Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  36    38    40  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2014 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui

I'll ask again , has anyone spoken to the news media ? Seems like this is just the story that they would jump on .

They love to bash mexico about all of the bad things .

I don't see news as bashing if it's factual. We all deserve to know everything.
Unfortunately, with this issue, facts have been scarce.......not to mention old at this point.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2014 at 08:54 AM

My sincere apologies to Ray, (rayfornario) for not responding to his email he sent to me. At that time we did have family in Baja, and in my haste to pass on the information in a timely manner I neglected to respond to Ray. Without the eyes and ears of our Bajanomad Community, we would be lacking vital information in the search for Gary. Our family has always appreciated your efforts in keeping Gary in your vision. Thank you again Ray for taking the time to relay the possible sighting of Gary in Tijuana.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2014 at 12:45 PM

And ligui is correct, perhaps a TV spot on the Mexican news channels?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2014 at 06:09 PM

Updating all that the family had reached out to our Congressman (Dana Rohrbacher in our CA district) for their official involvement in whatever capacity they may provide: after contacting his office last October and December, and finally receiving a call-back in January, we submitted their authorization forms and a report of our activities to his office. His office personnel said they can write a letter to their official contacts in Baja asking what information they have or have not learned, what may have been done etc., to find Gary, then report back to us what they learn.

Because we have contacted the Embassy, the Tourism board in San Quintin, officials in Ensenada via our detective, the Red Cross, the Flying Samaritans, we're not expecting much information to be returned from this effort, and certainly will not be timely (they're mailing a letter to request information).

Someone out there knows something, and we need to make it comfortable for that person(s) to come forward. We are taking up the suggestions to pursue TV again. There were announcements made back in September/October from southern Baja that spanish TV ran our announcements, so we will try again to refresh that effort. And, the flyer is running in BajaTimes and the spanish affiliated papers.

You all here remain the greatest thing that helps us, truly. What we receive from you all here, talking it up, keeping Gary in mind, asking personnel at gas stations, pay-phone locations, food markets, liquor stores, restaurants and fish taco street vendors, and of course, where the whales are, and where the surfers go, and fisherman for hire, makes you all our best resource. We just need to be sensitive so we do not scare people off, explaining it is family looking for him not the authorities for any crime or illegalities.

Please continue to come forward with your ideas and checking in with us whether we have reported back on suggestions or sightings. We will answer any and all -- Thank you all !!!
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 2-6-2014 at 07:32 AM

I've sent an e-mail to CNN with this story asking for help for the family .

Lets see .
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 2-6-2014 at 10:06 PM

Too bad he didn't have his Grandpa's shotgun with him. Bill O'Reilly would be all over this story.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 01:48 PM

Ligui- I am curious about your email to CNN. I was just watching Fox news and there was a story about a retired hedge fund type exec that has only been missing for 2 weeks?? He evidently emailed his mom about 2 weeks ago saying the military was requiring him to leave the area etc. I didn't catch exactly what part of Mexico that he was in but wondering how his story got media coverage when only missing for two weeks??? Maybe if you contact Fox News vs CNN we can get Gary's disappearance covered. It might be excellent timing since they have another missing Mexico traveler as part of their current news. Let's hope!!
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 01:58 PM

The link to the fox news story is : www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/09/new-york-man-missing-in-mexico...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
It might be excellent timing since they have another missing Mexico traveler as part of their current news. Let's hope!!

Good idea. It may even prompt others with missing friends or relatives to come forward. [I would go all in saying there's many more than the current two.]

Then we can sit back and watch those with tourism interests throw in the "Mexico Bashing" cards.

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 07:00 PM

This guy isn't found yet, what are the percentages that he will be? There is a lot of desert in Baja
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 04:32 PM

Very helpful, thanks...

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 10:55 AM

We agree with Nomads' suggestions to get our missing person information to the television stations but our attempts for months now are going unanswered and frankly, been frustrating and time-consuming. Wondering if any of you could help us contact the local stations to ask if we could email them our flyer, the pictures we have from the bajanomad site here, OR by getting a television person's name, contact number, email of someone specific, and we'll work to see if they're willing to get our search televised.
I am only guessing as to the appropriate network(s) and whether those stations broadcast in the SanQuintin, Baja and surrounding areas. Anything any of you can offer or find out, please reply. We will pursue any and all leads to try to get on television and radio.
In the states here, most televised reporting for the missing is dedicated to children. The case of the recent missing person reported on CNN etc. we also heard about, who is a Hedge fund Executive with obvious financial and rich family connections. Unfortuately we cannot match that in Gary's case, since he is only a retired Vietnam veteran living on his pension.
So please any ideas, specifics, there must be some way we can get this done... thank you everyone, again --
"
Kimberly

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2014 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
since he is only a retired Vietnam veteran living on his pension.

