BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: New Fishing Service out of Puertecitos!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-10-2008 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I don't think the concept of sliding scale is understood by all...at least MY idea of what sliding scale is. For example, a good pal like bajaboy is here at his home..he's been a very good friend for years...now if Juan wants to go out fishing with him...well, bboy pays for the gas and maybe some beer and it's all cool. We have set prices but if we choose to give a discount or lower the price or trade services for lures or gear, well, gosh...I think it's OK to do that...I do not mean up the price for rich gringos!!!! I mean maybe help out the less fortunate catch a fish....or rent a room for cheaper in exchange for some weeding or a painting whatever...it works for us and I dont think it's offensive or detrimental to our business. We LOVE our clients(usually) and try to make eveyone happy one way or another. We also think outside the box and like to be creative in our business practises.

You guys are the best. Don't change a thing.
Anybody caught any yellows yet? Let's get the season rolling. :coolup:
Maybe I'll bring my new boat: http://www.rainforestboats.com.mx/sportfish2282.htm

Sliding scale:
$500/day for drunk "tourists" that pee all over the place.(limit 1)
$400/day if you plan to start drinking early (limit 3)
$300/ for the mildly obnoxious (limit 3)
$250/ for real fisherman (limit 2)
Jaun goes free! (He's driving and knows where the fish are plus $10-20 tip per angler)
I guess we are pushing pangas to 4 anglers now so the tip should be good.:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 03:36 AM

"FAITH, HOPE AND CHARITY!!

Will get you a LOng way in Baja or anywhere else !!
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2008 at 03:45 PM

Here are the pics of the new boat!

its better than I ever wanted!

[/QUOTE]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-29-2008 at 06:30 AM

nice one Dale!

what about the blonde deck hand? does she go too?

i am ready to pop over, say when.
i'll be in El Socorrito in a couple of weeks.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2008 at 08:04 PM

i read your post from the beginning and scrolled down to the end. your prices are too high and thats from many years comeing down. been fishing many years down there in that area and with the tortuava closeure its just not happening. have a place in bola and thou i have my own boat a super panga for a day is around 350 and load the boat up. its a little farther down but way better color water and better diveing. just my 2 cents.
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 7-30-2008 at 09:36 PM

I've read it all and ...good looking boat, good luck to you and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I would like to go fishing with you.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-31-2008 at 08:51 AM
Ahhhh, the good old daze !

I think that you are stuck in the past when gas was under $1.00 / gallon and Corona was less than $5.00/case.. I just got a quote for a new 4-stroke 250 hp .-- $28,000.00 installed.

The water and fishing around Puertecitos and south is great if you KNOW WHAT YOU"RE DOING!

Quote:
by 4baja
your prices are too high and thats from many years comeing down. been fishing many years down there in that area

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2008 at 06:33 PM

Great Boat! Good Luck>

Nothing Ventured is Nothing Gained!!

And here I set in Pauls Valley Oklahoma Noodling for Catfish>

Wish you guys could help me out. There are some 20 Lb"ers under the Banks.

Skeet/Loreto
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 08:20 AM

Well, we have our first charters for this weekend. So far the response has been great! I fully understand how some of you may think that $400 per day is too much for a real fishing charter service. I have sat and listened to many people talk about how they can get a panga in cabo for $250 so they assume that if the spot is more remote it must be more depressed, therefore less expensive.

There is another type of person that goes fishing with our service though. They are called Mexicans. They live in towns like TJ, and Mexicali. These are the professionals in the towns. Doctors, Lawyers, Insurance agents, Govt employees. They have long used our services, even when our charter for the 30 ft sportfisher was $600 per day with 6 people. Now at $400 per day with 4 people we are just as busy.

Alot of the calls we get are from people that have their own boats and just dont want to spend the money to tow them down and back. I have a friend that spends 350 just in fuel for his truck to get there plus then fuel for his boat, then he has to drive, launch, trailer, etc. After that he hopes to find the fish areas and I tell him where to go. last time down he hit a whale shark and did over 2k worth of damage to his prop shaft and strut.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a friend in town that runs a panga with a 1985 yamaha 60 two stroke. He has a 22ft regular panga with a VHF radio.......He charges $350 and has for the past two years.

