BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  36    38    40  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
I love this! LOL! What a forum!

This is the guy a couple of days ago wanted this thread closed.:?::?::?:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 07:23 PM

Amy

So how can we protect illegal immigrants? What would be a solution? It seems that being in a catch 22 is not a workable circumstance, even without the silly arizona circumstance, there are 800 sanctuary cities in the USA where illegal aliens can not be prosecuted for failing to have a license, registration, insurance, gun possession, etc... so they can't leave the sanctuary city or they feel at risk, so there they are stuck in the city with no way to be legal and no way out?

The current federal policy isn't working to protect woman and children and it can't without a consistent application of the rule of law which would require some application of the law which is equal for all?

So what do we do?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 07:42 PM
Survey/Poll results

http://people-press.org/report/613/arizona-immigration-law

bajaamy

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
there are 800 sanctuary cities in the USA where illegal aliens can not be prosecuted for failing to have a license, registration, insurance, gun possession, etc...

Hello there, gnu--

What the "sanctuary city" means is that municipal police do not ask about immigration status. It doesn't mean they don't arrest folks for other reasons.

For example, in our community, the police (usually) do not ask about immigration status. But if someone undocumented is arrested on charges and taken into custody, he will surely be deported, because immigration officials come daily to the jail and check everyone's status. So the agencies have different functions and those roles are kept separate.

Depending on the crime, the individual will either serve their time in a US jail and then be turned over to ICE for deportation, or just be sent directly to the detention center for deportation.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
... there are 800 sanctuary cities in the USA where illegal aliens can not be prosecuted for failing to have a license, registration, insurance, gun possession, etc...
I'm confused. Are you saying there are places where they do not have to abide by certain laws that U.S. citizens must follow? I can't have understood you correctly...

--Larry

A sanctuary city is a city in the USA that uses a don't ask don't tell policy with immigrants-it isn't a law-its just a policy that the forbids law enforcement from processing and deporting illegals which has had far reaching affects on crime, the policy forbids a city to ask for federal assistance to require illegal immigrants to be processed and deported when they are found in the process of a crime.

So, if an illegal immigrant has no license, or no registration or no insurance or worse, has an unregistered weapon, and has an accident or commits a crime, the city will not contact federal enforcement of ICE or another division which would cause the person to be prosecuted with federal funds and subsequently sent back to their home country. A number of diversionary programs are developed to allow the person to stay in the city and avoid federal prison.

The problem is that since funds are not available, the city courts have no resources or ability to process the criminal and judges have few options, so in most cases diversionary probation is given. Unfortunately this has resulted in large numbers of gang members such as MS-13 members to be set free to commit more crimes immediately following arrest and release and flourish in large cities.

Many well known cases of murder have occurred only hours or days after a gang member was released without being processed resulting in the backlash of the Arizona legislation.

In San Francisco immigrants vehicles can not be impounded for a period of time without giving the immigrant time to call friends etc...

Because of sanctuary city policies, citizens are treated far more harshly than illegal immigrants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

http://article.nationalreview.com/365092/defying-law/david-v...

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-07-16/opinion/17120431_1_san...

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

http://www.zimbio.com/Current+News+Events+by+Marc+Chamot+-NE...

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/mac_donald04-13-05.h...

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_13804980

http://www.bikerlawblog.com/index.php/biker-laws/2009/10/30/...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 08:46 PM
I Confess

That BajaOddBall is working his way up my list of Really Dip-Scheisse Liberals.

But. there's NO way to make number one (or even the top ten) as long as a number of others here and elsewhere are still alive.

Think positive, though. If enough of them die, The Oddity can stand out above those left.

The thing about the bonehead Libs is that they HAVE to resort to the idiotic Racist Label because they simply can't cope with any thought that differs from theirs (no matter how stupid) having any rational validity.

Credit where credit's due, though. I found one thing earlier in Mexicorn's Popping that I agree with.

That's Corndog's saying a vote for Steve (the) Pozer is wasted.

Although I doubt that either candidate can beat Polkadots and Moonbeam Brown in Commie California, polling indicates that Skanky Meg "could" possibly spend enough money to do it and she seems to be willing to become less than a Billionaire in the effort, so what the heck. Give her the chance. Dems seem enchanted with Fugly women in high office so they could vote for her on that alone. And, her extravagant pursuit of office is an economic benefit to a state in dire need.

