Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10
Author: Subject: Planted drugs at check point
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 10:21 PM

:lol: imagine that, talk about your impeccable timing! hmmmm....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 10:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

David K you need to stop your preoccupation with me ..Its not healthy anD has me worried,,, how many guns do you own? i DID NOT BAN YOU . Ron did and for good reason. wHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT?

Nomad guru/DK disciples pls help this guy.

Get over yourself Ralfie.
You chase every DK post around this site like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.

Every post Ron makes you sniff his butt.
What does that say about you?

Go mod Talk Baja, You have no imput value here.

DimBulbDan,
Your post provide no “imput value here.”

P.s. what’s an “imput?”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 05:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
The post author, Russ, would never post an untruth. The writer of the letter is a long time resident of Punta Chivato and would not send out a letter to the PC-HOA unless the incident happened.

I always give a bag of chocolate candy bars to the check point guys. The ONLY time it was refused was a couple of years ago at the San Ignacio CP. The officer in charge would not allow the kids to take it Shortly after this, the incident regarding the family that was harassed on the devils grade heading south to Santa Rosalia happened. Most of the check point guys are really nice, but occasionally you get an buttcrack. Hopefully he will be transferred soon.

How could you vouch for both Russ, who only re-posted a 3rd handled story, and also vouch for Mike Bowers, who claims he is teacher and President of the HOA, in Punta Chivato, as if that's suppose to mean anything.

I have yet to met any President of a Homeowners Association, that wasn't on a power trip, and who didn't delight in telling you what you could and could not do with your own house.

This would be like me telling members here that the Goat, never posts an untruth, when the Goat, was merely re-posting something he found on some Baja site.

The Fact is Facebook, requires members to post under their real name, and they are now on the lookout for fake news.

Ron, from Talk Baja, should stick to his guns, and require only 1st hand reports from members, or links from credible news sources.

If you want Mike Bowers, the President of a HOA,( big deal) to re-post his adventures in Baja, then Mike Bowers, should join "Talk Baja" and post it there, so the members could ask him questions, such as did he officially file a complaint with the authorities, or just re-tell his story on Baja sites, where it might scare of few ex-pats, and tourists, before it gets buried by other postings.

[Edited on 8-20-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
The post author, Russ, would never post an untruth. The writer of the letter is a long time resident of Punta Chivato and would not send out a letter to the PC-HOA unless the incident happened.

I always give a bag of chocolate candy bars to the check point guys. The ONLY time it was refused was a couple of years ago at the San Ignacio CP. The officer in charge would not allow the kids to take it Shortly after this, the incident regarding the family that was harassed on the devils grade heading south to Santa Rosalia happened. Most of the check point guys are really nice, but occasionally you get an buttcrack. Hopefully he will be transferred soon.

How could you vouch for both Russ, who only re-posted a 3rd handled story, and also vouch for Mike Bowers, who claims he is teacher and President of the HOA, in Punta Chivato, as if that's suppose to mean anything.

I have yet to met any President of a Homeowners Association, that wasn't on a power trip, and who didn't delight in telling you what you could and could not do with your own house.

This would be like me telling members here that the Goat, never posts an untruth, when the Goat, was merely re-posting something he found on some Baja site.

The Fact is Facebook, requires members to post under their real name, and they are now on the lookout for fake news.

Ron, from Talk Baja, should stick to his guns, and require only 1st hand reports from members, or links from credible news sources.

If you want Mike Bowers, the President of a HOA,( big deal) to re-post his adventures in Baja, then Mike Bowers, should join "Talk Baja" and post it there, so the members could ask him questions, such as did he officially file a complaint with the authorities, or just re-tell his story on Baja sites, where it might scare of few ex-pats, and tourists, before it gets buried by other postings.

Because I currently spend time every spring and fall in Punta Chivato and have been going there since 2003? Because my father in law is a member of the PC-HOA?

[Edited on 8-20-2018 by BajaMama]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 08:01 AM

Russ is a real and very nice person... He lives there most of the year and is a man of truth as BajaMama says, Russ is not into drama, so no false posts.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

David K you need to stop your preoccupation with me ..Its not healthy anD has me worried,,, how many guns do you own? i DID NOT BAN YOU . Ron did and for good reason. wHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT?

Nomad guru/DK disciples pls help this guy.

Get over yourself Ralfie.
You chase every DK post around this site like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.

Every post Ron makes you sniff his butt.
What does that say about you?

Go mod Talk Baja, You have no imput value here.

Well I guess I did ask for the DK disciples to come out and help this guy. If you go back through the post, BummerDan, you will see I was responding to his comment about me....I seem he, and now you, have this fixation ever since he was banned from talk Baja. Again, that is not healthy. You can go back to sleep now.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 08:40 AM

Because I currently spend time every spring and fall in Punta Chivato and have been going there since 2003? Because my father in law is a member of the PC-HOA?

So let me get this straight, the report by Mike Bowers, is accurate, because Russ, who is above reproach who only re-posted some incident report, because someone told him to forward the chain letter incident, and your father-in-law, is a member of the HOA with Mike Bowers, so that makes the report by Mike Bowers, accurate, because your father-in-law thinks Mike Bowers, is a good guy. I wonder who told Russ, to forward the report?

Well, I have known the Goat for about six years here on "Baja Nomad" but that doesn't automatically mean, I'm going to take everything the Goat, posts as gospel, especially if he is posting something 3rd party that I can't personally question that 3rd party.

