Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
burnrope
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw a guy that looked like Gary riding in a Uhaul truck with an elderly couple several weeks ago. They were westbound in Canyon Raymundo.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:14 PM

Ooooo, yer gonna catch hell ropeburns!

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:30 PM

Such a long time with no answers makes all of us antsy. Hopefully the santispac lead pans out!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by burnrope
I'm pretty sure I saw a guy that looked like Gary riding in a Uhaul truck with an elderly couple several weeks ago. They were westbound in Canyon Raymundo.

This is so old it won't even be offensive. Funny, tho. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 10:25 PM

The other day when I made this discovery, I thought my Spanish was good enough to convey that I would return today and like to see the registry book for that time period (they are small and appear to go only a few weeks before a new one is started). When I arrived and spoke with the woman (owner? operator?), and previously the two other gentlemen with her, all three indicated that they had seen Gary, the vehicle, the surfboard and the talkativeness the one night he stayed. Anyway, at 2pm today, when I arrived the registry book (includes license plates) was not there. It was in Mulege where they live.

It would be helpful if someone with fluent Spanish could speak with them and convey the desire to see the guest register.

Also, I (think) asked at the Loreto militay checkpoint if I could see older license plate log books after I gave the soldiers several flyers. The soldier writing things down indicated no, and another solder said I must "move on." Obviously, I didn't pursue he matter any further.

Another method ... I was in San Ignacio town square, saw a group of about 12 Gringos and went over, hand each a Spanish-version flyer, and asked them in their travels to either pass a flyer to someone or some locale and keep an eye out --- kind of multi-leve marketing.

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
The family's investigator received a phone call from the campground host at Playa Santispac Campground, see above photo) who believes Gary stayed at the campground and he will search the log book for confirmation, he also indicated Gary's vehicle was damaged. He will be in touch with our investigator Tuesday for additional information. Thank you for posting the flyers in these areas !!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 04:33 PM

this came from Kimberly:

Dearest Blanca,

How are you? Wanted to let you know, we have kindness being extended to us on behalf of the El Vigia newspaper, who will run our Missing person flyer on Nov. 14th !

Not sure if you know if this paper reaches you and south of you, but I will let you know as soon as I know, hopefully tonite. I'd like to update the nomads to look for that edition coming up.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 04:34 PM

Bryan - you would make a great reporter!

Come visit La Bocana

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2013 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
One would think that if Gary was at Santispac that he would have stopped into that one restaurant??

Not necessarily Abs, I've been to Santispac a few times and never felt the urge to go into the restaurant. Just saying.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2013 at 11:41 AM

bajadogs- you're probably right. I was just thinking that since Gary is a talker and the owner of that restaurant is many times sitting or standing outside Gary might have started a conversation.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 08:50 AM

If he was that friendly he might have befriended someone who then had designs on his truck and whatever money he had on his person.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 06:24 PM
Speculating without ANY Facts .....................

Perhaps Aliens were involved ?

As good a guess as any.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 06:48 PM

Perhaps he parked his car under a tree and the rain made such a racket he realized he made a mistake.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 06:54 PM
Maybe BUT .................

Car Roofs are a LOT thicker so that would be unlikely.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 09:33 AM

To all you blessed folks of bajanomads, the Baja 1000 teams, tourists, residents, kind and giving good-hearted folks, families of lost ones as well: It's time for thanks-giving --

Our Patton family wants to thank you all once again today for staying so vigilant with us, making all your above-and-beyond efforts of pure generosity to help us search for Gary with your time, drive-arounds, stopping, checking, talking, making copies to distribute, spending your hours, gas, and dollars, helping us search for Gary. We here in California are nothing without your generous time and efforts. God-willing, a favor of this magnitude will grace your lives in return someday. I've always felt so strongly that what goes around comes around -- good deeds come back to you someday, somehow, maybe in other ways, and ways we cannot see. We cannnot always realize the connection, know where or how it comes back, but we have to trust that it does, and favorably. I want you all to know how much you have helped us though each and every day these agonizing months now, helping us keep the faith, hoping that this 'come &go-around' might be an exception so that we may still find a happy resolve soon.

Still trying to get the word out and around, and anything you are seeing, please report back to our site here or email us directly. If a person should suggest Gary looks familiar, please reassure them there is no authorities after him for any wrong-doing, no warrants, no violence, etc., he's just traveling alone, and not communicated back to his sons, his granddaughters, sisters and brothers for far too long. This is simply family missing their loved family member, nothing else. You 'nomads' are our only best advocates and spokesmen, so til we have some kind of communication with Gary, please continue to talk him up with your friends and acquaintances, and look for him and his 4Runner. Our hopes are unwavering still, and through the holidays, we have to persist and be relentless until we hear from Gary and know he is well.

Best regards for happy times to all of you and your families heading into this holiday season......
Patton family
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:07 PM

Happy thanksgiving and hopefully Gary is ready to head home for apple pie!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:23 PM

We saw flyers posted in El Rosario and also saw one posted at the little store in Catavina, the store that is located at the north end of town on the east side just past the person selling gas from the barrel on the side of the road. We also stopped and talked to 2 guys in Catavina who we had been following for manyyyy miles who were on motorcycles and they had just spent time in BOLA, we asked them to keep a look out for Gary and his truck as they headed back to the border...and they said that they had been as they had seen some flyers posted in BOLA as well.

Yes, lets hope the Patton Family is all together for Thanksgiving!

Keep hope alive, stay strong, Patton Family!

SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:04 PM

We'd like to ask for feedback on BajaTimes -- have any of you seen our "Missing Gary Patton" flyer in the current editions, both English and spanish? Is this publication available to you where you are? We're asking because this is a paid advertisement being run in this publication, and we want to ensure the word is getting thru to folks before we continue it.

Also, any of you that live and/or will visit LaPaz, we'd like to ask for help down there, posting the flyers and letting authorities, restaurants etc., know we're looking for him. There's a remote chance, due to family friends from Baja, he could have decided to drive there to attend a family event, especially if he did travel to San Juanico.

Again, thanks to all of you that have given so much attention and assistance to our efforts.
Kimberly
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:52 PM
In Ensenada

At the L. A. Cetto Wine Cava, however these are available at various places in the Ensenada/Rosarito corridor area

English version

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
We'd like to ask for feedback on BajaTimes -- have any of you seen our "Missing Gary Patton" flyer in the current editions, both English and spanish? Is this publication available to you where you are? We're asking because this is a paid advertisement being run in this publication, and we want to ensure the word is getting thru to folks before we continue it.

Also, any of you that live and/or will visit LaPaz, we'd like to ask for help down there, posting the flyers and letting authorities, restaurants etc., know we're looking for him. There's a remote chance, due to family friends from Baja, he could have decided to drive there to attend a family event, especially if he did travel to San Juanico.

Again, thanks to all of you that have given so much attention and assistance to our efforts.
Kimberly

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 05:53 AM

Between Mulege and Constituction and LaPaz, I don't think I've ever seen a Baja Times and I am a newspaper, local magazine junkie and been here full time over 7 years.

What is it?
Who publishes it?
When is it published - monthly?
Where?
Where do they distribute it?
How do they distribute it?

Should have asked these questions, maybe.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
Between Mulege and Constituction and LaPaz, I don't think I've ever seen a Baja Times and I am a newspaper, local magazine junkie and been here full time over 7 years.

What is it?
Who publishes it?
When is it published - monthly?
Where?
Where do they distribute it?
How do they distribute it?

Should have asked these questions, maybe.

http://www.bajatimes.com/

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
 Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.