Pages:  1  ..  32    34    36  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
Canexican

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
The kind of shirts they are wearing are the kind that most preppy kids wear...popular brands...the thing that does have me wondering are the last names...as someone has already noticed, all three of them have the same last name as Ron's wife Cristina...Hmmmmmmmmm!

Small town phenomena. Many inhabitants are related.

It's very possible there is no relationship between them at all. The name Montes originates from Spain and is fairly common in Mexico and elsewhere. For example, there are several listed in our Telmex directory (not on the Baja). Cristina's apellido paterno is Montes. These thugs paternal surnames are Quintero and Aguirre, with Montes being their apellido materno.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Canexican]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
It's worth checking out the militarty hospital in your location ahead of time, if you are a vet...

Again, from Dra. J who used to work in the Hospital Militar: they will no longer admit non-Mexican Military patients. They may treat you, but you can't check in.
In fact, the local Military Hospital won't even allow civilian owned vehicles on base as they used to. They have to be parked outside on the street.

I doubt this is a local policy.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:40 AM

I hope that when Ron has recovered to the extent that he is close to release, that consideration be given to have an MRI completed in TJ. Just sayin.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:41 AM

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2011/06/15/200...

About the polo shirts those low-lifes were wearing....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I hope that when Ron has recovered to the extent that he is close to release, that consideration be given to have an MRI completed in TJ. Just sayin.

Well...he can get one here. Just not in a hospital.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:47 AM

Quote:

These guys are real smart, arn't they. Just like heavy drinkers who put HUSSONG'S bumper stickers on their cars.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Well...he can get one here. Just not in a hospital.

All the better, there should be no reason not to have one done.
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 08:55 AM

I think someone mentioned earlier that a CAT scan is best for head injuries. just sayin - either way, it would be nice to know if he has had ANYTHING other than just blood tests and the basics.

And how he is doing after his surgery yesterday.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Katiejay99]

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 09:22 AM

just curious...how much was the MRI in Ensenada....to get an idea in case they charged ron for some and for future reference also...as well as the address &/or hone # of the clinic you went to...thank you

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:

These guys are real smart, arn't they. Just like heavy drinkers who put HUSSONG'S bumper stickers on their cars.

while narco fashion does exist, the fashion choices of narcos are also choices of many others.
i am amused that nomads are fashionistas! so aware of the trends and whims of youth!
bigjohn
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 09:33 AM

The whole MRI business still smells a little fishy to me all the way up to Orange County..........
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
About those "narco" shirts. They probably stole 'em.

Coppel knockoffs or border counterfeits no doubt. I have a lot of these rugby team shirts and it ticks me off I can't wear them in Mexico any more for fear of being mistaken for a narco.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
robt65

Mood: Let me Check!

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:00 AM

Hello Again Dennis,

Latina, you are correct, the Mexican military hospitals are excellent both for emergency and after care.

Dennis, you said:" . . . . . . . "they will no longer admit non-Mexican Military patients. They may treat you, but you can't check in." . . . . . . . . "I doubt this is a local policy".

They not only will take vets from the USA but also civilians as well. . . . . . . . all depends upon the base commander. Here on the Mainland of Mexico there are many recent reports of ex pats getting medical attention and care from the military hospitals, in several different states. You are still required to pay for the services rendered; however there have been reports of a few folks paying nothing at all. It is my understanding it is entirely the call of the Base Commander, so that makes it a local policy. I suspect it also just maybe has to do with whether it is an Army, Marine, Navy or Air Force base.

I would also suspect that a personal visit to the military base hospital near you would also be a good idea, if for no other reason than to meet the Base Commander and thank them for their service. Diplomacy can go a long way, especially in Mexico, I would suspect including in Baja.

Remember . . . . . . . the only thing for sure in Mexico, is that nothing is for sure! (smiling)

Regards,
robt65

Quote:
Quote:
It's worth checking out the militarty hospital in your location ahead of time, if you are a vet...

Again, from Dra. J who used to work in the Hospital Militar: they will no longer admit non-Mexican Military patients. They may treat you, but you can't check in.
In fact, the local Military Hospital won't even allow civilian owned vehicles on base as they used to. They have to be parked outside on the street.

I doubt this is a local policy.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
It is too bad it is not possible at the ISSTE hospital or it would have been free!

ISSSTE....Social Security. :(:(:( More body-bags come out the back door of that place than at Walter Reed in the early seventies.

Know your medical provider.
chrisx
Banned

Mood: baj nomad is broken

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:07 AM

There is a Western Union at the Elektra store on Gastelum between AV Benito Juarez and Cuarta in zona central Ensenada.

It is between the Calimax and the Waldo.

If the family wants to accept money they could collect it there, only a few blocks from the hospital.

Giving your money directly to a family member would be the safest way to see it go to the intended purpose.

Note: There are organized thieves in Ensenada. Don't collect a big batch of money and walk down the street alone!

HEY GRINGO HIT THE BRAKES
SCAN THE ROAD AHEAD AT ALL TIMES
HIT THE BRAKES AND SLOW WAY DOWN
WAIT, PASS WHEN SAFE
HEY GRINGO HIT THE BRAKES!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
just curious...how much was the MRI in Ensenada....to get an idea in case they charged ron for some and for future reference also...as well as the address &/or hone # of the clinic you went to...thank you

We didn't go to a clinic. We went to Dan's Bro In Law's xray lab. Extremely successful, but without MRI capabilities as well.
The MRI Lab, Burboa Radiologists on Rayon, can answer your questions. I don't have their contact info.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by robt65
Dennis, you said:" . . . . . . . "they will no longer admit non-Mexican Military patients. They may treat you, but you can't check in." . . . . . . . . "I doubt this is a local policy".

They not only will take vets from the USA but also civilians as well. . . . . . . . all depends upon the base commander.

OK...fine. Go any place you want. I've about had it with this thread.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:26 AM

I just sent mine to Fernando Garcia Obeso to be picked up in Ensenada.

Edit to add: Western Union

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by ELINVESTIG8R]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
I just sent mine to Fernando Garcia Obeso to be picked up in Ensenada.

Edit to add: Western Union

When is Ferna going to Ensenada?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2011 at 10:32 AM

DK

I'm not sure. My best guess would be when he finds out who is sending him money so he can pick it up at one time. That's just a guess. Please U2U him for a concrete answer.

Edit: I think he would have preferred that I send it to Tijuana but Dummy me sent it to Ensenada.
D

Pages:  1  ..  32    34    36  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.