Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: First post
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

Mood: Garboso

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 09:13 AM

BajaBean it is bacquito.

Marc I did not cave to the PC group, although they made some valid points. I caved to my Mexican wife. (Second to the last post on pg one.) I should not, cannot, will not disregard advice from the woman I love.

The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBean  
BajaBean it is bacquito.

Marc I did not cave to the PC group, although they made some valid points. I caved to my Mexican wife. (Second to the last post on pg one.) I should not, cannot, will not disregard advice from the woman I love.

You are truly a wise man! LOL!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:09 AM

BajaBean it is bacquito.

IMHO this PC invented by the liberals has gone to far. Back in the 50s all of my Mexican friends refereed to themselves as espaldas mojadas and they referred to me as el gringo blanco and everyone was happy. One of our local car clubs was called the Bean Bandits and the even let me drive their hemi powered Crosley dragster once.

Bob Durrell
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 10:28 AM

durrelllrobert
It does get over the top at times. However, in the interest of on-line harmony I decided to go with the flow.

Forty years as a building contractor I learned not to antagonize my subcontractors or their employees. A good attitude has saved me a lot of money.

UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 05:06 PM

Welcome BajaBean. Nice to see some new blood here. Like your posts and you seem to be a open minded person with no axe to grind. Agree this is no place for politics or religion. There is an Off Topic forum for the ones who want that.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 05:26 PM

BajaBean it is bacquito.

You are a indeed a wise man. Happy traveling.:cool::cool:
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 05:55 PM

Thank you both Uno and marc. Hope to meet youse some day. (No I am not a New Yorker or Italian)

BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DebMer  
Well Hi to you fellow Hemeroid. Did you go to school here? If so what year did you graduate? I was released from that prison in 1962.

A few years after you, Bean. 1984. ;)

You may know one of my kids. Gina, Eddie, Melissa, Adam. That is if you are a Hemet grad.

BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 06:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Hi baja bean,I also have home in Hemet,but almost never there.Bring your dirt bikes and ride.I ride most weeks.

Been going back over the thread to respond to some kind folks I missed.

Thanks for the invitation trailrider. The only dirt bike I have is the Honda Trail 110. 45 mph max. Not one I would want to ride that far. My Suzuki Vstrom would be my choice but I would have to change tires unless I stayed on the pavement. The bike weighs just shy of 500 lbs and even though they call it a dual sport, off road is not its forte. My other two are strictly cruisers. My Valkyrie insterstate weighs in a 840 lbs and is in no way off road capable.:D

BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Blanca. I will be sure to stop in when I am in the area.:yes:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 06:44 PM

Blanca, like Shari further up the coast, will make you feel like family and insist you have a great stay at their B&B's.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DebMer

[*] posted on 3-21-2015 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DebMer  
Well Hi to you fellow Hemeroid. Did you go to school here? If so what year did you graduate? I was released from that prison in 1962.

A few years after you, Bean. 1984. ;)

You may know one of my kids. Gina, Eddie, Melissa, Adam. That is if you are a Hemet grad.

Yes, HHS grad. I don't recall any friends with the last name Bean. Possibly we knew each other as "nodding acquaintances."
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 09:52 AM

Deb My oldest daughter, Gina graduated in 84. Tall about 5 11 dark hair. Must have been a big class. I knew the name of everyone in my class. Have a great day.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2015 at 10:29 AM

Where I live. Hemet, SE of Riverside, 13 miles E of the 215. Not always houses. We do mobile homes too but only if the lot is owned, not in a park with monthly rental fees.

I bought a 1200 sq. ft.1940s farm house on a half acre at 1445 Berkeley ave on the east end of Hemet in 2003 for 125K. Spent a year and 60k rehabing/ modernizing and adding on to make it a 2000 sq.ft. modern structure. Only lived in it for 6 months before my wife left me and had to sell it. That's when i moved to Mexico. By the way, the Realtor that listed it also bought it for $350k (It had a large pool and pool house + a 30 x 40 foot garage also)

Bob Durrell
BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 07:50 AM

Sorry for your loss DR but hey at least you made money on the house and was able to live your Baja dream.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 09:05 AM

Sorry for your loss DR but hey at least you made money on the house and was able to live your Baja dream.

Even though we made a big profit on that house I didn't end up making any money because the female judge in Hemet awarded my ex $2k/ month alimony for 60 months even though she was the one that left me, just because we were married for 40 years. I paid her a lump sum of $120k from my half of the profit and moved to Mexico with only my SS to live on.

Bob Durrell
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 03:49 PM

durrelllrobert, sounds like you got slammed but at least made baja.

BajaBean
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 06:00 PM

Can you live on SS in Mexico. I met a guy in La Paz who claimed he was living on 1500 a month. This was about 5 years ago.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 06:55 PM

For a lot of Americans, it is the only place one can live on the little check.

fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 3-23-2015 at 07:19 PM
Bajabean

Just stopping by to welcome you to the forum......Don
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.