I am also going to be renting out my Castle on the beach for $250 per night. I will post up some pics on another thread. This way if you want to come stay on the beach in a private place and have the boat pic you up in front the option is there.

Heading down this weekend and I will try and get some pics together.

Grouper time!!!

Bob, if you are down stop by and say hello.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2008 at 03:21 PM

nice one Dale. find us some Whale sharks ok - but don't hit them.

i say $100 a day per person for guided fun is a bargain.

i'll be flying down soon, keep you posted.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 10:47 AM
might just be there ---

waiting to hear from Chuck or if not, I will be there the following weekend--- what time are you launching ?
Quote:

Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gonetobaja
I have sat and listened to many people talk about how they can get a panga in cabo for $250 so they assume that if the spot is more remote it must be more depressed, therefore less expensive.

The $250 Cabo San Lucas pangas that I know of only fish from 7am to noon and generally don't ( or won't ) run very far to get on fish.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

question.gif posted on 8-6-2008 at 12:51 PM
Bob - how do you........???

Quote:
Originally posted by beercan
waiting to hear from Chuck or if not, I will be there the following weekend--- what time are you launching ?
Quote:

keep cool when you go to your place at Puertocitos this time of year?? curious is all.

say, did the 110v juice ever get switched on 24/7 at BOLA??
does Puertocitos have a town genset now? or each person has their own?

beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 01:19 PM
Mike ---have you heard of AC ???? Ha Ha !

I have 24 hour power at my house ---complete solar !
Town has generator at nights only and it will not run AC.

gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 08:23 PM

Bob,

I am heading out in the morning for a 5 day trip. We will be launching in the morning and hitting the islands each day from friday thru sunday. Dead tide this week, hopefully flat seas and big fish.

I have a feeling that there will be alot of fillets made this weekend!

Dale
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 08:25 PM

Mike,

I just dropped 300 bucks getting an A/C tech down to Puertecitos to get my A/C charged up! So much for the cost of things being cheaper in baja. 250 for the fix service and 50 bucks fuel charge for the drive.

I run a 8500 watt gen set for both of my A/C units.

Dale
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-6-2008 at 09:42 PM

Good thing there is A/C in Foenix, AZ for you Mike! Have you ever landed at PUERTECITOS? That runway is only half the size of Bahia Asuncion's! Of course it right there in the middle of the town!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2008 at 06:10 AM

yes, i have landed at Puertocitos, 1st time in 1982 when we did a 10 day circum airnavigation of the whole peninsula landing only on dirt and camping out of my Mooney each night.

as far as baja dirt goes Puertocitos actually is long and generally well maintained (thx to Beercan Bob). if you can't handle 2000 ft as sea level you should not be flying.

the shortest one i used to do regularly was La Purisima to drop off for the Las Barrancas Flying Sams clinic. that one is 1700' and you MUST turn left sharply at wheels up to climb in a canyon!

beercan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2008 at 09:44 AM
Actually, Mike it is a bear --I've landed on better roads.

It is soft and really sandy at the south 500 feet . .So you are down to about 1500 'of good usable strip.
Every year, I haul at least 2-4 wheelbarrows of fist sized rocks off the surface and that much more trash.

Quote:
By Mike
as far as baja dirt goes Puertocitos actually is long and generally well maintained (thx to Beercan Bob). if you can't handle 2000 ft as sea level you should not be flying.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2008 at 03:46 PM

well sorry to hear that Bob but i would have talked to you 1st anyway before i jaunted in. but i can go in light i guess. the thing is i wanted to be closer to Dale's place for a pick up. otherwise it has to be San Felipe and i REALLY don't want to ride in a cage from SF to Dale's castle over that POS road!:saint:

1500 ft....ummm.........lemme think about that one.
nobody else flying in that would want it graded every once in awhile? who's paying the license fee, or is it expired? it was in a lot better shape years ago.
did you ever meet C and V from Lake Havasu ? had a rock casa on the beach 3-5 miles north of town there where they leased the dirt, they flew a C 172 Hawk XP and one day he landed to the north taxied to parking and promptly put the nose wheel into a ditch stiking the prop under med to high power! my mech who did the prop R&R in the field at Puertocitos told me it was as if he was trying to hop a wheelie over the ditch. can you believe that sh%^& ??:?:
they sold their place. i don't know if they still fly baja, used to see them at Serenidad about once a year.

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.