Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8
Author: Subject: DENNIS Update
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:33 AM

Dennis here is wishing you a speedy recovery.
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:36 AM

Oh geese. I hope he doesn't see a "bright light" or something and turn into a bleeding heart nice guy type. His acid wit is one of the things I look for on this board.
Never met you buddy, and although I don't always agree, I really enjoy your slice and dice repartee. Get well soon get back on here. Best of wishes for a speedy recovery.:yes:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 10:25 AM

Must admit my heart stopped/dropped when I read the subject line ..
Oh Dennis! Your prose and presence is an integral part of reading on this forum! Sending magic and best wishes your way for a swift recovery .. enjoy all that nurse attention :-) Your cyber amigos from Cabo Magic .. T&L

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 11:32 AM
A Slip to the Hip

Is often that's IT !

For US Geezers. The Numbers are Ugly.

Good Luck in Beating the Odds.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 11:37 AM

sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 02:38 PM

Get well soon Dennis.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 03:17 PM

Mr BillM, ah jeez I was hoping no one would bring that up. I try to keep in mind Dennis is going to take a look at the forum and this thread. I faced 13% odds with AML and I can tell you it crushed me down into the bed something awful. I had a friend who kept yelling "Leukemia? You're going to Die!" She was freaked not mean. Words are powerful.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 03:45 PM

David, you've probably noticed that Bill HAS a mean streak, just like I have an angry streak. I too was taken aback that the condolences were uniformly positive and uplifting until something turd-like was suddenly floating in the punch bowl. It didn't seem very conscious to me.
The N I H says less than a third of hip fracture patients ultimately die of the injury or surgery, and the median age of those who suffer the injury is near 80 anyway. I hope I read it right.

DENNIS seems to be looking at pretty fair odds. The presence of numerous other deadly infirmities in the aged DOES contribute to the number of people taken-out by a hip fracture.

This might be a good reason for us old toots to be inoculated against pneumonia and to get a flu shot. It isn't the fracture that kills, but the inability to fight-off the other diseases while bedridden, if I understand it correctly.

Anyway, Dennis, don't let the dark side bring you down!

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 03:59 PM

Rooting for you Sr. Dennis. Get better quick and get back on board here. Miss your sharp wit.

carpe diem!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 04:23 PM
Update

The VA did the full hip replacement last night. He’s doing fine but in pain. He'staking the pain meds and not being stubborn about it – amazing! He’s starting PT later today. He says it’s going to be a long slow process but I don’t think he has any hard facts yet.

I’ll keep you posted,

Bob Durrell
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 04:26 PM

He'll do ok. I have a friend that had her second one in October, and she's doing ok.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 04:49 PM

durrelllrobert

DIEZ MIL GRACIAS! Being old, grumpy and somewhat pessimistic about "Getting Better All The Time" as far as me personally, the positive news is highly appreciated. As I totter and stumble about, the spectre of a bad fall haunts me.

Poor Shari must have grimaced as she watched me ascend and descend a tall staircase in the "Blue House".

And your mentioning of pneumonia hits right to the point. Sometimes the best defense is a swift kick in the...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
The VA did the full hip replacement last night. He’s doing fine but in pain. He'staking the pain meds and not being stubborn about it – amazing! He’s starting PT later today. He says it’s going to be a long slow process but I don’t think he has any hard facts yet.

I’ll keep you posted,

I visited Dennis this afternoon at the VA. As noted, he had hip replacement surgery yesterday. He's in good spirits, but obviously in some pain at the moment as well. He said they'd started PT with him already today. He indicated some expectation of being there for some time to come in order to go through PT he has ahead. Someone is watching his home and his dog for him.

I was inquiring if there was anything I could do for him since I was local - and he told me everything seemed to be quite under control, and to tell everyone he said "hi" and that he was grateful for all the well-wishes people have posted.

:)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:

I’ll keep you posted,

I visited Dennis this afternoon at the VA. As noted, he had hip replacement surgery yesterday. He's in good spirits, but obviously in some pain at the moment as well. He said they'd started PT with him already today. He indicated some expectation of being there for some time to come in order to go through PT he has ahead. Someone is watching his home and his dog for him.

I was inquiring if there was anything I could do for him since I was local - and he told me everything seemed to be quite under control, and to tell everyone he said "hi" and that he was grateful for all the well-wishes people have posted.

:)

Very cool of you to do this Doug... the host with the most, Baja Nomad!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 07:44 PM

Quote:

I’ll keep you posted,

Thanks Bob, we appreciate the updates and are thankful that it is good news.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:18 PM

Get well soon!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:28 PM

Hurry up and get out of there Dennis....there are rumors of a collection fund from Nomads to get RuPaul impersonator to come sing for you:biggrin:

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 09:37 PM

So hurry and get your boogy on so you can play bongos with Ru Paul!!

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 10:30 PM

great news that the surgery was done already. It is now all uphill (((:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 10:49 PM

I'm glad to read that Dennis and Lulu are in good hands.
Heal quickly Dennis.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.