Maybe, Mike Bowers, exaggerated the story after he told the Military guys at the check point, that he was the President of some HOA, and they were not impressed.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 08:53 AM

Geeeeze!!!! If you believe the account, take precautions. If you think someone made it up or doesn`t want you to go to their secret spot, ignore it.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Russ is a real and very nice person... He lives there most of the year and is a man of truth as BajaMama says, Russ is not into drama, so no false posts.

I been here many years, and I still don't get "Baja Nomad" logic.

Russ, may not be into drama, and is a man of truth, but Russ didn't write the chain letter incident, Mike Bowers, did.

We don't even know who told Russ, to forward the chain letter incident report?

If you want to stand behind somebody, stand behind Mike Bowers, who claims he is teacher in Idaho.

What I know for sure, is Mike Bowers, is not a current teacher in Idaho in 2018, however if he is retired, there is a possibility that may be accurate.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 10:35 AM

When people talk bad about others, it is often a troll and/or for drama they need in their lonely lives. They have no friends apparently and so they go to the Dark Side.....

Hhmmmmm....David, sounds like you are "talking bad about others" here....:O :smug:

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 01:03 PM

I guess when I have absolutely no reason to believe someone is telling a falsehood my best choice, IMHO, is to believe the story. And to use the information to take necessary precautions when passing through this checkpoint to make sure bad things don't happen. BTW it is the only check point I feel a little intimidated at, and there is a reason for that.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
When people talk bad about others, it is often a troll and/or for drama they need in their lonely lives. They have no friends apparently and so they go to the Dark Side.....

Hhmmmmm....David, sounds like you are "talking bad about others" here....:O :smug:

I wish there was another way Ged, am I too defensive? Can't we just share the love for Baja here on Nomad?

David,
Only you could really say whether or not you are too defensive....:)
I might be too if I had as many posts as you generate that I felt I had to defend.

We both share the love of Baja....and sometimes drive into the muck and deep soft sand......apparently lowering pressure helps in such conditions :saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 02:04 PM

LOL yes, indeed it does. :biggrin:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 03:29 PM

If you ask me, I think about 50% of all posts are pure BS, and what's left over is plain wrong, or the posting member has some type of agenda, and maybe just maybe, a small percentage of posts are both accurate and truthful, although you sure have to wade through a lot of BS posts to find that worthwhile truthful information.

Again, you can not post 3rd party testimony, and then claim that information is beyond reproach, and is one of the reasons why courtrooms, do not allow hearsay, or third party testimony in criminal cases, because it's not under oath, or subject to cross examination.

Of course Baja forums and group Facebook sites, are not courtrooms, but the person who is posting the information should be subject to questions, and we should be able to see a history of their other postings to get an idea if they're playing with a full deck or not.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 03:55 PM

nobody asked.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 05:34 PM

I went through the San Ignacio check point going South on Wed 8-15. There I got one of the most thorough inspections I've had in 16 years. The highlight was when he went through the center console he took everything out and examined it.

He outdid himself when he took out the charger that plugs into what I still call the cigarette lighter. He held it up to the front windshield and carefully checked it out!

This was so close to the description of the original poster, that I believe him.

I returned Northbound Sunday ( 8-19 ) and was waved through. Kind of disappointing, I'd have liked another show.

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 06:50 PM

History always repeats itself: most threads drift, and end up being about David K!

[Edited on 8-21-2018 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 07:30 PM

and your love of posting my name keeps that going...

as Smokey the Bear said, only YOU can prevent forest fires.

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 07:37 PM

I've been following this thread from the start and have a very similar story but NOT in Baja, this happened to me last Friday the 19th when returning from Tecate on Hwy. 94 (Campo Rd.)

In the morning I had gone to the San Ysidro DMV to use the kiosk to get my truck's registration renewed, I was on my way to Tecate so I crossed thru Otay on my way to visit the Tersa Tecate (tire shop) to get my truck's tires, brakes and suspension worked on (that's a whole story by it self: BAD) I picked up my truck about 5 hrs. later after visiting with family and having lunch at "La Mision" (across the street from Tersa https://goo.gl/maps/xAoUG3Tek6C2 yummy and very affordable) just to find out they had done NADA!!!

Well, there was nothing else to do but return home, I crossed the border into the US thru Tecate, got on my way home driving Hwy. 94 east, when I reached CBP inspection station just before Otay Lakes Rd. there were a couple of vehicles ahead of me, just as I was approaching the booth the officer with a K9 went around my truck and the K9 got excited at the back end of my truck, I proceeded to the booth, the K9 again went around the truck and this time nothing seemed to attract the K9, I was asked for my ID and passport (Sentri) then I was sent to secondary where the K9 went inside my truck: NOTHING at all, the officers interrogated me blatantly trying to confuse me, which I repelled in a respectful manner. I then was taken into a secluded holding cell, asked to empty my pockets on the steel ounter, I asked if I could get my wallet that I had left in my truck to which he just said NO (it was on my seat). So there I was for about 30-40 minutes thinking what may had happened and what the future had in store for me, meanwhile these officers went thru my truck and made a mess of the inside, then finally one of the officers came to holding cell and told me I was free to leave, I asked what had happened and I was told it was a mistake by the K9... OR probably someone with drugs on their hands had touched my truck... plain BS....!!!!

I've been thru the San Ignacio check point and many more along Baja many times: at least I had the chance to see what they were doing.

I've seen K9's but only searching big rigs going north in Baja, why don't they use them instead of "digging in"?

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 08:13 PM

Twice I have had a soldier with a canine approach my car at a checkpoint, once it was at San Ignacio southbound (Nov 2016). Both times the dog search was cancelled when they saw my 85 pound co-pilot!

She is friendly, but looks like she could be a problem, so I have not been searched by anybody on my last two trips down the peninsula.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.