http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Is their know end to this.....? doesn't anyone have control ??: :P

the story is not done. what's going on now? when is the trial? did the grudge lead to shooting yet?

don't tell me to go back and read about it -- i need a recap and status report! elvis8, are you out there?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
My friend said the hotel was closed.
The restruant is open.
He said there was a complaint how the hotel was run.
The government shut it down.
Is it closed?
I am a little far away to see myself.
Doesn't someone know?
Is the hotel closed?

Hard to tell. No one ever really went there anyway, did they?

Damn it, I am going to be part of history on this post. :P

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

Who nos ??:biggrin::biggrin:

Who nose? :spingrin:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
or banned

Nope...Not banned.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 07:45 AM

I heard an interesting story related to this thread yesterday....Newmads (newbie nomads) Mark & lisa R are here...because of this thread. Lisa remembered a neat looking little hotel on the beach in Bahia Conception and was googling it and came upon this thread...and like many of us..became hooked...and decided NOT to make reservations at the hotel.

But, they are heading down that way today and have promised to provide an onsite report complete with photos...so stay tuned nosey nomads!

BTW...those of you who are gonna hook up with these two are in for a real treat...fun folks!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 10:24 AM
YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF....WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Well since this has returned I will provide some more poop.
Maybe these statements are all related to the "turtle bust".

About our day in court concerning turtle stew in our kitchen, and parts of turtle in the outside trash is still scheduled. We hope the charges will be dropped in the light of the evidence.
First, the witnesses/tourists have made written statements of the man and woman who entered the restaurant with the blue pot placing it in our kitchen.
Second, statements from the Mexican Marines who claim their "investigator" received prior to the raid free nights in the hotel Munoz occupies. These are the marines who wear black masks. My thanks to the honest Marines my congratulations to you.
Third, we await the answer why a order of inspection was issued in Mazatlan on the 8th of April specifically issued for this restaurant and how it made it here by the 11th with two inspectors direct from Mazatlan. According to top Sagarpa/Conapesca officials in La Paz, this just does not happen. Investigations orders are issued from La Paz.
Fourth, how is it that a anonymous phone call was made two hours before the raid on our restaurant. This phone call claimed there was turtle in a blue pot in the kitchen, turtle parts in our outside trash and drugs under our computer that is on the bar.

At the time no drugs were found under the computer. I would like to make this statement of what happened the other day.
We were cleaning around the bar and we found a black bag. Inside this bag were lots of little bags of drugs, made up evidently for sale or to made to look for sale. Many bags of cocaine and pot were found. We do not know if this was here when the anonymous report was made and the Marines ransacked, but we feel it was and with some miracle it was not found.

SOMEONE planted this chit in our restaurant trying to set us up for selling drugs.

Now you may ask...what have we done....how did we get here?.... Six and one half years ago we were forced to take Rafael Munoz Martinez and American homeowners at Buenaventura to Agrarian Court in La Paz. Munoz for two false titles and illegally possessing our hotel and the homeowners for breaking their contract with Olivia. These homeowners who had contracts with Olivia seemed to side with Rafael Munoz and give him power of attorney showing in person in court with Munoz.

Now after many years of court Olivia is going to win the battle over this dispute and after this apparent fact, we feel this has been the reason for planting of turtle stew in our restaurant, turtle parts in our trash, drugs in the bar at Buenaventura and the arresting of Olivia and our cook Bertha. We have to deal with people that are willing to do anything to win......ANYTHING!

We are not proud of this situation, but maybe it may help others some day in similar situations.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:21 AM

OLIGUACOMOLE, Thanks for the update and good luck with your trials and tribulations.:yes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....Newmads (newbie nomads)

I like that. Sure sounds better than NOOB.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 01:14 PM

Oliguacomoli,

Is the hotel and restaurant open for business? If so, it would be good for people who wish to stay there to know. It is a real shame this is cutting into your business. Regards to Olivia and best wishes in your trial. I'll stop in to see you next winter, when I arrive for the season.

OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 02:09 PM
Who Know's

Quote:
Originally posted by OLIGUACOMOLE
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Oliguacomoli,

Is the hotel and restaurant open for business? If so, it would be good for people who wish to stay there to know. It is a real shame this is cutting into your business. Regards to Olivia and best wishes in your trial. I'll stop in to see you next winter, when I arrive for the season.

