Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  38    40    42  ..  93
Author: Subject: Turtle bust
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-24-2009 at 08:51 PM

3 kilos of coke merits 36 hours in jail? Something doesn't ring true about that latest update. Anyway, let's keep this fresh and original thread going...I'm aiming to be the 50,000th post!

duke62
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 01:11 AM

I am sorry, ramuma53, but your use of the word "estrange" just put me over the edge. You are not real. No person, even English as a second language student , would type out, "estrange," in place of, "It is strange." I know my Spanglish. Sad....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 01:23 AM

You are so right!

Really "estrange" man.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by duke62
I am sorry, ramuma53, but your use of the word "estrange" just put me over the edge. You are not real. No person, even English as a second language student , would type out, "estrange," in place of, "It is strange." I know my Spanglish. Sad....

Duke, "estrange" is not Spanglish. ramuma is just writing phonetically. It is very common for Spanish speakers who pick up English later in life -- not from early school learning -- to use the "es" sound where the English and Spanish words are similar to begin with.

Common examples are:
estamp = estampia
eschool = escuela
estranger = extranjero

You need to hang with some Mexicans.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 12:26 PM

This guy manonegra is "estranger" than fiction.

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 02:19 PM

Sorry for the extra e I just overlooked it and I don´t see the point in correcting it now, that it has generated so many friendly responses.
Well Bajamigo, that is what they told me in the PGR in La Paz and my employees saw when they were arrested and taken away by the Army this time (Last time were the Marines) and somebody corrected me also, Mark Jerome Burbey and Maria Olivia Higuera Aguilar were detained 72 hours not 36 but the amount of drugs was correct 3 Kilos and yes it is extremely strange that they were able to come out free after just 72 hours, but you know how things happen and the illegal drugs end up being just gypsum or even sugar after careful examination$$$$$$$$
It may sound not true, but a lot of what is happening, I may not have believed it just a few years back, but now, I know that anything is possible in Baja with this lady.
But one thing is true, her story that all that is happening to her, is fabricated by me and she is framed honest nice lady, is becoming incredible, because I would have to be able to control the Navy, Army, Propesca, Marines and Mexican FBI (PGR) just to put her in jail a few days and if I really were able to do that, she for sure would be in jail by now.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2009 at 04:49 PM

LisaR was just there and said the place looked normal.
3 kilos of drugs is 6 pounds
That is alot of coke.
If they were in jail then why is the restruant still open.
The people involved would be in jail still.
Munoz, are not you getting ready to lose the hotel.
And, when I was there this winter the air conditioners were older than 1year old.
I think you are desparate because you are ready to lose the hotel.
This is why you are spreading these rumors without any facts to back them up.
Olivia will soon have a case against you.
Soon tourists will not come to the hotel or restruant.
It looks too dangerous.
We will just drive by.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 12:22 AM

I believe this is the first time I posted in this thread...

The restaurant is open and has customers... we went there twice last week on different days.

Baja Angel and I met Mark & Olivia a few days ago and had really great cheeseburgers and fries a couple days ago. What a great place to eat/ drink/ socialize with nice folks. What they have been put through is a crying shame.

Mark (Oliguacomole) said I could post his photo in my trip report of our trip... HE is a REAL person, there all the time... I found them both to be quite believable and wish them a quick end to the nightmare.

[Edited on 7-26-2009 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

duke62
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 02:18 AM

Arrowhead. My brothers and I were in bilingual education. Mi hermano now teaches Spanish at a high school in San Diego, and was a translator for Mexican officials for some time. I am not as good as him, but, I know Spanish, and Spanglish. "Estrange" for "It is strange" is not either. Your examples do not fit what I was commenting about. Which was, the changing character of this person's dialogue/voice.

All of us have read this story with curious facination, but it is only watching a car/train wreck. Dios mio, I am so sorry I posted on this thread. Paz.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 02:32 PM

DavidK did you ask if Narc and Olivia was in jail 3 days?
Did you get any part of the 6 pounds of coke?
After eating the cheese burgers were you up all night?
Were there boats unloading drugs at 3AM?
Was Mano Negro there?
Is he ever there?
Did you look at the hotel?
Are the rooms in bad shape?
Does the generator really look like a bbq?
Are Narc and Olivia really out to get Mano Negro?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 03:34 PM

Diane

You are falling......into the great internet abyss .... and don't challenge the gurus
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 04:03 PM

Kate, if you are so concerned, interested...........why do you not go and see for yourself?
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 04:05 PM

shucks, can't think of anything funny to say to be post #800
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
DavidK did you ask if Narc and Olivia was in jail 3 days?
Did you get any part of the 6 pounds of coke?
After eating the cheese burgers were you up all night?
Were there boats unloading drugs at 3AM?
Was Mano Negro there?
Is he ever there?
Did you look at the hotel?
Are the rooms in bad shape?
Does the generator really look like a bbq?
Are Narc and Olivia really out to get Mano Negro?

