BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11
Author: Subject: ITZEL'S HEART OPERATION... WE DID IT... SUCCESS!!! *** UPDATE & PHOTO ***
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasadelCardon
We were delighted to see the response to the “cry for help” for Itzel. Andy is a “Newbie” to the Nomads forum but he is a long time traveler of the back roads of Baja and has over the decades contributed significantly to the well being of the peoples of the ranches and mountains. Commitment, Inc. was founded in 2005 to provide effective, time-sensitive medical care and support for persons who have no alternatives. He has independently assembled a binational group of medical experts and support that have provided care that goes far beyond that listed at the Commitment web site. All of the donations go to helping those in need. We have supported these efforts for almost 20 years and will continue.

These people need your help. They are the ones who helped pull your car out of the ditch, shared their lunch with you on the banks of the flooded vado, and were grateful for the small gifts you carried south. Please give as much as you can to help those with far fewer resources.

Chuck and Kathy Mitchell
Playa Santispac, Mulege BCS

When I sent daughter Kristin the link to Andy's site she replied with a request that instead of a Christmas gift to her this year I should send another contribution to Andy in her name. Makes me feel pretty good about the person she grew up to be.
Kurt
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
When I sent daughter Kristin the link to Andy's site she replied with a request that instead of a Christmas gift to her this year I should send another contribution to Andy in her name. Makes me feel pretty good about the person she grew up to be.
Kurt

I am close to being as proud of your daughter as you are. You both did good.
Thanks, Kurt.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 04:25 PM

With love and prayers,
Tommy & Lori Garcia
and
Team Cabo Magic

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Kurt

I am close to being as proud of your daughter as you are. You both did good.
Thanks, Kurt.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment. Kristin is an "Old Baja Hand." I first took her and her brother to Mulege in 1975 where the 3 of us lived off and on during their pre-school years and she has continued to visit as much as her adult working life has allowed. I hope others will be motivated by her generousity and donate to this good cause as well.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 05:00 PM
Just an Idea

I just put the link to Andy's Organization, some information about Itzel, and her picture on my facebook page.

Sorry, I did not ask permission to use the photo and I do not normally use the photos of others, but this time I did so. :)

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 08:25 PM

Antonio - I am working on getting her and her family accomodations in Vegas and will let you know tomorrow.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 09:17 PM
Amazing

From my chair at my computer somewhere NOB I can help.
A big shout-out to Doug Means and the rest of you generous Nomads for making this possible :saint:

Rick
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 09:29 PM

Done.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 09:44 PM

I'm in. Remember this is a six year old girl from Baja and she is about to be overwhelmed by Doctors and hospitals. She's gonna need a teddy bear, or maybe a hundred teddy bears to share with her friends.

David
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 10:22 PM
Acommodations...

Blanca... thank you very much... I will let Andy know... he is the one managing the logistics of the trip, along with the staff of the Hospital where Itzel is going to be operated.

Hugs,

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 08:18 AM

we just did paypal,, good luck little Itzel

Ken/Jane
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 10:53 AM

paypal done for the little beauty.

bajaCactus or a-commit, perhaps re-post the paypal/donation information periodically to keep it easy for new readers to find the links.

Thanks for all your help to those who need it.

bajanuts

Fairbanks47
Junior Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 11:09 AM

It is with great pleasure that my wife and I donate to this very worthy cause!:bounce:
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 12:33 PM

My best hopes go with our donation. So much need in the world it is hard to know where and when to give-- thanks for the help in my deciding this time.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 12:42 PM

Make this thread a 'sticky' for a while, until she returns back home. Like bajajudy's 'THE LIST'.

It would be great if that could also be done by way of 'Today's Posts' but don't think that's possible.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Just to bump this info along with the thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by a-commit
You can find Commitment, Inc. on the web at: www.makeacommitment.org (Best if you use Google and key in Commitment, Inc.)... here is the hyperlink for you: Commitment, Inc

Commitment started in 2005 and is a 501(C) 3 Non-Profit Organization recognized by the IRS. A letter from the IRS is on the site. We can provide tax deductible receipts.

The site shows a picture of Itzel and describes her condition. She is 5 years old and was badly misdiagnosed, given little medication, treatment or hope. In a word, malpractice.

Commitment has worked with Hospital Del Prado in Tijuana on 4 successful heart operations already. We are negotiating with them as well as a U.S. hospital to the get the best possible combination of treatment and price for Itzel.

The website also mentions a heart operation done recently for a guide from the Sierra de San Francisco named Santos. We are still doing follow up work with him and he will likely need to come back to Tijuana early next year for another checkup. The “Completed Projects” shows the 15 surgeries that Commitment has played a major part in.

Some individuals have asked about the Shriners Hospital in Los Angeles. The Shriners only do orthopedic work, which Itzel does not need. Commitment has done some projects with the Shriners already.

Commitment is hoping that you will want to help Itzel with her operation. You can remit funds via paypal or by check:

If by Paypal you may use this link: Commitment at PayPal, or you can also use our PayPal e-mail address: commitment@nethere.com

By Check, made payable and sent to:

Commitment, Inc.
PO Box 178309
San Diego, CA 92177

We thank you for your consideration. Together we can make a difference!!!

Andy Schouten
fishingmako
Nomad

Mood: always up

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 02:39 PM

You Know it is so easy to say, Pay Pal is too hard or I will catch someone next time around, and just drop the ball and go on with Life.

So I decided I would take the time and find out how to make a donation, so I did and I feel so good, This is the Holidays and Christmas what a Christmas Present for this little one to be able to have her LIFE.

I made a Donation on behalf of this little Angel.

I Pray that the ministering Angels will be there with and for you.

God Bless
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:05 PM
Good idea...

BajaNuts... that is a good idea... thank you. Here is the link again:

Commitment has made arrangements to have Itzel's Heart operation in Las Vegas on November 16th, 2010... she needs our help!!!... If you wish to make a donation to help Itzel via PayPal right now, you may click the following link: Commitment at PayPal.

Thank you.

[Edited on 11-7-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:43 PM

and also- thank you, DENNIS, for keeping the critical info at hand. Despite what you may project, you really are an angel! XOXO to you-

Mike99km
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 11:46 PM

If you pay attention you know that DENNIS is a good person deep down, very deep down, very,very deep down. You might half to go real deep and move some stuff but you'll find him. I don't thinks he bites to hard:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You live the life you settle for.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W. C. Fields.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.