BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 07:10 PM
I this - I that

It all gets very tiresome...

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I asked Doug for an address where members could send contributions, donations, tips for good service (whatever you want to call it)... and he gave me the link I posted above.

Frankly, if you think there is no cost or value to maintain this site, then why waste your time here? I find it the most valuable of all the Internet Baja web sites... because it is live interaction with people who have just returned from Baja or who are in Baja right now... and in far greater numbers in one or two days than the other Baja forums see all year!

Carlos Fiesta has a great Baja info web site and I have always maintained a link to it on VivaBaja.com... I wrote the brief Baja Missions page on his site many years ago. Carlos has also attended my Viva Baja events and only missed the last one because he was in the middle of a real estate deal that day... Carlos Fiesta's web site is http://BajaExpo.com However, Carlos' site is not a forum and is not constantly updated by viewers.

You guys can debate between yourselves all you want about why I am promoting Baja Nomad and not Doug, himself... I did explain why in the beginning...

You all know that I am the Nomad with the highest number of posts... for two reasons, I am the longest active registered Nomad online after Doug and I enjoy sharing my Baja trips and history with fellow Baja nuts... as well as enjoy interacting with you guys...

I support Doug the best I can as a friend and Nomad... There is nothing more to it than that. You either would like to give a tip to thank the web site or not, no big deal... either do it or don't, but would you please stop all the whining about not doing it. If you don't have anything nice to say then why spend so much energy finding fault with my suggestion?

PS Hook is right, my Baja trips are all low budget, simple tent camping trips with an occaisional luxury stay at Baja Cactus for $35 a night!!! You who think I have money to burn, don't look at my trip pages to see how I like the simple stuff. The biggest investment is the Tacoma payments because it is an oustanding, reliable Baja 4WD vehicle... I cannot even consider leasing a lot or investing in Baja, like so many of my friends at Camp Gecko or other places have tried to get me to do... My irrigation installations pay just enough for our Baja time outs!:yes:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Let it go David, this has gone on far too long. Some of us get it (I do) and some of us don't. You're a great guy and your heart is in the right place. We haven't met but I'm sure we will and I appreciate what you do and try to do on this board.

Don't beat your head against the wall to try to convince the nay-sayers, don't try to confuse them with the facts, their mind is made up......dt

Yup, some get it and some don't-----yup, some do and some don't-- that is for sure, some get and some don't get it, whatever it is.

Just lots of difference of "facts" also known as opinions. But I guess maybe some opinions are facts, and some are not----does get quite confusing.

Opinions become facts for some, and other opinions are facts for others.

But yes, some get it and some don't --depending on your opinion of what it is, or what the facts of it is.

Diane

[Edited on 9-27-2008 by jdtrotter]

it all comes down to what the definition of "is" is...

[Edited on 9-27-2008 by woody in ob]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 07:18 PM

Get what? I don't get it. What is it that I'm suppose to get.

Seems like the only thing to "get" is DavidK. As in "everybody get him".

It's fairly simple. If you feel like helping Doug (whether he asked or not) just mail him a little donation.
If you don't want to help that's okay too. No one will know or care.

Why all the anti-DavidK sentiment?

[Edited on 9-27-2008 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 07:27 PM

Eye don't know?;D

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 07:58 PM

this is kind of interesting from my perspective....because here many mexican would NEVER ask for donations or help of any kind.....BUT...sure appreciate the kind gesture of appreciation for a job well done. I dont find it odd at all that Doug hasnt' chimed in here as he probably is a nice humble man who wouldn't dream of asking for assistance.....like many here...they would never ask for a tip or help BUT could certainly use the help. Thanks for pointing this out David.

In the mexican culture it is really hard to figure out what to do as they wont' ever TELL you what they need or want...only living here for a long time helps undertstand this. So I GET IT.....probably Doug is too proud to ask for help and his amigo David loves him enough to put it out there to us what he might need.....