My reply in this thread is to give Baja Nomads (who know me or know why I am on Nomad) a FIRST HAND impression of my meeting Mark and Olivia... who have been operating a business there long before anyone ever heard of the other person, whose accusations are so wild that anyone should be able to see through this mud slinging.

I didn't intend to go there and report on the meeting, it happened quite naturally thanks to a visitor of Bob & Susan's resort, while we were in the pool there.

Since I was invited to drop in, I did... and I am sharing with you what my impressions of them are. They impressed me as good people who have been wronged by an outsider who wants to have what they worked so hard to build and maintain.

That's all folks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 08:46 AM

David K
I do not dispute that specially Olivia is a nice person with Americans, because you cannot say the same with Mexicans who go to her restaurant, even Narc is sometimes something like a nice person, especially when he is complaining against us, but be there a 3 AM in the morning when they make their real business, see all the AK47 and then you tell me if they are good persons; they are there to appear to be nice persons, but the drugs that are unloaded there are on their way to the USA and fuel the corruption on local authorities.
Please find a person who have been in my hotel and have heard somebody complaining against Olivia, you won’t, because I forbid my employees to even talk about Olivia or Narc.
Their main source of complain is a policy I have in my hotel and that is, to allow any member of the police or armed forces, to stay there for free for as long as they want, I have lent rooms for whole groups of Federal Police, Army and Navy during their normal operations in the area; I do this because my hotel is 30 miles from town and that way I always have a police enforcer around, you will never know what police force have members there, at what time and that is exactly why I do it and what I want, for our own security, but being there all the time, they as policemen or soldiers, have noticed the Olivia´s restaurant illicit activities at night and the way they supply the beaches with narcotics, through the local curiosidades mobile sellers and the big unloading operations every 3 to 4 weeks, also the coming and going of American cars during the night with lights off but, everything really started, when a Navy intelligence official and a PGR intelligence official were there and witnessed an unloading operation at 3 AM and noticed how our telephone was destroyed that same day, but they only had their side weapons with them and didn´t want to confront several people armed with AK47 being unable to call for help; that was the first night that the restaurant was raided by the Marines a few hours later when they were able to report to the Navy headquarters and the turtle issue came just a few days later and really they were caught because the Marines were looking for the drugs, not the turtles, and that is why at this time, in any police agency is well informed about the drug unloading operation they have and that is why they will keep on raiding their place and catching them with small quantities until they catch what they want, a big load.
But during the day, their work is to appear as nice people and complain and complain.

[Edited on 7-27-2009 by ramuma53]
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 09:05 AM

Oliguacamole
A liar as always, the air conditioning units at the hotel, were repalaced last summer and almost all rooms have a new unit now, the only old A/C units we have now, are there, because they work better than the new ones and there is no reason to replace them, they are old but good and will be replaced the day they fail, we have replacements there waiting, so if you do not know anything about our hotel, please do not lie to nice people, because guest, do not have a reason to know why you have so many things to complain, mostly for being put in jail for drug trafficking.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 09:15 AM

JESSE
you look like cook, but I see that you think like a small one; why is it that you are not permeable to facts, Olivia and Narc are being put in jail for drug possesion, for selling sea turtle, for robery, damages, lying to the judicial authorities, for renting federal zone, for selling alchool in Federal zone and they are being put away not by me, by your own government and police forces and I mean Marines, Fisheries, Army and PGR, not me, why don´t you understand what our president is doing when he is facing the narcotics industry?, you do not understand that we are like Chicago in Balentine´s day, that we all have to push the drug dealers back.
Please go out of your kitchen some time and see that we as businessman, can not get employees that are not in to drugs, that the corruption it generates send away tourism, taking the customers out of your restaurant.
That kind of thinking is what allows Mexico to be this way and we need to change it, like our president is trying to do now.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 09:28 AM
How's Business?

Ramumba,

Do you think your posts here help convince anyone of your point of view and or help your business?

Ken

ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 09:31 AM

KAT54
If you do not know by yourself, please don´t say other people´s lies.
I have not even one problem with authorities or even an investigation open on me, Buenaventura hotel is open for business and has never been closed by the government or even by us, it is open for business as it has allways been and ready to receive our guests.
The only place that has been closed is El Sargazo restaurant, when they caught them selling sea turtle and a week ago, when they caught them with 3 Kg. of COCAINE and were put in jail 72 hours, but the Olivia´s restaurant has nothing to do with Buenaventura Hotel, it is in Federal Zone, out of my property.
So please people, try to say here only what you know by first hand, by your own experience.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2009 at 09:42 AM

I have never taken one side or the other because I do not know the truth. I do in fact like hearing from both sides because it gives them a place to vent or explain their side even though this is not a court of law and nothing can get resolved here. I would like to continue hearing from each side until their issues are resolved in court.

Pages:  1  ..  38    40    42  ..  93

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.