After all, elections are often decided on trivial issues happening late in the campaign. Sam Yorty became L.A. Mayor because he promised to stop people having to separate their garbage. Gordo Gore closed the gap by Ten points in 2000 because of a teenage DWI. Stuff happens.

Who knows, somebody with a Cel Phone camera might catch Jerry Junior Boinging a Boy pal in the Bano (assume the Tilde) of an Oakland Gay Bar.

It "Could" happen.

[Edited on 5-13-2010 by MrBillM]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 08:55 PM

Amy

I have lots of mexican immigrant friends in San Francisco and though I am not one, I do feel for their plight. I have researched every avenue for legalization and I know its extremely difficult. Many of my friends who don't have visas can't come on vacation, they can't go back to Mexico, they don't even feel comfortable crossing to the next city to go to the beach.

I think you make a good point about the affects on woman and children who feel uncomfortable calling police in regard to abuses at home or at work, so I wonder why we would let this continue. It's wrong on all fronts. We must end illegal immigration which hurts everyone, both illegal immigrants and citizens.

Why do let the federal government create this circumstance?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 09:52 PM

"Sanctuary city" .... I'm so old I really didn't know about this.... I think we need a "sanctuary city" for old folks like me... this other crap is so over my head that I don't even want to really think about it...

Maybe "Sun City" in AZ is a "sanctuary city" of sorts... or is fast becoming one.. from the looks of what the elected officals are DOING in that State

One may not agree with what they are DOING... but, by God they are doing something and that something has not been talked about nor given the light of day for a very long time...

Saw the numbers... has anyone done a breakdown on the demographics of the percentage, or does someone have the information... is it straight "party" lines... or is it "straight race" as we hear?

Would appear from the numbers it is race, that is sad.... however, perhaps this is what is really needed... the United States has been on a Human Rights course since 1964, when things were change in many ways for many people... throw in the birth control pill, affirmative action, and the changes which have occurred have been nothing sort of amazing... looking at the news casters of 1964 and compared to what is up for news today (I turned off my TV) find getting news from other sources far more enjoyable...

But, the race issue being used in a case of folks coming across another nations border without dealing with the required "procedure" to gain citizenship in the traditional manner that most must undergo... is something if not dealt with only causes more and more problems.. many of which we are seeing now...

If everyone keeps going at this pace ..... Folks in the states will be making what the guys at the Pemex Stations make... $10 dollars a day....

It called breaking down conditions.. why does that happen.. those that are starving will work for nothing...

If you think not... just look around.... I have seen these people who lived 20-30 in a vacant houses, with no water, sewer, gas, electric ... cooking on fires ..... and working in Agriculture within in the United States.. that was many years back... but, I know it has not changed, see the stories on the meat packers.. Who you think goes out from a rendering plant, and tosses a chain around a dead cows leg to winch it up into the truck... a Mexican.. or a really poor white ... they are the poor and starving.. those are the ones who are exploited to the highest degree.... always have always will...

Sanctuary city.... A nice thought ... think I will go find one that will fit my needs... maybe .....

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
That BajaOddBall is working his way up my list of Really Dip-Scheisse Liberals.

But. there's NO way to make number one (or even the top ten) as long as a number of others here and elsewhere are still alive.

Think positive, though. If enough of them die, The Oddity can stand out above those left.

The thing about the bonehead Libs is that they HAVE to resort to the idiotic Racist Label because they simply can't cope with any thought that differs from theirs (no matter how stupid) having any rational validity.

Credit where credit's due, though. I found one thing earlier in Mexicorn's Popping that I agree with.

That's Corndog's saying a vote for Steve (the) Pozer is wasted.

Although I doubt that either candidate can beat Polkadots and Moonbeam Brown in Commie California, polling indicates that Skanky Meg "could" possibly spend enough money to do it and she seems to be willing to become less than a Billionaire in the effort, so what the heck. Give her the chance. Dems seem enchanted with Fugly women in high office so they could vote for her on that alone. And, her extravagant pursuit of office is an economic benefit to a state in dire need.

After all, elections are often decided on trivial issues happening late in the campaign. Sam Yorty became L.A. Mayor because he promised to stop people having to separate their garbage. Gordo Gore closed the gap by Ten points in 2000 because of a teenage DWI. Stuff happens.

Who knows, somebody with a Cel Phone camera might catch Jerry Junior Boinging a Boy pal in the Bano (assume the Tilde) of an Oakland Gay Bar.

