BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  35    37    39  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 03:41 PM
Not If They Are Informed

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Yoo Hoo ! You All.

That's WHOSE, not Who's.

BTW, LATEST Pew Research Poll shows approval at 73 percent NATIONWIDE.

THAT'S a Lot of Haters. Are the Hispanics in favor "Self-Haters" ? How about the Blacks in favor ? Bunch of Haters, there ?

[Edited on 5-12-2010 by MrBillM]

Amazing that one can shop for data that will support their position on just about anything. Truth is that right or wrong, in an economic downturn, with high unemployment, the average yokel, when not making a fool out of themselves on Leno's Jaywalking segments, is merely frustrated by the idea that jobs and allegedly tax dollars are going to someone else.

Seriously, how can anyone trust those numbers, given deceptive polling practices, and again referring to Leno, the amazing ignorance of a vast amount of our population. If people don't care about educating themselves through legitimate sources, how valid is a knee jerk poll?

BTW, in the panoply of late night hosts, Leno obviously appeals to the beer v. the champagne crowd. I try to watch Letterman when I can.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 03:52 PM

Bajahowodd, The "average yokel"? Look in a mirror.:biggrin:
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 03:59 PM

Why is someone who supports the AZ immigration Bill labeled a racist or a latino hater. That is stereo-typing over half the hardworking, blue bloodied americans in this country. We have nothing against Latinos nor are we mexican haters. We are just normal people that take offense to people who circumvent our laws by entering our country illegally and we would like them to leave for various reasons, i.e. our scarce funding for social services, physical security, jobs, etc. We do not care if they are chinese, european, asian, etc. Just please leave our country and do not come back until you are invited back in. PERIOD

Dennis

[Edited on 5-12-2010 by Lobsterman]
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman
Why is someone who supports the AZ immigration Bill labeled a racist or a latino hater. That is stereo-typing over half the hardworking, blue bloodied americans in this country. We have nothing against Latinos nor are we mexican haters. We are just normal people that take offense to people who circumvent our laws by entering our country illegally and we would like them to leave for various reasons, i.e. our scarce funding for social services, physical security, jobs, etc. We do not care if they are chinese, european, asian, etc. Just please leave our country and do not come back until you are invited back in. PERIOD

Dennis

[Edited on 5-12-2010 by Lobsterman]

Then why on earth would you support a law that is based in racism. Reasonable suspicion- the true litmus test was that the color of the skin was my P.C.

Wake up! You say you love baja right you are here on this board so what do you say or you just here trying to stir the pot?

You know how the Mexican people feel about the fact that they are singled out for thier skin color in Arizona right?

How would you like it if you were singled out because of yours?

How can people be so ignorant?:fire:

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:20 PM
Doesn't Help

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Bajahowodd, The "average yokel"? Look in a mirror.:biggrin:

Because I'm a vampire!:lol::lol:

But, to get to Lobsterman's point, forget the racist allegations. Why many people are upset about this law strikes at the heart of our democracy. We have prided ourselves on our freedom and privacy. This law, however it may be enforced, case by case, officer by officer, flies in the face of how we have always viewed ourselves as a nation. Geez. Has anyone ever gone for a walk around the neighborhood, and not carried their wallet? It might just be me, but, the idea that I might be subject to questioning, and asked to provide ID just makes me nauseous. It's not the country in which I grew up. That's not a comment on the immigration problem. It's a comment on what this country has become; more so since 9/11, and the power grab of the Bush/ Devil administration.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:22 PM
Gun-Toter ?

Yeah, you Betcha !

NRA Life-Member for the last Twenty Years.

OddOne ? Leno v. Letterman ? Where did that come from ?

I couldn't/wouldn't comment on what either says. From the ads, they're both Dipchits. The big difference seems to be how many staff members they've sexually Harassed.

Going back to the original (Jack Parr), including Steve Allen, Johnny Carson, bonehead Cavett, C-S Conan and whoever else, IF you were to total the minutes I've watched them all, you might get to an hour and THEN it would be because they've been on someplace else that I've been.

Back in my younger days, I DID enjoy watching Joe Pyne now and then and TOM DUGGAN was my hero. Followed him from channel to channel in L.A. and watched every chance I got. God, Guns and Guts Conservative Mick. What a guy. To this day, everytime I hear "Peg of my Heart", I think about that show.

Back on point, Pew Research "has' been a poll that the Lefty Louts respected. Of course, they don't choose to respect or believe ANY poll that doesn't reflect their warped beliefs. We'll see what they believe in November.

Speaking of which, another incumbent Dem got picked off by those Reactionaries.

And, Corny, don't feel bad that you can't spell. That's the result of a Liberal education. It's not your fault. As long as you've got great self-esteem, you don't actually have to KNOW anything.

Lefties prove that everyday.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:29 PM

So you are saying that you dont like the fact that you would have to carry your ID around with you at all time. "Your papers please."
I see what a great free country huh. So would the color of one's shoes also come into play as far as who and who is and who is not singled out for thier ID?

And lets not leave out Jan Brewer, under her hairline I hear there is a 666 tatoo.
PS Poizner is a wasted vote you GOP diehards! Ha Ha Ha!!!

