Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11
Author: Subject: The Villages of Loreto Bay
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 11:42 AM

Grogan, et al. don't give a hoot about what happens after they make the sale. Their modus operandi is walk away from the development after it's passed off to others to finish. That's the way their "Trust for Sustainable Development" is organized as a development company. They're selling pipedreams.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2004 at 09:30 AM

I went to a LoretoBay presentation in San Diego last night. There were few hard facts beyond what hype there is on their website. The word "sustainability" is tossed around, but no real applicability to the project. Says 123 homes sold already, with 3,000-4,000 projected to be built on 3,000 acres. He hyped a future equestrian center, $1 million wine cellar; 10 tennis courts and 6 spas. They plan film festivals. The price tag on the Beach Club initiation fee was $20,000, but if you put up your $5,000 last night, the Beach Club initiation fee was reduced to $5,000. The annual maintenance fees alone would make ownership restrictive in my opinion: $1,800 HOA fees, and $2,400 utility fees; taxes at $1,500. That's a minimum of about $500/mo., not even considering the homeloan. The whole thing is getting more and more bizarre. He calls it an "authentic" Mexican town, and along with this, there is film depicting some mainland Mexican city. They have a very skewed view of what a town in Baja California should look like - called it "European". ???!!! Seems oxymarooonic to call it "authentic" and then not market it to Mexicans, design it by Canadians to look like something "European." The intro was a lot of hype about getting caught up in materialism and keeping things simple, enjoying nature, blah, blah, blah, and then turn around and offer $20,000 beach club memberships. What a load of @#$%^.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-26-2004 at 09:40 AM
very disgusting to hear.....

again the actions of a few give a bad name to us good developers.....

'course i suppose there are those out there that would say my projects are a sham too.

but seriously folks... i at first was open minded about this gig, now i am less sure.

glad i am trailer trash in mooooolehaaaaayyyyy!!!!!:bounce::cool::lol::spingrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 5-26-2004 at 09:46 AM

Wow...can't believe this thread is still going on. Was not able to spend as much time in Loreto as planned as we were caring for our new dog who found us in the desert near Todos(more about that on a different line)... We drove thru Nopolo and examined all the "little" plots of land that were cordonned off and labelled "sold" by Villages of Loreto. Definetely not for the person who is going to Baja to experience the traditions of the locals!! Nopolo had some lovely homes and well manicured streets, made me feel like I was back in some of the neighborhoods of home. Not what I want to experience when in Baja.
I agree with Pam. This project would be good for the economy and there are obviously people who want that type of existence in Baja...not for me. Give me a piece of land in Todos, high on a hill so I can see the mountains and valley. I want to hear the roosters in the middle of the night, the cayotees in the desert, the barking dogs, the music coming from the local neighbors homes....I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2004 at 07:03 PM
The latest

At the risk of getting flamed by the anti-development types, here's the latest on Loreto Bay. Apparently their June sales event did quite well.
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 7-12-2004 at 08:37 PM

but many will question if it is happening......no I...don't really desire it, but it will not stop. In fact, it will only pick up steam. Wait till our economy is fully back on track..

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2004 at 08:40 PM
Remember Punta Banda?

Childsplay!!:lol::lol::lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 06:10 AM
"Where's the Water?

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 03:11 PM
Water? We don't need no stinking water!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 03:22 PM
Are those the guys

that did the presentation in San Diego ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 07:35 AM
So you want to buy some Baja

I just came across this sit out of La Paz who have up for sale:
1. 1.5 kilometers of beachfront adjacent to the Mogote Penninsula for only $10,000,000 USD.
2. Cerralvo Island for $30,000,000 USD.
Baja is getting expencive,no
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 10:52 AM
JR, it's Jim Grogan's development/mgmt

group out of Scottsdale. you can get to it via the loreto bay web.

you should attend one of his seminars, you could have a field day!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 7-21-2004 at 09:47 PM
I have a bridge in Brooklyn too!

