Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Fund for the family of Elsa Aguilar Gerardo "La Mijita"
susanna
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 12:11 PM

Antonio i had some problems sending my contribution thru p pal and need an acct #
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

puzzled.gif posted on 12-4-2008 at 12:47 PM

Susanna,
I have noticed that Antonio goes through periods of time without responding here on BajaNomad. He obviously has a lot on his plate.I have a U2U message in to him for a week now and he hasn't responded. He will get back here eventually, when he gets some time in his busy schedule.

Woody, Doug,
Would it be possible to extend the donation time limit until we hear from Antonio, and then let him decide the closing date?

Quote:
Originally posted by susanna
Antonio i had some problems sending my contribution thru p pal and need an acct #

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 01:46 PM

Quote:

Susana,
I had trouble at first because I entered info*at*bajacactus.com ----exactly like that.

After I smacked myself along side of the head and realized that *at* really meant @, I had no trouble.

Did you try that address?

Diane

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Susana,
I had trouble at first because I entered info*at*bajacactus.com ----exactly like that.
Diane

How embarrasing!

All nomadhood now knows! :lol::lol:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Susana,
Diane

How embarrasing!

All nomadhood now knows! :lol::lol:

Guess we will now need to change our truck, change our BA house, and all travel undercover now --- but if I just sent this information in a U2U and not on the open board, she could have blackmailed me. :yes::yes:

Did I tell you I also shoot lots of pictures with the lens cap on? :lol: :saint:

Back to keeping this on top and I hope Doug reads toneart's message and keeps this open a little longer, and I hope the fund is growing.

Diane

[Edited on 12-4-2008 by jdtrotter]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 03:04 PM

Antonio does indeed have a lot on his plate, so to speak. I think that the BajaNomad contributions will be very welcome but there needs to be an end date for this fund. I told Antonio I'd pick a date so he wouldn't be too put-out having to administer this fund along with everything else he has to do.

The closing day is tomorrow, although we never called a time so if you can send some $'s to La Mijita's family it would be best to do it ASAP. Everyone who has already contributed, THANK YOU!!!!

There is always the option of stopping for lunch or dinner when staying at Baja Cactus, or while passing through. This is one great family and I can only hope they are as strong as Elsa was and continue to grow their little business well into the future, with Elsa smiling down on them:saint:.....

susanna
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 05:34 PM

I would rather deposit at Wa Mu Bank if someone has the acct #.
I did have the same problem but i caught it but there was another problem
w p pal
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2008 at 05:35 PM

what problem are you having?

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 10:31 AM
Problem?? Que problemo??

Quote:
w p pal

My kids tell me that I am "computer retarded" but I managed to figure out Paypal all by myself, and safely and easily transmit some funds for this worthy situation.

Hope that many more are inspired to beat the deadline and make this a meaningful fund.

Just my hope for today...
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Quote:
w p pal

My kids tell me that I am "computer retarded" but I managed to figure out Paypal all by myself, and safely and easily transmit some funds for this worthy situation.

Hope that many more are inspired to beat the deadline and make this a meaningful fund.

Just my hope for today...

And you managed to do it without even embarassing yourself like I did. :lol::lol:

Many people need deadlines---so I hope they now go for it.

Diane

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 09:24 PM

bump...

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 11:11 AM
I hate to see this thread die!!

Hope that anyone not "in" can do so, and soon,

what a worthy gesture on our part!!!
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-10-2008 at 05:34 PM
Update...

Hi everyone...

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I was in El Rosario for a few days and kept track of time working hard down there.

We received donations at our PayPal account, the WaMu account and also a few were dropped at BajaCactus... I will consolidate all of them right now and will get back with the result.

Also let me tell you that, as some of you already know, PayPal charges around 2-3% per transaction when receiving payments through them... however in this case BajaCactus will absorb each and every commission, so Elsa's family receives in full what you all have donated with all your hearth.

About Elsa's family... as expected, they are all still devastated for the way the spark of her family was ripped from their lives... the food stand is still close and it seems they do not have the willing or strength to go on with that... "perhaps in another location sometime in the future"... that is what her family told us.

I will get back soon with the results.

Thank you all...!!!

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2008 at 05:48 PM

it is just soo sad what this great family is going through. hopefully, time can heal their hearts...

Thanks, Antonio

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-10-2008 at 05:49 PM

Thank you Antonio... that is really super of you and Baja Cactus Tourist Services!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

susanna
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2008 at 07:32 PM

Antonio i made my contribution Tuesday 12/09 at the Wa Mu branch in Sacramento. Thank You for all your time and hard work.Que Dios te Bendiga.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-11-2008 at 11:44 AM
Results...

Hi,

I would like to thank everyone for your gesture of generosity and humanity you all have showed... some of you never met Elsa, nevertheless and even though we are passing through and economic recession, came out and tried to help another human being... this act has thought me a lesson... no matter how lost or lonely we feel, as long as there are fine people like you all, we will never be alone.

It does not matter how much you donated, what matters is that you reached out and were willing to help... Thank you for helping me remember there is still hope for our world.

Regarding the sum you all raised... the total came out to be $940 Dollars... a the current exchange rate that is more than $12,500 pesos... this much will help a lot Elsa's family... and I believe right now is the perfect moment for them to receive it, since they have been without and income for a few weeks... today (Dec 11th) I will delivered this money to Elsa's family.

I have a detailed list of the donations, however I am doubtful to post it here... so, in order to make this as transparent as possible, if anyone who donated would like to see it, please e-mail me and I will be happy to send you a copy.

We will keep praying for Elsa's family... so they find the strength to heal their souls and survive this tragedy.

May God Bless you all!!!

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2008 at 11:49 AM

Thanks to you all!!!!

This place rocks....

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2008 at 01:11 PM

I just want to humbly say thank you to all of you who were able to help Elsa’s family and for those who offered prayers for her and her family. I also wanted to say a special thank you to Antonio and his family for all they did to get this off the ground. Everyone has gone "Above and beyond the call of duty" and made a difference in the lives of a family who lost so much. I truly am humbled. David

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2008 at 04:35 PM

I hope that when they catch those guys they'll practice some drive-by shooting on them.
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.