Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: the loss of the best of the best
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 10:44 AM
thanks bajagringo

thanks for shareing that !! WOW,,,I felt that letter hard..wet eyes and all !!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Yo tambien :(

I think the sensitivity expressed by most here is good for us all...some can embrace it....and that's a good thing.

Even in his death, Robin is helping us pay attention to our hearts and minds.

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Yo tambien :(

I think the sensitivity expressed by most here is good for us all...some can embrace it....and that's a good thing.

Even in his death, Robin is helping us pay attention to our hearts and minds.

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by motoged]

And maybe he will help some to seek more help when battling their demons, and others to seek help in dealing with suicides in among their friends and family. I know I did not deal with my brother's suicide on my own.

This letter is beautiful. Peace to Robin and his family. He left a beautiful legacy behind.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You think he had a right to kill himself and cause all this pain, and I disagree (unless he had a terminal illness).

Your point of view differs from most because most people think he did die of an illness, a severe case of depression.

^^^^THIS^^^^TIMES^^^^TEN^^^^

Except that I would add "intelligent, informed and compassionate" between "most" and "people."

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:11 PM

now his wife is reporting he was also struggling with the onslaught of parkinsons. he had some battles looming on the horizon for sure.......
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:27 PM

[img][/img]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:29 PM

well said Robin.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:43 PM

Some sh*tweasels have trolled Zelda Williams. I swear, it's almost impossible to have any faith in humanity anymore, when there's always an idiot ready, willing and able to pee on your tiny flicker of hope.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robin-williams-c...

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 12:57 PM

no shortage of sick people is there
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 02:40 PM

Robin Williams humour was so far over DKs head he is just baffled by peoples love for the guy.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 03:06 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight between some of you and DK but I think you are being a little harsh on him for expressing his opinion. You and I might not agree with him but it's his opinion and that's that. I have never met David so I am not defending him or battering him, just don't think it's fair to beat him up for something that he voiced. It also seems to me that your swinging at him for other posts that he made on different subjects. Don't like what he has to post, don't read them.

Peace out.

PS Oh yeah, finding a couple of rocks and informing me that there was once a mission there is not my thing but it's his thing to share. That doesn't make him a bad guy for trying to inform me or me a bad person for not being in to it.

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by Howard]

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 03:24 PM

DK has shown contrition therefore I for one forgive his comments as simply opinion. I regret jumping on him but if not me any of others would have, and in fact did. I appreciate his otherwise well received Baja discussions here however. ;D

RIP Robin. Your demons are now gone.:saint:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 05:40 PM

Robin Williams has always meant more than his television shows or movies. My wife and I attended his traveling interview when he sits down to “chat” with his old friend, comedian, actor, director and author David Steinberg. It was much more than a comedy routine or act. They opened the door to their lives and shared it at a level that was so informative and fascinating as well as humorous.

During the 23 years I spent backpacking the wilderness of Wyoming, the group metamorphed over the years. One of our camp conversations would often be, who would you like to bring on an excursion to get to know. I can't tell you how many times Robin was a consensus winner. He had the capacity to engage and enthrall so many of us that his flame burned brightly, but it did not burn as long.

I've lost others to the disease of depression/suicide and I don't consider it any different than getting hit by a car. Some folks are simply susceptible and some folks are firm in their choices that it's time to leave. Since I don't understand that situation, it's hard to accept but the loss is really the issue. Critics of that reality are often just ignorant which has proven true in this thread as well.

Until we meet again, thanks for the memories Robin.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 10:37 PM

A brief touching tribute:
http://www.wimp.com/sweettribute/

Don't believe everything you think....
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 10:40 PM

I for one am grateful for DK's observations, how else could we get 4 pages out of a 1 page post?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
wetto
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 09:15 AM

I come away from these 4 pages of posts with Baja Gringo sharing of his depression and friends attempts to help as the big winner here and way to see how to help others.
I have had my own demons and depression. I was only through friends who cared enough to help pull me out back into the public world and help me see the bigger picture that assisted me.

Thank you Baja Gringo for sharing.

Lee S
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 10:22 AM

Lee, thanks for sharing that. It can be as "simple" as drawing on a network of friends and loved ones, and it can be an endless morass of drug combinations and c-cktails designed to correct the illness. While this experimentation is ongoing the symptoms remain and loved ones must cope with the madness. I'm not going to recount the suicides that have deeply effected me or my best friends personally. Sons, daughters, husbands, and my own father blowing his brains out, have all increased my understanding. Living for years with the death threats of a family member forces one to see that it is not cowardice, selfishness, or a personal failure of political orientation that causes people to contemplate suicide. Very often it is an unfortunate accident of brain chemistry.

If a person gets a brain tumor, DavidK, and they choose to refuse the horrors of surgery and chemotherapy in exchange for a few months more life will you ask: "What went wrong?"

I judge that it is the fear of death that keeps the priests in business. Fearing the one certainty that comes with birth, seems a poor way to live life.

I'm going to go eat shrimp tacos and enjoy this amazing culture I've been invited to share. Feeling hopeless? u2u me any time.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 02:12 PM

This is one of the funniest skits from Robin Williams on GOLF. His humor lives on. RIP Robin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkhgZim5Ig

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wetto
I come away from these 4 pages of posts with Baja Gringo sharing of his depression and friends attempts to help as the big winner here and way to see how to help others.
I have had my own demons and depression. I was only through friends who cared enough to help pull me out back into the public world and help me see the bigger picture that assisted me.

Thank you Baja Gringo for sharing.

Yes, his sharing is so important.

He was so very fortunate that his cabron worked for him. Depression is such a toxic disease that for some, a 1000 cabrons cannot help.

But we all need to see the signs and reach out and try.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 09:13 PM

.... nor can a thousand pills, nor can a thousand thrills.....

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.