Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  33    35    37  ..  42
Author: Subject: What Is West Baja walk
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Totally cool. So stoked to see the whole trip report someday.............or video. What an amazing journey.

Just an observation, but I would have stopped posting here as well, being tired of all the negativity in this thread. Not speaking for them, but for me. That, and who the heck cares to post stuff when you are having the time of your life in Baja??!!!

Keep living guys. You have my support.

Thanks for the updates BajaGeoff.

Ateo, don't be so negative. On this forum it is much more fun to post someone else's photos and stories. not your own.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:24 PM

Thank you BajaGeoff for posting their story and photos... your (and other's) sharing is appreciated and adds so much more to just seeing typed words and complaints!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thank you BajaGeoff for posting their story and photos... your (and other's) sharing is appreciated and adds so much more to just seeing typed words and complaints!

Who's complaining? Do you think I was complaining about the dirty feet?
Ya know....this isn't a sacred quest these kids are on...it's a camping trip. Between you and Ateo, I don't know which is more confused about the importance of this journey, and perhaps both of you should be down here scattering rose petals in their path.....and washing those dirty feet.

Gawwwwdammmmm ridiculous. None of this sheit's gonna make the history books unless it goes into the predigested section.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 11:19 AM

wow Dennis sweetie, do you want me to come over and make you that smoked pork??? You woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
wow Dennis sweetie, do you want me to come over and make you that smoked pork??? You woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!!

Waking up at all is the gift, and I celebrate that by acting as though I'm alive.
When I quit responding to my visceral voice, that will be a problem.

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by DENNIS]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 11:31 AM

Don't worry Dennis, Marie Dunder gave me her curry recipe, and I will bring you some over as soon as I get all the spices I need..!!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Ya know....this isn't a sacred quest these kids are on...it's a camping trip......
Gawwwwdammmmm ridiculous. None of this sheit's gonna make the history books unless it goes into the predigested section.

:biggrin:
Dennis,
I share somewhat the same sentiments. While I am sure we both see the adventure challenge of these two guys doing what they are doing, we are not on bended knee in stupefied admiration.

Some people need heroes I suppose, and some folks live their adventures through others rather than stepping out and making their own.

May the two guys survive their adventure and then later step up to the plate/shrine they initially set up when bragging about their intentions before they started and were asking for other folks to contribute to their funds.

If they successfully manage those two tasks, they will have earned more of my respect.
:cool:

In the meantime, it doesn't mean that we are cruel and heartless crabby ol' farts because we haven't joined their glee club.

Don't believe everything you think....
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Don't worry Dennis, Marie Dunder gave me her curry recipe, and I will bring you some over as soon as I get all the spices I need..!!

I thought you were moving to Hawaii to work at some resort:?:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:04 PM

Boy how rumors abound!! Yes, Fulano posted that I am claiming to be an MD in Hawaii and run a holistic medical practice. Hahaha...I am NOT a Doctor in Hawaii, nor have I ever claimed to be. I put one or two entries on my website, janenecaracaus.com, about holistic herbs that the ancient Hawaiians used back in the day, and all of the sudden I am opening up a practice. I firmly believe in conventional medicine. But back to the boys....Yes, boys, I think you both are WONDERFUL. I would like to see any of these old geezers including myself, stand up on an SUP much less paddle miles. I am in awe of both of you, not only for your superior physical abilities, but to overcome the negative connotation and fear of being in Mexico, and prove to the world and others, that Mexico can be safe and a beautiful place to be. KUDOS to you both...and couch potatoes, and keyboard commandos, keep typing the negativity in the comfort of your own homes!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Boy how rumors abound!! Yes, Fulano posted that I am claiming to be an MD in Hawaii and run a holistic medical practice. Hahaha...I am NOT a Doctor in Hawaii, nor have I ever claimed to be. I put one or two entries on my website, janenecaracaus.com, about holistic herbs that the ancient Hawaiians used back in the day, and all of the sudden I am opening up a practice. I firmly believe in conventional medicine. But back to the boys....Yes, boys, I think you both are WONDERFUL. I would like to see any of these old geezers including myself, stand up on an SUP much less paddle miles. I am in awe of both of you, not only for your superior physical abilities, but to overcome the negative connotation and fear of being in Mexico, and prove to the world and others, that Mexico can be safe and a beautiful place to be. KUDOS to you both...and couch potatoes, and keyboard commandos, keep typing the negativity in the comfort of your own homes!!
Quote:
Quote:

