Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  33    35    37  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 06:26 AM
Help Gary: Green Angels? Playa Santispac?

Kim and I spoke at length yesterday about any updates and covered a number of topics and possibilities, providing her my belated verbal update.

(1) Gary did NOT show up at the wedding in San Pedro, S/o La Paz that he was invited to.

Just thinking out loud here.

(2) Green Angels would seem to be a viable option, just in case Gary had mechanical problems and sought their help. Like, AAA in the USA, if they were involved, they would have kept records. Also if he had significant driver side door damage and GA were somehow involved, perhaps they would note this. It seemed to us that if some Nomad that is fluent in Spanish could contact/call the GA "corporate office", explain (or fax) the situation, that perhaps headway could be made in checking records at "local offices." Yes, I know how it works in Baja. Not easy to do this. But perhaps a retired expat gringo near one of the major cities could volunteer to start the ball rolling --- if not already attempted, perhaps by contacting San Quentin tourism office director (speaks English) Tomas Guererro, 616.165.3645 --- to get a GA starting point.

(3) Kim confirmed that the only viable lead (hopefully true) was the supposed overnight camping Gary did at Playa Santispac / Bahia Concepcion, about one month after his disappearance. On my return North, I was not able to confirm paper records with the campground owners. Only current sign-in book is at the campground (contains licence plate, etc). The older books are kept at the owners' homes in Mulege. If a "local" Nomad could contact one of these three persons in fluent Spanish and request to accompany them to there home or offer a few pesos to retrieve the log and see it or some other method to look at the sign-in registry, it would offer positive confirmation that he was there and headed south. I hate that I could not complete this task 4 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I am K - Kim, and Elliott is my son, and we are Gary's immediate family -- SoCalPattons represent Gary's sister, brothers, nephews, cousins. May I just emplore your site folks, that all of Gary's family are trying desperately to reach Gary, to know he is okay, and doing so without a guide book. Learning we have no rights by law as to his whereabouts by the US government, no help from our cell phone provider (a dead end, please leave it, it's been exhausted), then limited in any hopes of reaching him otherwise, has been devastating for us WE've reached out to all our family, friends, and folks that know Gary referring them to your bajanomad site..so PLEASE consider your comments about our family when posting because we're trying not to drive folks away, but encourage input. There are many more viewers than contributors, and can we request some tolerance and empathy toward the family, since maybe, we're not following the textbook model of how a "missing person's family" is supposed to react, perform, and respond in this situation, nor on your forum here, but we're doing what we can with what we have and lack. Focusing on finding Gary is what we're hoping, praying for, with all your help and advice here.
We're doing our best, managing at our worst --
We're working on newspaper ads during the Baja 1000, and we've got a posting on Score 1000 now. We're also working to enlist desert angels, border angels, and green angels, -- nothing hurts to try. More of you that pass on the flyer, the urgency we're faced with, ANYTHING, word of mouth is our best, maybe our only weapon Please avoid judgements bout us and worst case scenarios, just help find Gary.

P.S.- If you know anyone in the La Chorera beach area, please forward them the flyer because that area, and again near Bahia de Los Angeles are perhaps the only places Gary may have been seen last ---and perhaps stranded; both these areas are legitimate places Gary could've gone.

Bless all of you for your kindest regards in our mission to find Gary,
Kimberly & Elliott Patton

[Edited on 2013-12-9 by bryanmckenzie]
bryanmckenzie
Senior Nomad

Mood: Hot & humid --- not hot & dry.

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 03:46 PM
Angeles Verde Website / Green Angels Website

Secretary of Tourism office for Green Angels ... http://www.sectur.gob.mx/es/sectur/sect_9453_angeles_verdes

Secretary of Tourism office for Baja California y Sur ... http://www.encuentra.gob.mx/APF?q=baja&client=sectur
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 12:02 PM

Thank you, Bryan, for this extensive recap of this sighting near Concepcion. We so appreciate all this effort you took upon yourself to help us. Both Dan & Bryan have done so much, it's just unfathomable that we still have no information.

The links to Green Angels are helpful but I can't seem to get thru to speak to anyone. I just want to confirm whether they've received our flyer about Gary, and of course, if they can confirm any information about any accident report or vehicle identification.

Can any of you Nomads help us reach out to the Green Angels ???
If any of you know anyone associated with this group, I'd like to ensure that they have seen our flyer and have no record of his vehicle. I was told by the Tourism board and the Embassy early on in this ordeal that they informed Emergency roadside services of our situation, but I'd like to reaffirm that since so much time has gone by since then.

Perhaps if someone contacts the 666 emergency roadside number, we could at least ask whoever answers if they've seen this flyer or if we could get an email address to send them the flyer. Maybe even get us a direct dial number, I'll call from here to try to talk to someone, or I'll pass along to a spanish speaking person at the turismo.

Again, the current Baja Times and Ecos (Spanish) have the flyer with the license plate number enlarged.
(All our contact numbers and email are on the flyer to reach us).

