Author: Subject: 4TH ANNUAL PREZ DAY WEEKEND NOMAD RIDE
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Do you guys know what happen to steekers

He is doing fine... he called me last Sunday... He pops in here to read a bit. Has been busy with construction on his El Dorado home and flying is plane...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steekers, Dave Deal and I ... Three Baja Nuts!

IMG_1604-r.JPG - 26kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2009 at 11:45 PM

Thanks David I send him a u2u regarding the 09 Nomad ride and didn't get and answer. thanks I will try later..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
bajasol
Junior Nomad

Mood: Bajabulous

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 02:12 AM

The trip sounds like a great time. I just watched the Matomi Trail trip video from 2001. David K let me borrow it to take a peek, fun times. And shot very well too. I will try and trade my Volvo wagon for a friends truck for the weekend. As long that is okay for a newbie to join in on the trip...what kind of initiations go on? No extra liquids in my open Tecate por favor :P
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2009 at 11:53 PM

Bajasol, you are welcome,Newbies are ok to join in, the invitation was made to all nomads, so as soon as you get a screenname in bajaNomad, you are a Nomad, regarless of your number of post.If you can trade your Volvo, don't worry there is plenty of room in the other vehicles, one more question, are you a :coolup: or a :dudette: just curious.

Ps. Extra liquids in open mexican beer is have the fun, don't tell me that you haven't pour some clamato juice inside your Tecate can:no:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2009 at 10:28 AM

I enjoyed meeting bajasol at my home, last week! I loaned him my 'El Camote' produced video 'Matomi 2001'... Which is a great 18 minute film with music showing all the Amigos who made up the first Matomi group excursion SAT: http://vivabaja.com/shell and SUN. : http://vivabaja.com/matomi It would be great to get it on You Tube... So everyone can see what a great job Camote did and how much fun a bunch of Baja nuts can have when we get together.

On the Matomi 2001 weekend are myself and my 2 kids, El Camote, Mike Humfreville, jeans, Amo Pescar, Neal & Marian Johns, bajaboy, Mexray, Dave McFarland from Desert Explorers, Westy, elgatoloco, Wild Bill & LN.

Matomi 2004 was a great repeat of fun: http://vivabaja.com/204
Mike Humfreville came back with Mary Ann and Mexray brought Pat to join the new members of the run: Georock and family, Bob H & Audrey, Surfer Jim, DuTurtle, Tuna Eater and his dad Rudy, and more!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2009 at 09:52 PM

David it is the one that i watch with you in your house.
Thanks for clearing that up you know the boy and girl thing(BAJASOL'S GENDER), It's nice to converse to someone knowing their gender,for the longest time I thought BAJABOUND 2005 was a guy , what a suerprise turn out to be , she was a classy lady...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
David it is the one that i watch with you in your house.
Thanks for clearing that up you know the boy and girl thing(BAJASOL'S GENDER), It's nice to converse to someone knowing their gender,for the longest time I thought BAJABOUND 2005 was a guy , what a suerprise turn out to be , she was a classy lady...

It must have been... I don't remember what we watched when you were here.

El Camote made three videos (short films) in 2001 of us having fun:

1) Matomi 2001 18 min.
2) BBBB-1: Cielito Lindo & Las Pintas 19 min.
3) Lost Mission Hunt Preview 3 min.

Cyanide41
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 03:20 PM

I swear I made a post in here this morning. So anyways.... short version is.. I think I will make this "event". I am getting the truck ready to (try to)prevent any trail side mechanics
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 06:01 PM

Hey gang,

my wife Chris, her son Geoff and I just got back last night from our beach house below San Felipe. We drove a sampling of the road we'll be taking on Pres. Day Weekend. We drove over to the Rancho Percebu turnoff and we headed out to the desert at that point.

We were driving our Toyota 4x4 pickup and her son (age 12) was driving our Bronco ll

The 4 mile road out to the Old Puertocitis Highway was mostly small whoops but we were able to do just fine and that was with our two dogs in the bed of the Toyota. We turned right and drove for about a mile to the second set of power lines that head west. At that junction we turned left and basically followed the road that lies just north of the actual Huatamote Arroyo. As we drove the two to three miles along this road the arroyo appeared to fall away as the road we were on became elevated.

We did a nice hill climb at the end of this road by going into the arroyo and then back up. We then continued on with our trip by again heading west into the next arroyo north. More whoops were to follow but only for a mile then leading to a intersection. The road to the right will take you directly to the back of the airport property (as we used it for our exit of the desert) but we again headed west and marked the trail with a stack of rocks and a tire on edge. At that point it became a nice wide open wash where we able to pick up some speed. We traveled maybe another 3 miles and had lunch and checked out all the caves in the area, did a little hiking, and then headed back.

We saw a few cows but mostly horses, much to the delight of the dogs as they tried to herd them.

That's about it gang, from the time we left the pavement (which is only 6 miles north of my house in Playa Hermosa) we drove 16 miles west and it was just beautiful. The desert is in full bloom, and I imagine further west it's even more lush.

Time is winding down, make your plans now and bring a friend. My neighbor and friend BajaRob is getting some of the guys together from our area in the Santa Maria area but some of you that showed some interest earlier we need to hear from you again. Again, if anyone needs accomidations just contact me and we'll get you situated.

Chuck

Truck was home recently for shocks, mirrors, exhaust, speakers, oil change, and a bath.

[Edited on 1-21-2009 by BajaWarrior]

r.toyota.JPG - 40kB

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 06:11 PM

Schatzie and desert Horse

r.DogHorse.JPG - 38kB

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 06:16 PM

Geoff climbing in the Bronco ll. (steeper than it looks, really)

This is only a side dish, not part of the trail, but if anyone want to go for it, it is only 100' from the trail we are on (Gadget!)

r.BroncoHillClimb.JPG - 42kB

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 06:21 PM

This is the best turnoff for our Campo. By taking this road at this sign (which is exactly 6 miles south of Rancho Percebu) and driving 1 mile to the WATER (Gadget!) and then turning left for a distance of 4 houses will bring you to our home. More details to follow...

r.SignOnHighway.JPG - 40kB

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyanide41
I swear I made a post in here this morning. So anyways.... short version is.. I think I will make this "event". I am getting the truck ready to (try to)prevent any trail side mechanics

Your more than welcome to join us, welcome to the board!

Contact me for further details...

BW

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2009 at 10:01 PM

Can wait Chuck my truck is ready..
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2009 at 06:36 PM

23 DAYS LEFT..
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Geoff climbing in the Bronco ll. (steeper than it looks, really)

This is only a side dish, not part of the trail, but if anyone want to go for it, it is only 100' from the trail we are on (Gadget!)

Looks positively brutal!
Next year when we do #5 and I have GSB back together I will launch off this for all of you from the other direction and show you all how to do a 6000 lb. lawn dart. :o
Or not.
See you in a few

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2009 at 09:55 PM

Will I think i ratter climb it than jump it, i want to come back in one pice.:lol:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Bug
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life can not get better than this!

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 06:38 AM
4th Annual nomand

Has any one gone up or down Matomi canyon this year.. I went down it in October, and did rock climbing threw the narrow canyon part. It's change since the last few rains..
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bug
Has any one gone up or down Matomi canyon this year.. I went down it in October, and did rock climbing threw the narrow canyon part. It's change since the last few rains..

Do you have any photos?

Bug
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life can not get better than this!

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Bug

Do you have any photos?
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.