I agree with fishbuck....lets have a good time fundraising and talking about it amongst us who care and we will help out how we can in a baja spirited way....those of you who dont want to ......welll.....whatever ....ni modo
I do like it that it is a free site as lots of people join up....mostly good people ....if there was a fee...lots of these good folks might not tune in. We who have been here awhile know the value...and I'm sure are willing to help keep our nomad community alive.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Quote:
You all know that I am the Nomad with the highest number of posts... for two reasons, I am the longest active registered Nomad online after Doug and I enjoy sharing my Baja trips and history with fellow Baja nuts... as well as enjoy interacting with you guys...

David... why don't you have the above as your signature? Then you could stop continually reminding us of 'the facts'.

I believe that if Doug needs or would feel better about receiving donations to fund the forums, then he'll tell us.

All that's happening with your repeated attempt to convince me/us to behave according to your suggestions, is that you're really ticking me off. Please be quiet now. We all understand your position.

No response necessary... please and thank you.

Nena

Nena, I didn't see this earlier... maybe we both were posting at the same time... but this is my thread, I started it to help Doug with Nomad... I don't go into your threads and tell you to shut up. If you don't like what I have to say even if it is to help Nomad, then keep it to yourself. We conservatives believe in freedom of speech and not some 'fairness doctrine' to silence those you disagree with.

Baja is my passion, as is to keep Nomad alive and well... even if you and other DK haters would like to silence me because you think there is some invisible limit on how much someone can love or talk about Baja.

You also fail to recognize that there are new Nomads and lurkers all the time and when I repost an old photo or repeat an old story it is for THEM... Not for you old Nomads, not my ego, eiither.

Please show some respect as I have for you and your many great posts and photos on Nomad and the Baja Calendar (which Doug still has for sale to help this site)...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
this is kind of interesting from my perspective....because here many mexican would NEVER ask for donations or help of any kind.....BUT...sure appreciate the kind gesture of appreciation for a job well done. I dont find it odd at all that Doug hasnt' chimed in here as he probably is a nice humble man who wouldn't dream of asking for assistance.....like many here...they would never ask for a tip or help BUT could certainly use the help. Thanks for pointing this out David.

In the mexican culture it is really hard to figure out what to do as they wont' ever TELL you what they need or want...only living here for a long time helps undertstand this. So I GET IT.....probably Doug is too proud to ask for help and his amigo David loves him enough to put it out there to us what he might need.....

I agree with fishbuck....lets have a good time fundraising and talking about it amongst us who care and we will help out how we can in a baja spirited way....those of you who dont want to ......welll.....whatever ....ni modo
I do like it that it is a free site as lots of people join up....mostly good people ....if there was a fee...lots of these good folks might not tune in. We who have been here awhile know the value...and I'm sure are willing to help keep our nomad community alive.

Another well stated "get it" opinion.

Or is it fact? Nah, just another opinion.

Diane

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:10 PM

Quote:

BINGO!

Thanks Shari... as one who understands the Baja way, I appreciate you confirming what I thought was common knowledge to those on this forum who claim to all love Baja and its people!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:24 PM

Ooohhh!!! Now I "get it".:cool:

Hey David K can you post a few photos of some old pile of rocks that use to be something a long time ago but know nobody knows what it is and you are probably the only person on planet earth who knows where it is or has even seen in it the last 200 years. ("This use to be the outhouse for the Mission San Boring")

Those photos are just soo interesting.:lol:

Just kidding.:coolup:

Okay everybody pay up!!!!:yes:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:

BINGO!

Thanks Shari... as one who understands the Baja way, I appreciate you confirming what I thought was common knowledge to those on this forum who claim to all love Baja and its people!

More opinion---seems to be a real problem here. Some opinions think it is right and OK for you to speak for Doug, and other's have the opinion that Doug can speak for himself.

There are NO facts as to the financial need for this forum, do the "paid" advertisements pay enough or do they not. No facts, just opinions.

There is no "get it" here----it is opinion, a concept that seems to be quite lost on many. Do people who benefit from lots of FREE advertising need to kick in, or do all of us who use the forum need to kick in? Please, enlighten us as to the details and needs of this forum.