Every little bit helps … thanks to all! They say, where there's a will, there's a way …
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 01:21 PM

Just want you to know that on our drive down Sunday and Monday from Tecate to Mulege we watched and checked what we could, but saw nothing. I saw no posters either. Checked the register book at Mama Espinozas, very few sign ins since Bryan was there, but no Gary. I will keep watching. Keep up the faith!
renebruz

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 09:04 PM

I have to say, that I just spent 19 days in Baja, from Ensenada all the way down to Loreto ( twice to Loreto) even saw Shari in Bahia Asuncion, stopped in Santa Rosalia, Mulege, CoCo's corner, Ganzaga Bay ( not Bahia Los Angeles), San Ignacio, San Felipe, Colonet, Catavina, Punta Abrejos ( drove back road along power lines, up to Asuncion) even San Basilio backroads, and never saw a flyer, or any type of older gringo broke down... Any flyers that get posted prob get blown off fairly quickly, I went down Nov 15 and left Dec 3, I even drove down into El Coyote and Santispec and saw nothing.. message Mark at BuenaVentura his bar seams to have many people stop in https://www.facebook.com/PlayaBuenaventura I would also for sure try to get someone to post a flyer at Coco's corner as that place gets many people that take dirt roads versus many other places that people are more paved travelers... maybe Gary is the dirt road type like me and others... Keep looking don't give up !
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2013 at 08:13 PM

Thank you so much to you who are making these trips and reporting back. Can't tell you how much we hang on even the slightest words of anything happening so far away.

Any word on calling 666 down there to Green Angels anyone?

Best wishes for good holidays, and safe travels ....
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2013 at 08:46 PM

"Want to update our readers that although we had a report of Gary possibly being in San Quintin area around the 19th of November, it was a case of mistaken identity, it was Michael, Gary's oldest son, that had gone down that week for a few days, and he hooked up with Fernando from Jardinis. So the owner of Jardinis had the story wrong, it wasn't actually Gary, but Michael Patton, that Fernando met.
We sure appreciate though all you kind folks making efforts to help us try to find Gary. I'm sure that when we do find him, it will either be because of you all or the flyers you've all posted that'll lead us to him. Remember, even the smallest lead can be the one speck of information that leads us to him, so please don't hesitate to share. Again, we are mostly wanting to just hear Gary's voice on the phone, no one's going down there to drag him home. We just need to know he's okay and tell us how he's having the time of his life. I think this is important to tell business owners and restauranteurs, who may be suspicious of getting involved in cases like this.
So bless you all, and keep the faith…thank you for continually checking in."
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 08:53 AM

.....I can't imagine the torture you folks are going through.
---whatever- was the cause of Gary's disappearance is far less relevant at this point than getting some resolution!

...I hope you all have some contact with Gary during the holiday season,,,

,,,,,,,,,,all the best!.........m
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:43 AM

Very good post, micah. I couldn't have said it better. I think you are right on, resolution is the answer at this point.
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
.....I can't imagine the torture you folks are going through.
---whatever- was the cause of Gary's disappearance is far less relevant at this point than getting some resolution!

...I hope you all have some contact with Gary during the holiday season,,,

,,,,,,,,,,all the best!.........m
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2013 at 10:58 AM

...and a friendly 'beump' to Gary and the Pattons

...may -all- your best wishes come true!!! :bounce::bounce: :bounce: .:bounce:

[Edited on 12-21-2013 by micah202]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2013 at 09:38 PM

Hoping that Gary is wanting to go home for Christmas!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2013 at 03:41 PM

Hoping all you Nomads have wonderful, happy holidays. And, we'd like to do a special shout-out to Blanca, who has been such a dear, helping us establish communications, follow up on emails, directions, etc.,so much, much more. Thank you all, and may each of you be blessed in special ways for the kind wishes you've extended to us during these times.

Feliz Navidad!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-24-2013 at 04:06 PM

She really has, most people here just want to help, though it might come across otherwise. I am so sorry there has been nothing for your family to come to a conclusion or a resolution. Prayers for Gary that wherever he may be he is happy and in peace. May God Bless him.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2013 at 05:44 PM

To our fellow BajaNomadians:
We've had another sighting report in Rosarito Beach again, but it is from about a month ago. Resident from there says he saw a similar looking vehicle with a red surfboard hanging out the rear window, along side the road, up on a curb, and seeming somewhat nervous and agitated. When the resident returned back on the same road, the police and Red Cross were there, attending to the driver in his vehicle. He mostly only remembered from the surfboard, and seeing the current BajaTimes paper today.

So we are reaching out to our contacts in Rosarito Beach, hopefully we can confirm the license plate or Gary as the driver. If so, we would send some folks down there again, but of course, we want to ask for all your folks invaluable help in passing along our request to keep a hard lookout, and possibly talk around town to vendors, restauranteurs, gas stations, etc. to keep our strong lookout forces on-the-job, so to speak, for us right now.

We are going to work on getting a few more pictures out there as well, because he may have a beard and mustache now, longer hair, be more tan, etc. Send us your email address via messaging, and we'll cc you those pics.

Thank you all in advance for helping us keep the faith, and remaining vigilant…
Best Regards, and Happy Christmas & Happy New Year to you all!
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2013 at 07:16 PM

Can you check with the Red Cross?
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2013 at 08:43 PM

Yes, we have checked with the Red Cross for that area and they show no contacts matching the information for the Rosarito Beach sighting. We currently are trying to make contacts with resources in the Rosarito Beach for confirmation. We are very appreciative of any additional information anyone can supply.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2013 at 09:09 PM

Merry Christmas Kim and All the Pattons. So sad that Gary has not called home....Thanks for your kind words and I wish I could do more.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 12-27-2013 at 11:05 AM

We made the trip from Tijuana to Bahia De Los Angeles and did not see his vehicle or and posters at our stops. Sorry he has not contacted you as yet. Keep the Faith. Connie & Brett
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 01:57 PM

To all our baja nomad friends:
Have a safe and happy New Years! And, thank you once again for all you do and have done for our family.

We remain vigilant, so stay with us as we tread into the new year.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
To all our baja nomad friends:
Have a safe and happy New Years! And, thank you once again for all you do and have done for our family.

We remain vigilant, so stay with us as we tread into the new year.

no word on the latest Rosarito sighting?

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  ..  33    35    37  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.