BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10
Author: Subject: MISSING PERSON: Please Help Us Find Mike!
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 10:41 AM

what about notifying the Army checkpoints (if anyone happens to be near one). Some of them are writing down vehicle info and license numbers.
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 10:55 AM

Thank you all..I've posted on Ignacio Springs and Baja Oasis Motel (where we've stayed in the past) FB pages, and will do the same with Rice and Beans there. But if anyone has their own contacts there, please send the pictures to them.
Huge hugs from Colorado to all of you. Anytime you want a mountain vacation, you have a place to stay near Vail!!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 11:35 AM

VG, glad to hear you have people in place down south; Baja is a big place. Also good you know your way around there too. Wishing the best, please keep us posted.
bb :yes:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vailgrl

I'll send pictures of this spot (we call it Domingos) as soon as I can. It's a couple of hours north of of Scorp, and then a barely-noticeable "road" to the ocean. It sits on top of a cliff, overlooking an estuary and sand dunes. I'll try to get a better location from some of Mike's friends who went there with him.

Here are the pics:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:10 PM

We're trying to get hold of a person in Scorpion Bay, Jaime, who has lived there for many, many years. He's the person that introduced Mike to Domingo's. I think a friend has his phone number or contact info. If we can get him to see Mike and talk to him, this could be our best bet to save him.
I'll keep you all informed..
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:12 PM

....mannn I hope this works out for the best---it's -definitely- the right time to put ALL effort into this!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:

I'll send pictures of this spot (we call it Domingos) as soon as I can. It's a couple of hours north of of Scorp, and then a barely-noticeable "road" to the ocean. It sits on top of a cliff, overlooking an estuary and sand dunes. I'll try to get a better location from some of Mike's friends who went there with him.

Here are the pics:

I think that's just northwest of san juanico, about 15 km as the crow flies
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:41 PM

I just got back in now and saw this and called Gary & Terry at Ignacio Springs...they are out of the country but I explained it all to the woman there and called Juanita at Casa Leree as well and asked them to take a drive around this evening to see if he is camping in San Ignacio.

But it would be nice to know if seen if he should be approached or what to say to him. If it were me, I would strike up a friendly conversation and ask the usual touristy questions...hot enough for ya...nice rig bro, where are you from, where are you headed, are you on vacation, what do you do etc.

Of course we will all be watching out for him in our village and I have also pasted it to my facebook page.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, please approach him. He's left everything behind at home. Tell him how much we all love him, and want him back. Tell him that Ed and Harry went down to Baja looking for him, and that there are so many people who care, especially me.
If he refuses to come back, ask if he's made arrangements for his house and belongings..maybe with his attorney?? If he's serious, let him know what this will mean to us, his best friends. We'll be the ones left with dealing with all of this. We need to know what he wants done with everything. Maybe we can get him back this way.
We can't force him to do anything. He'll tell you he's moving to Peru, or some other story, but it's not true. He's going down there for one reason, to disappear forever.
Ask him to at least contact me. We were together for nine years, and maybe I can turn things around.

...Shari---not sure if you saw Vailgrl's comment on that...something of a direct approach
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 12:54 PM

thanks Micah...I had missed that trying to put things in motion quickly because time is of the essence here...I hope he shows up here...it wouldnt be the first time I had the pleasure of turning things around for someone.

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 02:11 PM

I think you are right mtgoat666...here are a couple shots from Google Earth. When I zoomed way in, the rocks down by the water and sand beach in the background looked very much like the background in the second photo above.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you all..I've posted on Ignacio Springs and Baja Oasis Motel (where we've stayed in the past) FB pages, and will do the same with Rice and Beans there. But if anyone has their own contacts there, please send the pictures to them.
Huge hugs from Colorado to all of you. Anytime you want a mountain vacation, you have a place to stay near Vail!!

Here's hoping contact is made soon and your friend returns home safely. We just spent the weekend in your neck of the woods (Cordillerra) and that is a beautiful part of the planet. Take care and good luck!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 04:07 PM

To the Crazy Cat..I'm glad you got to experience my area here..
And we're just keeping positive thoughts for Mike..thanks to all of you.
Bichito
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:11 PM

I'm heading to San Juanico VIA the north road later this week. I'll keep my eyes out. Here's hoping for a safe return..

[Edited on 8-6-2014 by Bichito]
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:31 PM

:!: KEWL CHIT, NOMADS!! Having worked Search and Rescue a little bit, this is what life is all about, regardless of outcome. Beautiful work, folks. Praise be to you all.

86 - 45*

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:46 PM

...I'm hoping the efforts here turn out mewt,,,,once Mike chills a bit
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...I'm hoping the efforts here turn out mewt,,,,once Mike chills a bit

Micah, you're reminding me of my first ex-wife. You always start out on a period.

SOWWY. Couldn't help myself. :( :rolleyes::( :wow: :(

86 - 45*

vailgrl
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:52 PM

You actually made me smile! Thanks..
Juanita
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 06:54 PM

I drove around San Ignacio at 7:30 p.m. and checked the camps, hotels and town in general but saw no sign of Mike's vehicle. Thanks to Sheri for the heads up!
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 07:00 PM

thank you Juanita...a couple guys just showed up here right now who drove here from San Quintin so Mike may arrive a bit later if someone could do another drive round.

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.