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
Sorry Sheri hate to burst your bubble but far more wants it, needs it and seeks it over any other Country just the facts nothing but the facts,LOL. Some may venture away for a while but all come home to USA sooner or later "Just The Way It Is." No other Country has as many people trying to immigrate in as the USA look at the facts nothing but the facts. Fixing it means keeping USA from going bankrupt and us paying for it taxed out of our homes. Let the USA just adopt the same immigration rules as Mexico across the board sound fair???? :saint::light::lol: Later-----------bajafun777
Somebody's welcome to take my place.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:30 PM

Mexicorn, Ignorant? :biggrin: Probably not.:D Just driving home your agenda. Lobsterman? Good luck! You're just being honest. And honesty will get you into a world of trouble.:D
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Mexicorn, Ignorant? :biggrin: Probably not.:D Just driving home your agenda. Lobsterman? Good luck! You're just being honest. And honesty will get you into a world of trouble.:D

Ignorance will do it even more quickly.:P
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Yeah, you Betcha !

NRA Life-Member for the last Twenty Years.

"And, Corny, don't feel bad that you can't spell. That's the result of a Liberal education. It's not your fault. As long as you've got great self-esteem, you don't actually have to KNOW anything."

Lefties prove that everyday.

Thanks Bill you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I cant belive I once crossed party lines and voted for W. Your right I'm an idiot!

Cant wait for my welfare check so I can spend it at the bar.
Thats Right I'm a Lefty-

Jack Parr- Your an old timer! You tote that gun around while down here in Old Mexico too?
Have you ever been to old Mexico or do you just stay there in Pheonix with your doors locked in fear of Mexicans?

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Yea, and what about the Scotch-Irish/German studies?

A visit to the local bar for lots of German beer followed by dozens of Irish whiskey shooters should do the trick.

And don't forget not to tip. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Dave, what's a tip?

Spoken like a true spud!;)

[Edited on 5-13-2010 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
bajaamy

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 04:56 PM

Well, I'll wade in with a few ideas that have helped me find direction in a very complicated issue. I work with immigrant farmworkers every day as an advocate and chaplain.

--Immigrant farmworkers are contributors to our economy and agricultural system. They pay taxes and pay into the social security system (although for obvious reasons the undocumented workers will not have that money returned to them). It is true that they use social services, but in our area, no one is getting rich on a migrant farmworker lifestyle. It is a lifestyle born out of desperation. It is a choice that many of us would make if faced with the same circumstances.

--Policies of wealthy nations like ours (including NAFTA) make it difficult if not impossible for farmers in rural areas in Mexico to stay on their land. The cost of planting is greater than the amount received in harvest. When forming an opinion about undocumented immigrants, it's important to also consider our nation's role in creating push factors that drive people north to survive.

--Mixing the role of local police and immigration creates danger (especially for women and children). No one will report domestic violence and abuse if they fear being detained and deported. I've personally observed many cases of undocumented mothers being separated from their U.S. citizen children. Do the needs of young citizens not count?

--Perhaps most important to me is the human concern. Take a moment and put yourself in the shoes of another. It's easy to comment on the issue from the perspective of relative wealth and security. The issue is very complicated and undocumented immigration is far from ideal for everyone. It is not "fair" for many reasons, but within the issue is a real human concern. For a long time I debated in my head about what was right legally. Finally I chose to help the person in front of me. I think we must debate policy, and fix policy, but in the meantime reach out to the human beings around us who haven't had even a fraction of the chances we've had.

My humble .02!
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:06 PM

bajaamy!! :bounce:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:09 PM

God bless you, Amy. Now, duck for cover!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:15 PM
Pheonix ?

Never lived there. Or, even Phoenix ! But, who's spelling ?

I did live for a short time in Mesa working for one of my (many) Mormon relatives. THAT ranked up there with one of my bigger mistakes because I KNEW down deep that it was a mistake before doing it.

I thought Mesa was a beautiful town (in the 60s), but it's probably gone to scheisse like the rest of the area by now. That's it. Less than a year. My total time living in Arizona.

Naw, I'm a third-generation Native Angeleno Californicator who moved from L.A. in 1969 because I thought it had become a sewer. Being a Racist Bastard, I ended up in Indio and CHOSE to rent a house with Hispanics on either side of me. For that matter, when we sold out in Watts after 1966, we bought another house a little to the West in South L.A. with a BLACK family next door.

Old enough to remember when it was COMMON for California to elect Repugs.

ALSO old enough to remember when you DID have to show your I.D. when the officers asked you. Or, maybe go to jail. I never had a problem with it and thought it was just another example of that Commie Bastard Warren Court when they ruled otherwise.

As far as Baja goes, been going there since childhood. Ate at the Blue Fox (and a lot of others). Thanks to Tijuana, San Luis and South L.A., I've shagged more Senoritas than any other variety. Blacks coming in second. By the time I graduated from High school, I'd only had one White (steady) girlfriend. Fished Ensenada in the 50s. First went to San Felipe in 1966. Resided south of there since 1982, spending more time South of the Border since retirement (2002) than North.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:16 PM
Fer Christ sakes...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
So you are saying that you dont like the fact that you would have to carry your ID around with you at all time.

Like it or not, who doesn't carry their ID? I'm asked for it nearly every time I make a credit purchase...And I appreciate being asked.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:26 PM
True Confessions, Eh?

"Being a Racist Bastard"

Before you glorify the LAPD, you'll have to become an apologist for Parker and Gates, iconic racists. Your post was almost heart-warming, but for the sincerity. You can blather all you want, and insult me anyway of which you are capable, but, at the end of the day, despite your attempt at self-deprecation, you just confessed.:(
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 05:42 PM

Bajahowodd, Only if you are unable to play the race card.:biggrin:
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 06:09 PM

I love this! LOL! What a forum!

Pages:  1  ..  35    37    39  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.