Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: STOLEN GOODS in La Bocana - ARRESTED PERPS,
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 1-21-2015 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  
Do you think the local authorities are being paid more NOT to do their jobs, than they are paid to actually do them (investigate crimes, arrest criminals)?

Is it a case of "Plomo o plata?" (lead or silver?)

I think its really a drug problem, They're just sneakier than cops by nature, and they have the advantage of being on the offensive

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by BajaRat]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 08:24 AM

Small town stuff?... more of a drug problem...don't think the Cartels would bother with them much. Maybe send them a message is all.

Bigger problem MIGHT be is that the police are also drug users. (not a everywhere of course).

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by rts551]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 08:43 AM

This scenario of the local police is played out ALL OVER MEXICO!!! This is not just an Asuncion/La Bocana problem. It's the reason that the last two presidents of Mexico have attempted to abolish the municipal police forces in Mexico. They are just so easily corrupted and no citizen, in their right mind, wants to enter the judicial system to try and combat it. So, it continues, until higher authorities are forced to step in. It takes an event like those missing students down in Guerrero before action begins to come.

Nothing is worse than evil, hiding behind a badge, IMO. It completely shreds the fabric of a civilized society, down to its roots.

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by Hook]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 06:06 PM

Good news! The big police honchos came up from La Paz and tracked down four guys whom they arrested and pooooof

Took them away.

La Bocana was a busy village yesterday.

Another La Bocana guy was arrested, red handed, trying to peddle stolen goods in Abreojos. He really blew it because he just used his last card and will now be officially removed from the local cooperative.

The locals here are pulling in $40 to $50 US grand a season.

I am so happy that there might just be some real JUSTICE now that the ringleader has been arrested.....notice I said "might" and I ain't holding my breath.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 06:20 PM

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 06:55 PM

drugs suck! nobody wins in the end.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Good news! The big police honchos came up from La Paz and tracked down four guys whom they arrested and pooooof

Took them away.

Another La Bocana guy was arrested, red handed, trying to peddle stolen goods in Abreojos. He really blew it because he just used his last card and will now be officially removed from the local cooperative.

I am so happy that there might just be some real JUSTICE now that the ringleader has been arrested.....notice I said "might" and I ain't holding my breath.

Yes, very good news!

And often people are surprised at how well the coop fisherman do --- some years they earn less, and sometimes they earn more/ It is a tough but good job. So losing his job at the coop is serious.

[Edited on 1-23-2015 by DianaT]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
drugs suck! nobody wins in the end.

yeah, we need to legalize more of them

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 07:11 PM

Prohibition is totally working! =)

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 08:42 PM

LIKE is right!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2015 at 10:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

And often people are surprised at how well the coop fisherman do --- some years they earn less, and sometimes they earn more/ It is a tough but good job. So losing his job at the coop is serious.

Funny how many of them look at me as wealthy when many of them make more than I do.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 12:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

Funny how many of them look at me as wealthy when many of them make more than I do.

It's not how much you make but how much you get to keep. Most fishermen I know down here (and I know PLENTY) spend 75% of what they earn on booze, smokes and girlfriends.

And their wives take the other 25%...

:lol::lol::lol:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

It's not how much you make but how much you get to keep. Most fishermen I know down here (and I know PLENTY) spend 75% of what they earn on booze, smokes and girlfriends.

shhhsssss Ron. Here in Abreojos, at least according to the men, the wives keep 75% and the men get 25% for booze, smokes, and girlfriends.

We do not want to lose our fisherman to the North! :lol::lol::lol:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 07:34 AM

Just be aware that if the victims of these lowlifes don't appear at the ministerio publico to file a denuncia within 72 hours, they will be cut loose.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 12:42 PM

So sorry to hear this Blanca, but so glad they got caught and hauled off.

Drugs show up wherever there is a demand, we can fight the supply end of it all we want but until we deal with the demand end of it, sadly not much changes.

At this moment in my sleepy little bedroom town that I live in, there was 35 crimes within a 10 mile radius of my house in the last month, and you can bet it is all drug related. It doesn't matter if you live in a tight small community, the inner city, or the rurals..it is everywhere. Heroin and meth are a scurge on our society right now, and we are all on the receiving end of it in some way. Last year many people formed a group here, and we are fighting back against the crime. Sadly this is what it takes for everyone to keep a watchful eye out on each other and our houses. We are also looking into opening a family resource center here to get people the resources they need of places to help loved ones with addiction and where to go for detox etc...there's a lot to be done and it takes a village!

For all those who think this is only going on in Mexico and your town in the U.S. is absent of this...you're not awake and need to take a good look around YOUR community. Don't rely on your newspapers to report all the drug related crimes around you...newspapers will give ya fluff....and so will Law Enforcement....talk to your neighbors, start a community Facebook page and get involved in knowing what is going on around you. Neighbors need to stick together and have each other's backs, Baja or the U.S.!

Blanca, I hope your town too will get active and say "enough is enough not in our town"!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 12:56 PM

Looking through a blogspot on State crimes and arrests I see where the Asuncion Coop offices were broken into the other day. It is everywhere.

http://www.desdepalaciodemadera.blogspot.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Looking through a blogspot on State crimes and arrests I see where the Asuncion Coop offices were broken into the other day. It is everywhere.

http://www.desdepalaciodemadera.blogspot.com/

That's the coop that is downtown on the main street!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2015 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

shhhsssss Ron. Here in Abreojos, at least according to the men, the wives keep 75% and the men get 25% for booze, smokes, and girlfriends.

We do not want to lose our fisherman to the North! :lol::lol::lol:

The year one of our good friends was the head of one of the coops, he really did not enjoy the job at all. He didn't drink or smoke and when he was not with his family or working, he was in church! So he was really frustrated by the ones who spent all their money and were constantly asking for more. As he said, they made good money, but they just couldn't handle it. He couldn't sit at our house for 5 minutes without his phone ringing several times. He sure was happy when the year was over and he was back on the water!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2015 at 04:38 PM

So, for an update: we were under the impression that the perps were in fact going to be let out

La Bocana signed a petition for the guy NOT to be let off, they contacted all the politicians they could

and last Thursday, I went with Bruce to visit the ministeriales in Vizcaino who thought they had h is stuff to release to him. Well, the only thing that was actually Bruce's were his prescription sun glasses - no fishfinder, no rods n reels, no cell phone, no satellite radio. Just glasses,

However, while we were there, the main guy told me that he had it straight from the judge that Franco was not to be let off under any circumstances

that he had received a call from HIS BOSS in La Paz telling him to make sure the case was rock solid so that Franco would not be let off on technicalities

and while I was there, the police from la Bocana called to confirm there was no issues since they had also heard the rumor of the perp being let off!

Justice really worked, and Franco is in jail for what might be 10 years.maybe.

His dad, his eternal rescuer, is selling off land and his min hotel to raise money to get the kid out....we all know that quite often,money talks. We shall see,but, in the meantime, we are so happy that our main headache is sleeping in prison :)))))))))))))))))0

Come visit La Bocana

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2015 at 05:28 PM

and the people in Abreojos did get most of their stuff back
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.