David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Yeah, well..one time when there was no gas in Baja at all Strike? We syphoned avgas out of a wrecked plane and drove out of Baja...TOP THAT....

Ya....??? Well one time I siphoned gas out of my truck into a wrecked plane.....then flew IT out of Baja:lol::lol:

Hard landing!

Awchit (2)r.JPG - 29kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 04:16 PM

Waas mi truck dude!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 04:52 PM

I have to comment on a few posts that talked about getting to a Pemex, and finding they were out of gas. Inasmuch as all Pemex stations are independently owned, you can pretty much conclude that if you drive into a Pemex that is dry, it is because they didn't pay their bill.

Long gone are the days when stations were few and far between. The delivery system that uses both fuel brought from NOB and fuel brought in at La Paz and maybe Santa Rosalia.

So especially with the San Ignacio station, if they are out of gas, it is a problem of their own making.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
..... if they are out of gas, it is a problem of their own making.

I agree.....but that still won't put gas in my tank ;D

As time goes on, the price of precious commodities will only go up...and as a "motorized transport appreciator", I like to find a filling station with supplies on hand. I am thrilled as I can be to find a rancho or whatever with gerry cans, bleach bottles, coke bottles or whatever with gas in Baja when I need gas ....

Yep, the supply chain is improving in Baja as are the roads....such is "progress". :cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2014 at 05:42 PM

I b-tched when avgas went to 80 cents per gallon. The horror of it all! Can't remember what it was at Rancho Santa Inez.
Had a friend "liberate" a Piper Navajo from the Feds in Baja in the early 70s. It folded the nose gear and bent the props. The gear was pried out and held in place with a 2x4 and bailing wire and towed to the side where it was "under guard" 24/7. He got 2 props from me and a new battery and flew down on Cinco de Mayo in a 210 with another pilot. As the guard was celebrating that night he changed the props and installed the battery and took off for Van Nuys CA (didn't stop at the border). The guard ran out, let the air out of a tire on the 210 and told the other pilot he had a VERY BIG PROBLEM! Asking how much this problem was going to cost he was told $300. He related that all he had was $230 and the response was? "That is enough senior! With that the pilot was handed a bicycle pump which he used to fill the tire and took off for parts north. The Navajo sat at VNY for months with Customs stickers all over it.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2014 at 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Dr, enough, please.

Thank you.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
What year did the Catavina station close? I seem to remember it being open in 1994 but I may have been hallucinating.

I think '94 was the last year. After that a tire shop for a while.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.