Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: The ocean is broken.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 06:25 PM

Can you imagine the response to Skeet's spelling in his profeshunal reports?

Maybe he is at that point in his life when he wants his accomplishments to be recognized and appreciated....and he is his best cheerleader :saint:

Kinda feel sorry for him, kinda respect his efforts (whether or not they were quite as grand as he perceives them to be).

Kinda like the burro that knows his way into town and back....but can two-step when the tune appeals to him.

Too easy a target at times, unfortunately.

Don't believe everything you think....
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 07:21 PM

Skeet's history of accomplishments and great life decisions (living in Baja, etc.) speaks volumes to me--------the rest of this chatter is just noise, to me.

Barry
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

We know more about Mars and the moon then the ocean.

That's not true.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2013 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

We know more about Mars and the moon then the ocean.

That's not true.

No, David read about it on a Facebook forward so it must be true:?:

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Ged, according to Pew, 50% of Americans believe that Jesus is going to kill everyone and take them to everlasting life in the sky DURING their normal life time. Why on earth should they put ANY effort into providing for the future. Would you; if you were so delusional? Wouldn't it be easy if you just KNEW you were right and you didn't have to study the data and deal with the consequences? When they couple this sense of superiority with a moral code which places little value on accountability (Jesus died for your sins) and a nine word explanation of reality, I find it hard to communicate with them.

A true Vonaguttian "chitstorm" is brewing in the sea and in the sky made of both natural and human causes, denial, I judge, won't make the outcome any more positive.:no:

Brilliant!!!
bajaemma

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 07:22 AM

wow this thread is why 3/4 of people registered on Nomads don't post
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater
There is no doubt that we can cause change, both good and bad, to our immediate circumstances but it's really a matter of ego that we think we can save or kill the planet. This planet is much more powerful and it's just a miniscule piece of the overall universe. Face up to the fact that we just ain't as tough and influential as we think we are. If the human species ever does develop into a threat, I'm betting that Earth can purge itself of our pitiful threats. It might take a millenium and we wouldn't recognize the results but I'm still placing my bets on the planet. We are not much more than shadows in the wind.........

Well said, and my sentiments exactly.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
There is no doubt that we can cause change, both good and bad, to our immediate circumstances but it's really a matter of ego that we think we can save or kill the planet. This planet is much more powerful and it's just a miniscule piece of the overall universe. Face up to the fact that we just ain't as tough and influential as we think we are. If the human species ever does develop into a threat, I'm betting that Earth can purge itself of our pitiful threats. It might take a millenium and we wouldn't recognize the results but I'm still placing my bets on the planet. We are not much more than shadows in the wind.........

What they said.:yes:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by watizname
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

What they said.:yes:
If we don't kill the planet, it won't be from lack of effort.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:09 AM

"The Ocean is not Broken"!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fish Fish,,,Fish!!!!!!

Donot try to Control what your Grandkids Kid are going to do!! Teach them to look at all sides and make their Minds up as to their Beliefs

These Liberal Louts are so Weak-Minded that they want to control the Future.

Go to Baja Sur and Fish like crazy, enjoy Life!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

"Fish Fish,,,Fish!!!!!!

Donot try to Control what your Grandkids Kid are going to do!! Teach them to look at all sides and make their Minds up as to their Beliefs

When did conservation and the protection of resources become a polarizing issue? We should all want to take care of the planet, and make sure our activities are sustainable, no matter what our political persuasions.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:19 AM

Quote:

So, Skeet.....what do you do with YOUR grandchildren? Give them encouragement to make up their own minds.....or follow your dogma?

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:34 AM

Mogoget:

I taught my Children to Investigate any of their problems then make up their own Minds about that problem,
I donot have any worries about the Future nor do I worry about the Past. I beleive in Now!!

I have never wanted to Control peoples Beliefs. I think that the Individual is much more important than the Group.

As a very Young Kid in Texas my Father told me" Go Hook-up old pete and Jake{The Mules} and plow the lower 20 Acres.

I started to do and made a Mistake and slapped old Jake on the Blindside. He drug me across that Field of Goathead. My Mistake.

I never hit old Jake again while Hooking them up.!!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:38 AM

The big Problems of today are only Addressed by the Liberal Louts as they do not have the Ability to Solve those Problems they encounter.

One of the Dumbest things going today is the Louts trying to blame Slavery on Todays People.

Why do they not offer a Solution to those Problems instead of calling everybody a Racist????
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Mogoget:

I taught my Children ....

Motoget....I like it ! More To Get? Something to look forward to! ;D

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
The big Problems of today are only Addressed by the Liberal Louts as they do not have the Ability to Solve those Problems they encounter.

One of the Dumbest things going today is the Louts trying to blame Slavery on Todays People.

Why do they not offer a Solution to those Problems instead of calling everybody a Racist????

I guess you first have to be able to see or be aware that there is a problem. Sadly, most people formulate their opinions and beliefs from the corporate controlled and owned media. Lucky for them there seems to be an endless supply of cheerleaders to tout any idea that our current path may need some course correction. :cool:
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
We all do, but some think Man is greater than Nature and use that belief to fool the masses and line their pockets or gain control over others. Al Gore comes to mind... and scientists who want government funding to stay employed.

It's troubling that so many people buy into the notion that climate change and the importance of protecting the environment are some sort of conspiracy concocted by evil leftist scientists at the behest of Al Gore. It's a deception generated and perpetuated by the oil and energy industries and their media fronts. Why?...because minimizing pollution and focusing on a healthy environment would take a bite out of their profits. And we all know there is nothing more important than unfettered profit. Man absolutely can...and has...impacted the environment for the worse. There are countless examples all over the globe. To argue otherwise is madness.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:

"Fish Fish,,,Fish!!!!!!

When did conservation and the protection of resources become a polarizing issue? We should all want to take care of the planet, and make sure our activities are sustainable, no matter what our political persuasions.

We all do, but some think Man is greater than Nature and use that belief to fool the masses and line their pockets or gain control over others. Al Gore comes to mind... and scientists who want government funding to stay employed.

So what you're saying is that it's okay to dump my used motor oil in the river....:?:

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardon Man
Quote:

It's troubling that so many people buy into the notion that climate change and the importance of protecting the environment are some sort of conspiracy concocted by evil leftist scientists at the behest of Al Gore. It's a deception generated and perpetuated by the oil and energy industries and their media fronts. Why?...because minimizing pollution and focusing on a healthy environment would take a bite out of their profits. And we all know there is nothing more important than unfettered profit. Man absolutely can...and has...impacted the environment for the worse. There are countless examples all over the globe. To argue otherwise is madness.

Spot on Cardon Man. David, put down the pom poms. If we have to hear that same canned answer one more time :?:.
Its old, tiresome and used to get people off the subject that we are f ing up the planet for profit.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2013 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaemma
wow this thread is why 3/4 of people registered on Nomads don't post

How exactly do you reach that logical and mathematical conclusion?

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.