Well our hours are most of the time open, and sometimes closed. If you could imagine these kind of things that have happened take the fun out of running a business. Wary of who people are, why they are here. We are open type of restaurant hosts hiding nothing.
We are going to close more of the time due to the situation.
Put yourself in a situation where someone would plant bags of drugs on your property to have you arrested.
We feel it is better to close unless we are on location.
What a way to run/have a business!!!! Viva Mexico!
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 03:27 PM

OLIGUACOMOLE are not you right next door in the restruant?
Is the hotel open or shut?
You know.
OLIGUACOMOLE
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 05:18 PM

Every other night there seems to be someone or a car or truck at the hotel. Almost always it is a one night stay with the customers leaving at the break of dawn.
The air conditioners needed to be replaced before Munoz showed seven years back. The hotel is made of local rock and this time of year it gets very hot, like a sauna. Also, people complain about no water or lack of water pressure. There is a huge amount of smoke that comes out of the generator for the hotel. It looks like a giant BBQ is happening at Buenaventura. I am more cautious with people from the hotel.
As far as I know the hotel is open.
LisaR.
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2009 at 10:37 PM

Hi!

As Shari mentioned, Mark and I stopped by Playa Buenaventura. We went into the restaurant and had a couple of GREAT hamburgers. The beach there is beautiful and the bar is really cool. We talked to Marco and he was very friendly and outgoing. We told him that we had read about the situation on BajaNomad, and he told us about the drugs they found under the computer. The next day we came back and rented a kayak from him.

We also went by the hotel. We were met by a very friendly woman who showed us a couple different rooms. They were nice. They looked clean and well kept. We told the woman that we were thinking of staying there another time (which is definitely true, if the whole mess gets cleared up). It is a shame that such a beautiful property is in such a contentious situation, because, honestly, that beach looks like paradise on Earth if the whole thing gets cleared up.

Sorry that I can´t add any new ¨juicy¨information to the story. Everyone we talked to seemed very nice, and it is just a gorgeous beach. We took some pictures and will post them when we get home in a week and set up on photobucket. We will also be posting a trip report!
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 04:08 PM

Sorry I was out of contact but looks like there were news from La Paz about the Turtle kooking by Olivia and her Narc beach boy Marck Jerome Burbey.
Today the officials told me that last week, they raided the Restaurant El Sargazo again and catched Olivia and Merk wit 3 Kg and that is more than 6 Lb of COCAINE, they were in jail for 36 hours, this time Mark and Olivia.
Well looks like the first guys were not making a mistake after all this is becoming an habit, and I mean for them staying in jail.
Of course they again say that I panted the stuf again.
Today Mark Burbey went to the hotel yelling and accusing my employees of planting 3 Kg. of Cocaine in their possession and telling them that his Padrino was very upset at us denouncing and making them lose merchandise, that now they have 3 teams of assassins looking for me in Tijuana and Buenaventura and that my family is in jeopardy also.
Well this guy see a lot of TV or what:O
I just don´t believe this obviously not too bright narc, but the habit of now a different branch of the military catching them with drugs is becoming an habit, but the estrange thing is that they are still free aand walking our beaches; this time they were cached by the Army they said to me.
O and Olivia, Oliguacamole or Vaquera as you are known, I do not need to move all the armed branches in Mexico to catch you, if they keep visiting your place they are going to keep finding illicit stuff, I see that your problem is that you are mad because police that supposedly are under your control keep visiting you and finding drugs, well that is not estrange since even your employees know how you operate and do business, I repeat, just get out of that business in time, you are too old for that, leave it to your beach boy, he is becoming a nice TV narc.
Oh and if I were you, I would change your teams of assassins, because it is real easy to find me, well at least buy them glasses or something.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 04:25 PM

O and for our guests, the Hotel Buenaventura is open and always will be and all oru Air conditioning units are only one year old and every room has one, but sorry, weather is really hot, but I think you know that about Baja. Everybody is welcome
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 04:57 PM

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

Who nos ??:biggrin::biggrin:

Who nose? :spingrin:

The nose noses :lol::lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OLIGUACOMOLE
Every other night there seems to be someone or a car or truck at the hotel. Almost always it is a one night stay with the customers leaving at the break of dawn.
The air conditioners needed to be replaced before Munoz showed seven years back. The hotel is made of local rock and this time of year it gets very hot, like a sauna. Also, people complain about no water or lack of water pressure. There is a huge amount of smoke that comes out of the generator for the hotel. It looks like a giant BBQ is happening at Buenaventura. I am more cautious with people from the hotel.
As far as I know the hotel is open.

I love a good BBQ :lol:

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 05:33 PM

Where's the self-destruct button when you need it?:?:

I think ramuma is really HAL

where's Dave....Dave? what are you doing, Dave?
 Pages:  1  ..  37    39    41  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.