Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: teen shot by border patrol
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
with this video, the agents original testimony, i am pretty confident the law will do whats fair.

And I'm just as confident that even if the agent were justified in shooting he's gonna get thrown under the bus. By public opinion, the media, and the government.

Any bets?

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 02:47 PM

The use of "deadly force" with tragic results. :no:Was it necessary? My prediction? The border guard will be sacrificed for political purposes. :no:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
The use of "deadly force" with tragic results. :no:Was it necessary? My prediction? The border guard will be sacrificed for political purposes. :no:

------and law enforcement along the border, and probably elsewhere, takes a step back and the country will reap the results-----------that is not my idea of progress, but like ToneArt says, that is democracy in action.

Heaven help us. Glad I am not "out there" anymore, and probably some of you say "thank God". :lol:

Barry
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

------and law enforcement along the border, and probably elsewhere, takes a step back and the country will reap the results-----------that is not my idea of progress, but like ToneArt says, that is democracy in action.

Heaven help us. Glad I am not "out there" anymore, and probably some of you say "thank God". :lol:

Barry

Barry, I'm with you on this subject. I give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt. They put their lives on the line each day they go to work. Too many here are unrealistic about the dangers our men and ladies face.

I'll wait for the evidence to determine if the officer was at fault and not jump to any quick judgment calls like so many have already done.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 03:42 PM

Quote:

What really wasn't necessary are these burroes throwing rocks at LE officers-------that is really dumb! They are called "criminals", no matter what any of you say or think-----criminals will reap what they sow when they blatantly break the law------I guarantee it. And that applies to rogue LE officers, also.

I wonder what the "folks" would have said if the BP agent had just grabbed the down suspect by the hair and just split for the safety of the North dragging him along---------surely unnecessary roughness, or Police brutality--------he is in a no-win situation, no matter what he does------you don't just leave a captured suspect if you can help it----that is NOT doing your job.

We will see.

Barry
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
with this video, the agents original testimony, i am pretty confident the law will do whats fair.

And I'm just as confident that even if the agent were justified in shooting he's gonna get thrown under the bus. By public opinion, the media, and the government.

Any bets?

None here... Ditto's...

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 04:10 PM

Just predicting the outcome. Don't really know for certain the circumstances leading up to the shooting and neither does anyone else posting here.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 04:42 PM

Given the level of activity along the border, it's a wonder that something like this doesn't happen more frequently. However, I do think that our national mindset has developed to a point where such incidences are likely to occur more frequently. Let's maybe just take a step back and take a deep breath. That border has been there for hundreds of years and has been breached for hundreds of years. There has merely been an ebb and flow of attitudes. Right now, given the economic times, virtually any activity can be construed as incendiary.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:21 PM

Barry,
you still defending the border patrol murder of child?
defending the murderer makes you an accessory!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:22 PM

What a bunch of crap this is, from the outset. The area is a war zone...not a playground. These kids mothers should teach them not to play in the middle of the road.
There are children everywhere and some have guns.
Screw this over-reactive pistolero for his trigger happy response to a situation which he barged into and screw all you Mexicans who think you have a right to tempt these men as they do their job.
You are all wrong.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:28 PM

does BP mean border patrol or british petroleum?

who do you trust more? i think british petroleum hires smarter people, and border patrol has very low hiring standards
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Just predicting the outcome. Don't really know for certain the circumstances leading up to the shooting and neither does anyone else posting here.

just saw a video, which was from the BP..... and it does show what happened... some of kids were coming through a hole in the fence, the officer from BP grabs two of the boys.. one by the hair, the other is staying down on the ground as instructed... then the boy who is shot runs away to the officers right.. the officer pulls his weapon, and appears to be trying to get control of the situation, but, then points to his right and toward Mexico and fires a couple shots.. and then pauses, and then fires a few more.. the boy is then show laying by the bridge support, with an individual walking toward the river bank from the Mexican side... there are now other BP agents with a vehicle on site ... on the American side of the river..

I will let it grind through the process and let those who have the responsibility to make the call, do that....

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Quote:

just saw a video, which was from the BP.....

do you trust video by BP? i trust inependant video. BP, like any govt agencies, doctors facts, video, pictures, data, etc., to change reality.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:54 PM
Coincidence or Conspiracy ?

BP poisons Gulf of Mexico.

BP Agent Kills kid in Mexico.

Is there a pattern here ? An Israeli Plot hatched by International Bankers in concert with Halliburton and Blackwater after meeting with George Bush on his Texas Ranch ?

Kidding, of course. Maybe.

BTW, while Goats "may" prefer inependant Videos, I've always thought them contrived.

[Edited on 6-11-2010 by MrBillM]
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 05:57 PM

No matter what the outcome, the child is dead, the agent will be gone, and the tensions between both sides will remain high. Just think of what the reverse situation would be, most likely the same emotions ... It is still very sad for all involved.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:05 PM
On the Udder Hand .........

Just wondering, But ? ?

IF the Dead Kid WAS involved in Felonious activity then, before and (likely to be) in the future, isn't it better that he's been stopped BEFORE said activities resulted in actual Innocents being injured or killed ?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

do you trust video by BP? i trust inependant video. BP, like any govt agencies, doctors facts, video, pictures, data, etc., to change reality.

Fresh video is video. Do you think they ran it through Hollywood?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
BP poisons Gulf of Mexico.

BP Agent Kills kid in Mexico.

Is there a pattern here ? An Israeli Plot hatched by International Bankers in concert with Halliburton and Blackwater after meeting with George Bush on his Texas Ranch ?

Kidding, of course. Maybe.

BTW, while Goats "may" prefer inependant Videos, I've always thought them contrived.

[Edited on 6-11-2010 by MrBillM]

did you lern yur gud spelling in LA publiic schuuls? or did yu lern it at KKK summer camp?
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Just wondering, But ? ?

IF the Dead Kid WAS involved in Felonious activity then, before and (likely to be) in the future, isn't it better that he's been stopped BEFORE said activities resulted in actual Innocents being injured or killed ?

That is like saying IF you are drinking to much "should you be stopped before the liver damage starts

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Just wondering, But ? ?

Thats one of he most id***** things i have read here in aa very long time.

Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.