BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Mexican Peso in the FX markets pointing to a Hillary victory?
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 07:25 AM

Remember when Skeet/Loreto complained about the ads on these forums.

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 07:37 AM

Sure do miss ol' Skeeter

Quote: Originally posted by DavidT  
Remember when Skeet/Loreto complained about the ads on these forums.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 08:16 AM

Me too. Always fun to see him here. I hope he's reading this.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 08:57 AM

Move on Norman, no sign of intelligence here.:P
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 10:17 AM

Advertisement keeps this place afloat so we can interact with each other. Sex sells just ask Joe!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 11:21 AM

I don't usually see the ads, because I have "ad blocker" on the main computer I use, but I don't have "ad blocker" on all my computers, and so I still sometimes see ads, personalized for me.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter, so I spend time searching for toilets of certain sizes, and after that I was hit with nothing but toilet ads for a few days. ( I miss the old days, when you could fix your own toilet, the new low flow ones, are almost impossible to fix)

The forums that have "Ad sense" they don't make any money unless you click the ads, and read them. I have accidentally hit the "Baja Bound" ads many times by a slip of the finger, so I should buy some Mexican car insurance from them to make it up to them.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
I don't usually see the ads, because I have "ad blocker" on the main computer I use, but I don't have "ad blocker" on all my computers, and so I still sometimes see ads, personalized for me.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter, so I spend time searching for toilets of certain sizes, and after that I was hit with nothing but toilet ads for a few days. ( I miss the old days, when you could fix your own toilet, the new low flow ones, are almost impossible to fix)

The forums that have "Ad sense" they don't make any money unless you click the ads, and read them. I have accidentally hit the "Baja Bound" ads many times by a slip of the finger, so I should buy some Mexican car insurance from them to make it up to them.

:lol:...isn't that the truth, I feel like I know that couple standing in front of their jeep!
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 11:30 AM

DANG JOE-JOE IS HIGH TECH HE HAS AD BLOCKERS!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 12:04 PM

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter,

Your toilet is under a counter? Really? My imagination is backed up and overflowing. :lol::lol::lol:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
[rquote=1055576&tid=84654&author=JoeJustJoe
Dennis, from the point of view of the multinational corporations, what's the problem with NAFTA?

Can't believe that came from you, Joe.

anyway...how does "Made in the USA" sound to you?

How does "Made in the USA sound to me?"

It sounds like an old throw back term from the 50's, when the US was enjoying the fruits of a World War II victory, and Dad worked, a nice union manufacturing job if he was blue collar, and Mom stayed at home cooking and cleaning, Back then, most US neighborhoods in the suburbs were almost all white, and the only scare were the commies.

Guess what Dennis? Those days and manufacturing jobs are not coming back, regardless of who sits in the White House.

The great news is you're college educated in certain fields, the job outlook looks pretty good, and many jobs today are paying pretty good, and $100K jobs are pretty common in many fields.

I almost feel sorry for those white blue collar workers in the rust belt areas of the country who bought into the Trump BS, that he is going to bring back jobs to America from places like Mexico,

The ones who I don't feel sorry for or those blue collar men and women, who listened to Trump' play Dog-whistle politics, and then try to place most of the blame, and danger in the US on the blacks of Mexicans, Blacks, and Muslims. That's just being RACIST!

[Edited on 11-11-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 01:52 PM

Has anyone seen this type of a bicycle before?

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 07:46 PM

where exactly is the rust belt? Am I the last person to hear about it?

I saw a rust in peace sign in west Texas, is it near there?

[Edited on 11-12-2016 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R  

Has anyone seen this type of a bicycle before?

It belongs to hillary, she needed it for the ride home after the vote counting.

Will hillary fight extradition form tj, on her bici

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 08:01 PM

Today the add wants me to buy a ticket from Cali to Cartagena.
Yesterday I had just googled Vladimir Putin, as I did not know how to spell Vladimir. Russian women are pretty, sure, but not as beautiful as the Colombian women.

Now back on topic. 20.86 at close today

Why is the spell checker in Spanish on an English language forum? I do not see where I have a choice. Not only this forum but also the bicycle forum. How do you choose english as the language for the spel checker.

At 12.5 the lavanderia was 18 pesos for a wash
It went up to 20, then 22, then 28. Probably 30 or 32 now. The taco stand was 12 pesos for a long time. They attempted to bump it straight to 18, that failed. So they want down to 14 then raised it every few months untill it hit 18.

Let us not forget to inter inflation into the peso per dollar thread. You get more pesos, but less for each peso.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
[rquote=1055576&tid=84654&author=JoeJustJoe
Dennis, from the point of view of the multinational corporations, what's the problem with NAFTA?

Can't believe that came from you, Joe.

anyway...how does "Made in the USA" sound to you?

How does "Made in the USA sound to me?"

It sounds like an old throw back term from the 50's, when the US was enjoying the fruits of a World War II victory, and Dad worked, a nice union manufacturing job if he was blue collar, and Mom stayed at home cooking and cleaning, Back then, most US neighborhoods in the suburbs were almost all white, and the only scare were the commies.

Guess what Dennis? Those days and manufacturing jobs are not coming back, regardless of who sits in the White House.

The great news is you're college educated in certain fields, the job outlook looks pretty good, and many jobs today are paying pretty good, and $100K jobs are pretty common in many fields.

From what I have seen benefits are dropping, salaries are stagnant, kids getting out of college aren't finding much opportunity.
And the big corporation are working hard to offshore professional positions, or replace high paid citizens with cheaper b1b visa workers.
Trump says he will fix this. But his business model seems to be the problem people are complaining about.
Mark my words, trump will bring back zero mfg jobs, and his watch will see companies to continue offshoring the remaining mfg in conus.

[Edited on 11-12-2016 by mtgoat666]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 09:16 AM

Yesterday's close:

20.797 to one

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 10:05 AM

Is there a site that has a reliable MXN inflation gauge?
If you get paid in pesos, you're getting hurt and I'd take Hooks suggestion.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/mexico/inflation-cpi

joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 07:15 PM

Anybody know what all that means?
Has the exchange rate matched inflation? Do you get more or less for a dollar? Not more pesos, but more supplies. If you change $100 in 2010, and 2016, witch batch of pesos would go further at the grocery store? have hotel prices go up by a 1/3 in that time?
Today the add is flashing, flashing adds keep people away from that page. People find other places to click where the add is not flashing.
Dont know what it wants to sell me.

weekend close, 20.8

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

Anybody know what all that means?
Has the exchange rate matched inflation? Do you get more or less for a dollar? Not more pesos, but more supplies. If you change $100 in 2010, and 2016, witch batch of pesos would go further at the grocery store? have hotel prices go up by a 1/3 in that time?
Today the add is flashing, flashing adds keep people away from that page. People find other places to click where the add is not flashing.
Dont know what it wants to sell me.

weekend close, 20.8

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by joerover]

good question! all I know is I was researching Vladimir Putin and they tried to hook me up with a gorgeous russian model!....I love this country!:yes:
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.