Information, such as this, could have inspired some suggestions a long time ago.
Contact a "Vet Center" and try to get the assistance of a counselor or advocate. Perhaps Gary has been involved with one of the centers in the past. If so, that would be the best one to contact.
These centers are part of the VA system and when they talk, people listen.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 06:13 PM

very good suggestion by Dennis. I had no idea he was a vet either ....

Come visit La Bocana

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-22-2014 at 05:26 PM

Funny I read that Dennis and Muhammad Ali are around the same age. Makes you feel years younger when you are compared with "The Champ"!!
Quote:
very good suggestion by Dennis. I had no idea he was a vet either ....
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2014 at 04:40 PM

Want to reply to the post about the VA and our television efforts:
"
Guess it was not clear about the television effort we have done versus what we're trying to do. Early on in this nightmare, we were able to get coverage but, other than in Baja Sur, we were not sure anything was televised because no one ever commented on seeing the TV reports on Gary. We did hear from folks in the Cabo area that they saw Gary's televised report. So the problem is we can't confirm from here whether anything is being televised nor where it is being televised. So please don't assume we didn't do what we could to get TV coverage, but do assume that we have not been able to confirm any TV coverage, especially in Ensenada thru San Quintin local TV broadcasting areas.
Secondly, as a veteran, the VA was the first entity we went to for assistance and were sadly met with where most of our efforts have ended up: privacy laws. If anyone does not believe the rigidity of these regulations, call your own account-holders and ask. They'll tell you that they will not share your information with family,spouse or children unless you have a health &/or financial Power of Attorney. And we do not.
Lastly, we have new listings in the following online publications:

http://ensenadadigital.mx/2014/persona-desaparecida-gary-pat...

http://rosaritodigital.mx/2014/persona-desaparecida-gary-pat...

http://tecatedigital.com/2014/persona-desaparecida-gary-patt...

http://tijuanadigital.mx/2014/persona-desaparecida-gary-patt...

http://mexicalidigital.mx/2014/persona-desaparecida-gary-pat...

These are in addition to Baja Times and Ecos (spanish version) still running our flyer.

Thank you for remaining vigilant and hopeful with us ...

"
SoCalPattonCrew
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 10:45 PM

Our family received a call from the US Embassy asking for any updates or news about Gary, to which I replied, we've sadly have had no clearly informative reports that panned out to anything, either way, good or bad, regarding Gary even after a private investigator was employed. And, nothing even on his vehicle which I find strangest in that he always was meticulous about getting Mexican car insurance. The Dept employee said he called to inform me that he received a letter from our Congressman (Orange County-finally), four months after our first reach-out to him, with them asking the State Dept about what they had done regarding this case. So, at least we know our Congressman did reach out in an official capacity to 'check in' on what was going on, eventually, although the State Dept could only reply that they'd done everything they could as far as options at their disposal. I'm not sure what else will come from our Congressional Representative.. I share this more as informational for those of you that suggested our congressional representation could help us, well this is it.
He also wanted to assure me that when he recently traveled to Guerrero Negro, he noticed our flyers at the hotel Catavina and nearby gas station. To this, our family thanks all of you treasured Nomads once again for all your unrequited efforts in helping us find Gary, especially as time seems to continually wear down on our resources and ideas, as to what we can do next, what we might've missed in our search. If any of you travel to Hotel Jardinis or Ole Mill nearby, maybe ask again about Gary, because these are his last known locations, AND please be friendly and SAFE as there is absolute reason to fear making inquiries because if there has been wrong-doing, we absolutely do not want anyone endangering themselves just by asking questions. The staff at the hotel Jardines know the entire situation, but please be mindful if strangers are within ear-shot of your conversations, because you just do not know what has happened here and we plead that you be sensitive to danger in this and any similar situational inquiries. Gary is an innocent that is not the point, we just want you all to be safe yourselves because we do not know why Gary is missing and making inquiries if there was an endangerment, may endanger you. I hope I can assume you are aware of what I speak here about being discreet.

I've also made inquiries to the local airport in San Quintin airport should they be able to monitor with their special viewership. We continue to try to keep the flyer in the Baja Times but it has become costly so please keep issues you have with the ad for reference.

Bless you all for your continued vigilance ... I am thankful every day for your viewership.. may you all be blessed in yours... your frequent monitoring is so appreciated especially when we are so far away..... K
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 07:45 AM

Thanks for posting an update. Sad to hear there is no good news but your Congressman sure deserves a big thank you ... Good on him!

Come visit La Bocana

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 07:50 AM

Everyday we watch for a post with good news- I know it is hard but keep the faith ie miracles do happen!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks for posting an update. Sad to hear there is no good news but your Congressman sure deserves a big thank you ... Good on him!

:?::?::?::?: why would you thank the congressman? it took him 4 months to respond!
 Pages:  1  ..  36    38    40  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.