It "Could" happen.

Bill you are not only a bigot! In your posts you beat up in anyone who's not exactly like you. A middle aged white male who feels that he has been passed by for promotions by better qualified people of color.
Dude it's not 1961 anymore, may I suggest an attempt at trying to comprehend "The NewYorker"
from time to to time in your illerate a-chasm?
Dude con todo respecto you area an old Petho Folically challanged white guy. Latino's will rule the vote en Novembre. You're a lost call, crying into the winds of the Pacific Ocean about how you were not given equality from the Brown Man.
Say hello to lil dog :lol::lol::P

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 12:51 AM

Illegal immigration, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LEGAL IMMIGRATION, along with quick replies of someone being racist or other name calling will not change the fact that the USA has to get this issue resolved. Hopefully, sometime within the next 20 years, only kidding Obama will take care of it next year after the elections. Shari, I did say everyone and probably should have been more specific like, "The USA is the Country that most all other Countries citizens want to get into." Now, Mexico being easy to get paperwork to work and live in, I do not think so. I spent quite a bit of money (had to hire a Mexican Attorney) helping my wife's cousin get her paperwork fixed even though she was a dual citizen of Mexico & USA. This was due to her mother being a Mexican citizen and her father being a USA citizen. Took money, a huge amount more than Mexico pays to get into USA and time well over 2 years. Even though she was actually entitled to citizenship in Mexico. She went to school there, lived there since her dad died while in Mexico, while she was only 2 years old and she still lives there. However she was having to work for even less money than those on $5 dollars a day. As soon as she got her paperwork fixed then she lost her job due to them not wanting to pay her even the $5 dollars a day. Every time I go further than Mexicali I get a visa, have my passport, and if in my car pay another fee for the vehicle just like I did for the tourist visa Mexico requires. I follow their laws and if I did not I would be arrested if caught. Further, I would get put in a crap hole of a jail that does not even come close to anything called a jail in the USA. No other Country is like the USA in helping other Countries but with the current economic issues of today, the USA cannot continue its load of these services to non-citizens or other Countries as the piggy bank is broke. In Mexico you have to have the Voter Card to get hospital care card, to work and to get their form of social sercurity monies. The voter card has your picture and finger print, so without this ID you become the walking invisiable ones. Yet this is one of the big issues with solving illegal immigration the use of an ID card with picture and finger print. Funny how so many illegals or those with resident cards scream this is wrong when their own country Mexico already does this. Even to vote in Mexico you must show it and again leave a finger print while voting. Our citizens already have to have a social security card so why not put the picture and finger print on it, I have no gripe with this. So, I do not know the real answer to this immigration issue or ID cards for just walking around in the USA. We have so many requirements now what is one more of having an ID to show as proof who you are and your legal right to be in the USA. I may not like it but times are a changing so get on the train or be standing out in nowhere. Now mind you, if we had no large scale illegal immigration we would not even be having this issue to worry about or as others do fight about. It will most definately cause more hard issues to occur because of illegal immigration and it is not a racist issue but a survival issue of our own USA economy. So, back to Shari to which I say point taken I should have not used the word everyone but should have used "most." However, please note that 12 million more illegal immigrants into the USA (since Regan's deal gone wrong with allowing about 8 million illegals then to be given ammesty) cannot be wrong. These events definately say "America is what everyone that is illegally entering wants, needs,seeks and returns to deportation after deportation."LOL It is what it is and none of us will have a voice in it changing. Unfortunately, wrongs and rights will not make anything different either, as we all have to rely on our elected officials doing the right thing. Elected officials doing the right thing, well damn we really are in trouble now it will never get fixed,LOL.:lol: Everyone, don't take yourselves so seriously as tomorrow it will be more of the same,LOL. It really is ok to "agree to agree we will have different opinions" which will not ever line up on the same side. That doesn't mean we have to get mad or try to force someone to do our same way of thinking, have you say then smile and go on. Hope all Nomads travel safe and families well. Shari, I may soon surprise you with a U2U to visit your place. I know you have a big heart for others,I love the pictures and short stories about your family just as most Nomads share similar life interests. Take care and hope to see many of you in my travels, as you just never know who will walk in with the "cold beer." " NO HURRY NO WORRY JUST FUN" bajafun777
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 06:04 AM

Mr. Bill M. - you crack me up. man!:D
ever notice how that new Supreme queen nominee looks just like Chasta ta...er, i mean Chaz Bono?!
why can't the dems get any good looking chicks with brains like the true American party can?? i mean....check out the Fox Chicks - all lookers! and the demo drabs they allow on to debate - can you say coyotes....??
i mean - Janet El Reno....Nappy Janet Napolitanitan.....and now Chaz!!??

dog city baby.. boww capital woww... arf...:yawn:

and bajafun777....need some paragraphs in your prose, bro...too hard to read with all those lines!:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
nominee looks just like Chasta ta...er, i mean Chaz Bono?!