There is an old rule about investing in Mexico...its like going to Las Vegas. Don't take more money than you can afford to lose. Now I realize that to alot of you $150,000 may seem a real bargain, but its far to rich for my blood. How about some oceanfront property in Arizona? I will believe it when I see it. Yes, it would be good for Loreto (maybe). However, the new El Camino Hotel and the Whales Inn aren't exactly bringing alot of new money into town. Hell, it costs $30.00 round trip to go into Loreto from the El Camino. Also, Loreto Bay plans to put in their own shopping centers down in Nopolo---so why drive to Loreto. Just a bunch of Gringos wanting to live among more Gringos. Actually, they are mainly Cannucks. Oh well, to each his own.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-21-2004 at 10:43 PM
last laugh

what is wrong with living around a bunch of folks from Canada. while Americans b-tch about prices in the Baja,we are buying it all up.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 09:36 AM

Yes, you Canadian leeches are buying up "the Baja." (gag me) What's wrong? Let me count the ways:
1. You're destroying the ecology with your appetite for some semblance of Canada implanted in Baja California;
2. The fast and furious over-development is not a natural progression borne of need, but rather the result of a handful of people who want to line their pockets at the expense of destroying the land for all time;
3. The influx of more people - the emigrants seeking a job as a waiter, maid or handyman and the habitants of the new dwellings, will bring inherent pollution: effluent, refuse, noise and societal.
4. These developments are on the shores of the already taxed Sea of Cortez which struggles even now to remain healthy and sustain its populations of fish, bird, mammal species. Additional pollutants in the water, thousands more people extracting from the sea will take their toll, hastening the degradation of the Sea of Cortez;
5. Developments such as Nopolo, a fabrication atypical of what is found in Loreto, will isolate its inhabitants from an authentic Mexican town and its inhabitants, creating a cultural and economic division, i.e., all the ills of segregation;
6. The intrinsic value that nature in its pristine state provides to mankind - peace, regeneration, well being, joy - are lost with the introduction of anything that destroys that unspoiled state, and those places are becoming fewer and fewer - but many, many more generations need the promises that nature in its unspoiled state can provide.
You Canadians are akin to the marauders of Spain, raping the land for your own selfish, greedy desire, irrespective of any consequences. You should be ashamed of yourselves for your personal participatiion in the destruction of such a special place on earth. Open your eyes and see what you're really doing.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 11:28 AM
You forgot to mention the fact

that the majority of canadians that are doing the buying are the most self centered obnoxious pieces of dung that I run into down here.
They feel they are better than the Mexicans and gringos because of who knows what but the fact is, they are doing harm to the environment just by being themselves.
Perhaps a little bit of the Tripui incident needs to find it's way to Comitan, eh anonymous hoser?
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 11:34 AM

Now wait a minute! I thought gringos were any non-Mexican national. Now you're telling me I have to differentiate between caucasions of different nationalities?:lol:

[Edited on 7-22-2004 by FrankO]
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 12:34 PM
Gringos

The word Gringo comes from the Mexican American War. American soldiers wore green coats. When spotted, the mexican soldier would yell Green Coats---hence gringo. So that would pretty much eliminate the Cannucks from being Gringos. Do I detect a little hostility about the Canadians here? They are very easy to spot in Baja. They are the ones trying hard not to fit in. They drive the really big expensive motorhomes and could care less about the mexicans that live in Baja. I am sure there are a few exceptions and I know I will run into one, one of these days.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 12:50 PM
Yep

Those are the ones I seem to run into as well. Besides the ones that actually bought here. They have taken rudeness to a new level.
And they get ripped off regularly, treated as they deserve to be treated by the locals eh, and b-tch and complain aboot the Mexicans who respect almost everybody.:lol::lol::lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-22-2004 at 02:24 PM
Flags in the sand

I love it when you pull into a beach like Tecolote and the motorhomes are in a circle each one wearing a Canadian flag.they live for free for months and only go into town to buy ice or the use internet cafe,It's funny Mexico has some of the best beer anywhere and they bring a 3 months supply of Hamms.:fire:
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.