I have no idea what you are referring to...a while back you chimed in that you were taking a job at a hotel resort as the resident doctor. I thought you said at the beginning of the year and thus figured you'd already be there....

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:16 PM

That was in Mexico, not in Hawaii. I do go to Hawaii occasionally for real estate matters, but not for anything to do with holistic medicine. I am in the midst of negotiations here for the resort, but things are not quite finalized. Back to the boys now, this is their thread...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have no idea what you are referring to...a while back you chimed in that you were taking a job at a hotel resort as the resident doctor. I thought you said at the beginning of the year and thus figured you'd already be there....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
but to overcome the negative connotation and fear of being in Mexico, and prove to the world and others, that Mexico can be safe and a beautiful place to be. KUDOS to you both

:lol: They aren't exactly paddling down Revo in TJ at midnight. They're in the middle of the ocean.
I guess they could be collected by one of those cartel submarines, but I doubt that's likely.
Paddle on, muchachos. The spirit of Hillary cheers you on.
So do I, by the way. :saint:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

puzzled.gif posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:31 PM
I'm a little confused

Are you talking about Hillary Clinton or Sir Edmund Hilary?
Quote:
Quote:
but to overcome the negative connotation and fear of being in Mexico, and prove to the world and others, that Mexico can be safe and a beautiful place to be. KUDOS to you both

:lol: They aren't exactly paddling down Revo in TJ at midnight. They're in the middle of the ocean.
I guess they could be collected by one of those cartel submarines, but I doubt that's likely.
Paddle on, muchachos. The spirit of Hillary cheers you on.
So do I, by the way. :saint:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:51 PM

Quote:

I'm a little confused.
Are you talking about Hillary Clinton or Sir Edmund Hilary

Repare the spelling errors in the names and you'll have answered your own question.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 12:53 PM

You two are golden, lmao.

Ken
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
That was in Mexico, not in Hawaii. I do go to Hawaii occasionally for real estate matters, but not for anything to do with holistic medicine. I am in the midst of negotiations here for the resort, but things are not quite finalized. Back to the boys now, this is their thread...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cool...now back to you and Dennis:spingrin:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 01:37 PM

Repare=Repair
Hillary Clinton=Hillary Clinton
Sir Edmund Hilary=Sir Edmund Hillary
Both Hillary's are spelled the same,
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 02:04 PM

Ladies and Gentleman,

All I'm saying is this is quite a trip. That's it.

Dennis: I'm not taking your dirty feet comments as negative. That was an obvious joke. I take what you said above as an insult and a complete misread of my position.

Moto: I don't need heroes. I've done enough in my life, if you were referring to me :)

All I'm saying is its an epic trip.

A thread about a cool friggen thing to do gets soiled up. Why am I even writing this?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 02:04 PM

Quote:

Ahhhhso...they are. I was confusing Ms. Clinton's name with "Hilarious."
Imagine that.
It might just be President Hilarious in a few years. [pardon me while I go sharpen my Hari Kari knife]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 02:15 PM

Dennis, you belong with Hillary...Mr. Hilarious
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhhhso...they are. I was confusing Ms. Clinton's name with "Hilarious."
Imagine that.
It might just be President Hilarious in a few years. [pardon me while I go sharpen my Hari Kari knife]
:lol:
 Pages:  1  ..  33    35    37  ..  42

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.