Yeah. She's gonna change the Supreme Court attire to plaid flannel robes and steel toed boots.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:- Don't ask...Don't Tell- :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
why can't the dems get any good looking chicks with brains like the true American party can??

You mean like Harriet Meyers? :wow:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 08:05 AM

thanks Bajafun...look forward to knockin back some cervezas with you or perhaps we can not talk politics in your jacuzzi!!!:saint::lol::bounce:
I just cant let those little words go pal...it's important to realize that not ALL other races or nationalities want to be in the states. I know you believe that your country is the greatest in the world...that's fine...but try to understand that EVERYONE in the world doesnt view it that way.

I do disagree(with all due respect and in a civil manner) about how easy/hard it is for foreigners to work in mexico. It is quite simply a matter of filling out a form and paying a small price...even people with criminal records get to work and live here..which annoys me. Compared with the states, it is extremely easy to do....and if you are here illegally...ooops...just pay the man por favor...no problema.

[Edited on 5-13-2010 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Bill you are not only a bigot! In your posts you beat up in anyone who's not exactly like you. A middle aged white male who feels that he has been passed by for promotions by better qualified people of color.

hey corndog:
bill is old aged, not middle age. he is poison, and responding to him is pointless
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
why can't the dems get any good looking chicks with brains like the true American party can?? i mean....check out the Fox Chicks - all lookers! and the demo drabs they allow on to debate - can you say coyotes....??

capt cracker:
you are a fugly, overweight dude; you really are not one to open your pie hole and say anything about womens looks.

mr bile is pretty fugly too

[Edited on 5-13-2010 by mtgoat666]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 09:41 AM

the goat sez....

"you are a fugly, overweight dude; you really are not one to open your pie hole and say anything about womens looks."

oh yes i am...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
and i still say they're mudhens...
Harriet too - we have to have a little balance....just not too much.:yes:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 10:12 AM
Steel-Toed Boots

Are standard attire for this NeoN-zi Left Administration.

All the better for them to keep those boots on the neck of their enemies until they get compliance as Boobie Gibbs said in a recent briefing.

But, according to the Noxious Scheisse being gassed by the Mexican Corndog Wienie and his Intimate Odd Pal (along with the Goatscheisse), that's just the opinion of a Bilious, Overaged and Overweight White Guy living out retirement embittered from being passed over time and again by Aborigines and other Ethnics.

I don't "exactly" remember it that way, but they say that the first thing to go is your memory.

Seriously, though, we CAN trade personal Vitriol all day long. OK by me. It stimulates the Neurons, does no harm and costs nothing. Something I've been doing well for a lot of years and will, no doubt, continue until the pump stops and they shovel in the dirt. While it's difficult to be truly defamatory while remaining original and not too often repetitive, it's worth the effort. Remember, Bile is a useful substance necessary to good health.

We'll see who's (Mexicorn note usage) right about November. I'm Optimistic.

Check those Papers.

"Head em up and move em out".

A-M-F you ALL !

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Check those Papers.

"Head em up and move em out".

A-M-F you ALL !

How very eloquent BillM-

Shakira recently said:

"To the rest of the world, the United States represents the dream of a better life based on justice and freedom for everyone — no matter the color of your skin. This law goes against those values and against the principles of every American I know…This law not only hurts the whole state of Arizona but the fundamental core values of America, the fabric of society itself. The true victory of a democratic nation is when its people can walk the streets without fear… This law won’t bring safety or protect America; it will cause chaos. It won’t create unity; it will create division."

Something to think about fellow Nomads.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2010 at 01:03 PM
ALL law creates division

Quote:
This law won’t bring safety or protect America; it will cause chaos. It won’t create unity; it will create division."

If everyone were in agreement there would be no need.

Pages:  1  ..  36    38    40  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.