Your "common knowledge"is also based on YOUR opinion---yes, the opinion shared by some, but NOT ALL.

Just because someone agrees with you does not make it the TRUTH any more than because someone agrees with the other side, does it make it the TRUTH.

Diane

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Quote:

David... why don't you have the above as your signature? Then you could stop continually reminding us of 'the facts'.

I believe that if Doug needs or would feel better about receiving donations to fund the forums, then he'll tell us.

All that's happening with your repeated attempt to convince me/us to behave according to your suggestions, is that you're really ticking me off. Please be quiet now. We all understand your position.

No response necessary... please and thank you.

Nena

Nena, I didn't see this earlier... maybe we both were posting at the same time... but this is my thread, I started it to help Doug with Nomad... I don't go into your threads and tell you to shut up. If you don't like what I have to say even if it is to help Nomad, then keep it to yourself. We conservatives believe in freedom of speech and not some 'fairness doctrine' to silence those you disagree with.

Baja is my passion, as is to keep Nomad alive and well... even if you and other DK haters would like to silence me because you think there is some invisible limit on how much someone can love or talk about Baja.

You also fail to recognize that there are new Nomads and lurkers all the time and when I repost an old photo or repeat an old story it is for THEM... Not for you old Nomads, not my ego, eiither.

Please show some respect as I have for you and your many great posts and photos on Nomad and the Baja Calendar (which Doug still has for sale to help this site)...

Ah, here's the DavidK I've come to know through this forum.:rolleyes:

..."hater".... "shut up" ... your words, David, not mine.

You seem to have no idea that one or two posts count as suggestions, the rest are either badgering folks for money or defensive.

So long as we're having this discourse, I'd like a direct answer from you.... yes or no. Did Doug ask you and/or did he tell you he openly condones your requesting operational funds for this site? Like I said, yes or no.

I'm asking, because I wrote him and assured him that if he needs or wants funds that of course I'm happy to contribute. Just let me know. So far I've had no response. And generally Doug responds to my queries.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:51 PM

Quote:

.... but this is my thread, I started it to help Doug with Nomad... I don't go into your threads and tell you to shut up. If you don't like what I have to say even if it is to help Nomad, then keep it to yourself. We conservatives believe in freedom of speech and not some 'fairness doctrine' to silence those you disagree with.

I didn't realize that threads belonged to anyone so if anyone disagrees with the creator of the thread they should keep silent---now that is REAL freedom of speech. Are those the rules?

Gee, I think I remember someone reminding everyone that this is a public forum---guess that is only when it is convenient.

Does the creator only speak the truth and others only speak opinion?

As always, you sneak in your political bias--also very convenient.

Diane

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:54 PM

Este caballo está muerto! Por favor, no lo golpearon ya!

(This horse is dead! Please don't beat him anymore!!! )

Or does everyone on Nomad need to chime in on this with there "opinion"

Por favor, no mas!!!

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:56 PM
We conservatives?

Quote:

We conservatives believe in freedom of speech and not some 'fairness doctrine' to silence those you disagree with.

and the rest of us are what exactly? Liberals? Do you think there are only two types of folks out there?

How.......................... Fox news of you!:P

I think you bit off a lot asking for dough w/o qualifying it first.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:57 PM

Who cares!!! Just stop.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Who cares!!! Just stop.

Ah, just quit reading it..

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
.... does everyone on Nomad need to chime in on this with there "opinion"

Chime !!!

As I recently told Nena;
In an effort to remain calm, I have been practicing aroma therapy.
I don't think it works but it smells really good ! :biggrin: :cool:
Is your room spinning too ? :lol:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Who cares!!! Just stop.

Ah, just quit reading it..

I have. I'm not reading it now either.:lol:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:19 PM
I HOPE THAT JR PAYS A VISIT TONIGHT TO ONE OR MORE OF YOU IN HERE AND PULLS YOUR FEET FROM UNDER THE COVERS AND SCARES THE BEJESUS OUT OF YOU!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 09:23 PM

No manches!

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.