Hello Doug,

I would like to respectfully correct an inaccurate statement made by you. You said: Ron will have no USA coverage, including the VA/etc.

This is simply not true. ANY Veteran, service connected or not can, and will be cared for by the VA Health Care System.

True it is done on a co-pay basis, but I am here to tell you that I had an amputation and continued care for that amputation for the past 20 years at no cost to me. I was involved in an accident and lost all financial capability. I was accepted without question (so to speak) and cared for quite well for all related health care for this medical procedure. I was in fact cared for at the VA La Jolla Facility. I never paid a dime for the great care. That premise is still in effect today, during my aftercare.

Sure the administrative portion of the initial intake is like any government entity . . . . . . . a pain in the butt. When that is complete, and you are “in the system”. The care is the best.

I am thinking of his aftercare now. Just because he has opted to take out Mexican citizenship does not negate this option, as one can never give up their American citizenship unless they petition the U.S. Government to specifically do so. Very few Ex Pats take this route and I doubt that Ron has done that.

After he is home and is capable of travel, I would not hesitate to take him to the La Jolla VA and get all necessary MRI, neurological evaluations done, especially if he is having any residual complications, such as seizures, lost memory, mood swings, etc.

I would urge those who have contact with his family to at least get this information to him and or his wife. What would that cost? Nothing! And what could it provide? Possibly a lot of extended life. At least let his family know there are options out there for American Veterans, with service connected injuries or not service connected injuries, capable of paying or not capable of paying.

If you, or a family member of Ron wishes to speak to me about this possibility, they can u2u me and I will provide my phone number to them or you.

Regards,
A Grateful Viet Nam Era Navy Veteran
Robt65

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Hopefully this will be short.

The family is aware of many of the things that have been brought forward in this thread. They've looked into much of it. It is their determination (and like it or not, it's only THEIR determination to make) that Ron is getting better where he is at - and he's not going to be transferred anywhere right now. Sounds like Cristina will be well enough to start being the person making determinations for Ron in the next few days.

Unless you convince THE FAMILY that something's amiss, he's going to be treated where he's at. Right now, they are comfortable and satisfied with the treatment being received.

BTW... Ron's in surgery right now for his broken jaw - at least, that's my understanding.

Ron will have no USA coverage, including the VA/etc.

Now what?

What the family could certainly use - for those that would (still) want to - is help with medical expenses at the current private hospital that is treating Ron. If there are people that wish to assist with this, the challenge is how to get funds quickly to someone on the ground there - and to whom?

Whomever it is will need to keep good records/receipts, because there will be an expectation of transparency for how those funds are spent. The responsibility does not come lightly.

I'd say it's time to stop battling the family decisions (or else find a diplomatic solution to change these decisions if you don't like or agree with them), or otherwise decide you're going to support the decisions they're making for him at this time.

Any further tug-of-war in here now is just an exercise in futility IMHO.

If you want to help Ron and Cristina, your efforts and comments from here-on should continue to be solutions-focused.

Who's going to do what?

Regards,
-
Doug Means

[Edited on 9-13-2011 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by robt65]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by robt65
I would like to respectfully correct an inaccurate statement made by you. You said: Ron will have no USA coverage, including the VA/etc.

This is simply not true. ANY Veteran, service connected or not can, and will be cared for by the VA Health Care System.

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
From his daughter, Ron was never in the Navy. He was part of some nuclear training program or something, but he never was actually in. So, that leaves the VA out. FYI.
robt65

Mood: Let me Check!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:05 AM

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the clarity. You are correct then as any such VA benefits would not include Ron. Thanks again for the heads up. Still it is good information for any other Ex Pat Veterans.

Regards,
Robt65
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:08 AM

buenos dias amigos...I sure was hoping to find a wee update on ron's condition this morning. today is a new day and angel should be there by now and hopefully cristina is well on her way to being released to be by ron's side...i hope she knows how to make a cadillac margarita and has some bendy straws...look forward to a good day on this thread.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:15 AM

A sidebar for Ex Pat Veterans: My neighbour in La Paz, who is an ex pat veteran with three tours of duty, had a pretty serious condition requiring a week-long hospital stay. Previously he had always gone to the popular American style and expensive Fidepaz hospital in La Paz. Instead a Mexican friend took him to the Military hospital in La Paz where he received top-notch round the clock attention in a private room for virtual peanuts, because he is a Veteran. It's worth checking out the militarty hospital in your location ahead of time, if you are a vet...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:19 AM

Here's a note from Dra. Janene who could dismantle your heart and put it back together, but can't seem to get signed in here. :lol: [jes funnin' wicha, Dr.J]
------------------

MRI's are NOT available in any hospital in Ensenada..

If you end up having severe head injury, MRI's are NOT available in ANY of the
hospitals here in Ensenada, and to find out if you have a fractured skull,
hematoma, or stroke, there is Burboa Radiologists but to be transferred from any
hospital to get an MRI there would be at best, life threatening in an extreme
emergency, so please folks if you need an MRI go to the US if you have
insurance, there have been two cases in the past month of Americans assaulted
and having severe head trauma, and one made it to the states, the other
didn't...who knows what real extent of the damage is in the second one because
he is too critical to take a cruise over to Burboa's from ICU at this point...
 Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.