BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  39    41    43  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico

It doesn't go into effect until July 29th.

Well...you know that and I know that, but it seems some arn't going to wait till the horses have left the gate to cry foul. It's just so empowering for them to run around yelling, "Racist", and I am so sick of hearing it.

[Edited on 5-14-2010 by DENNIS]
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

This is the part of the law I really don't like:

"makes it illegal to harbor, transport, conceal or shield someone you know or should know is in this country illegally"

There's nothing new about this. Good Samaritans working in the desert distributing water to predetermined spots can't and won't take a person to a hospital if they find him almost dead from dehydration.
There is a lot of uglyness involved with this issue, but there can't be exceptions for every perceived occasion.

Very good point sir.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 12:08 PM

Zonies?:biggrin:Oh yea, another label for anybody that doesn't live in the areas deemed "enlightened". Sounds better than "racist". Why the heck are these CA liberals trying to sell their homes and move to "zonie" country?:biggrin:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 12:31 PM
Another GOOD reason to Visit Arizona

You're GUARANTEED not to run into Mexicorndog, Bajaoddball, GoatScheisse or ANY other of the Liberal Rats since they're Boycotting. Hopefully, those among them that actually live in Arizona will be true to their principles and get out, making it a far better place to live.

We should DEMAND that EVERY Left-Winger stand true to those principles and go somewhere else. Don't compromise. GO !

As an aside, the safest place to be in Arizona should now be the Ice Cream Parlors since Offal Obi has warned the Illegals that taking their kids there will result in their being deported.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 01:20 PM

I read something quite interesting this morning. While I understand that many factors and issues have fueled the AZ drive to pass and implement the law in question, no doubt a key element that has been voiced over and over is crime. So, what about it?

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, violent crime rate changes 2002- 2008 for key US border towns and cities:

San Diego- -16%
Nogales- + 2%
El Paso- -30%
Laredo- + 1%
Brownsville- -33%

So, whatever the perception, or the spin, the numbers don't lie. And fundamentally, given the relatively small population base in Nogales and Laredo, the rate is statistically unchanged.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 01:49 PM

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

• In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/tit...

Subsection 1324(c) of Title 8 specifically authorizes state and local officers "whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws" to make arrests for violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324. There is also a general federal statute which authorizes certain local officials to make arrests for violations of federal statutes, 18 U.S.C. § 3041. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has held that 18 U.S.C. § 3041 authorizes those local officials to issue process for the arrest, to be executed by law enforcement officers. See United States v. Bowdach, 561 F.2d 1160, 1168 (5th Cir. 1977).

Rule 4(a)(1) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provides that an arrest warrant "shall be executed by a marshal or by some other officer authorized by law." The phrase, "some other officer," includes state and local officers. Bowdach, supra.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Zonies?:biggrin:Oh yea, another label for anybody that doesn't live in the areas deemed "enlightened". Sounds better than "racist". Why the heck are these CA liberals trying to sell their homes and move to "zonie" country?:biggrin:

I would think the driver is economics, not politics. California is screwed!
By the way, California is pretty well split between Conservatives and Liberals and has crazies of all stripes.:yawn:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
"makes it illegal to harbor, transport, conceal or shield someone you know or should know is in this country illegally"

How does officer barney fife or sherriff jim clark determine that you "should know?"

Will cops now stop and hassle any and all people traveling with latinos?

Is no one safe in arizona?

[Edited on 5-14-2010 by mtgoat666]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Is no one safe in arizona?

Only the citizens....for a change.

Who let you out of your pen?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:16 PM

mtgoat666. "Barney Fife"? Wasn't he one of those 60's TV stars? Let me see? Let's do the math! That was 50 years ago.:o This is 2010, for God's sake! Is there any chance that times have changed?:lol:
amirravon
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:33 PM

How do i Unsubscribe from this never ending post ?

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:41 PM

amirravon, :biggrin:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
"Barney Fife"? That was 50 years ago.
This is 2010, for God's sake! Is there any chance that times have changed?

The friendly aspects of Barney Fife law enforcement are long gone in Arizona. Cops in Arizona are now like Sherriff Jim Clark.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amirravon
How do i Unsubscribe from this never ending post ?

Vote with your feet. :lol:
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
I read something quite interesting this morning. While I understand that many factors and issues have fueled the AZ drive to pass and implement the law in question, no doubt a key element that has been voiced over and over is crime. So, what about it?

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, violent crime rate changes 2002- 2008 for key US border towns and cities:

San Diego- -16%
Nogales- + 2%
El Paso- -30%
Laredo- + 1%
Brownsville- -33%

So, whatever the perception, or the spin, the numbers don't lie. And fundamentally, given the relatively small population base in Nogales and Laredo, the rate is statistically unchanged.

And cities in Arizona?

Not heard anybody challenge the stat that Phoenix is number 2 in the world in kidnappings. Is it accurate or no?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 04:42 PM

My friend. I agree that drug related and illegal immigrant crime is a major problem for the big cities where the majority of the drug sales are accomplished. I just think that in an overall view, big cities have a major incidence of felony crime, that would not necessarily be reduced by a much in the absence of the illegal thing. Because the overwhelming number of illegals are just seeking menial work. They are not standing on the corner hawking drugs for the cartels. They are at the Home Depot, looking for an honest day's work to feed their children.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 09:30 PM
Seeking Menial Work ?

So far, I haven't seen a study done on EXACTLY what sort of menial work that the High proportion of Illegal Aliens in Prison were seeking.

It would be interesting to know that. Seems like the kind of work and workers to be avoided.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2010 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
My friend. I agree that drug related and illegal immigrant crime is a major problem for the big cities where the majority of the drug sales are accomplished. I just think that in an overall view, big cities have a major incidence of felony crime, that would not necessarily be reduced by a much in the absence of the illegal thing. Because the overwhelming number of illegals are just seeking menial work. They are not standing on the corner hawking drugs for the cartels. They are at the Home Depot, looking for an honest day's work to feed their children.

How do you know the guys at Home Depot are illegal? Are you profiling?

Dave
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 5-14-2010 at 10:17 PM
That's rich

Quote:
They are at the Home Depot, looking for an honest day's work to feed their children.

I'm sure those doing the hiring will check SS#'s and pay appropriate taxes and withholding.

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2010 at 12:22 AM

Is anyone out there? Would you please stand up? Even Dennis has let me down with his last post and he's almost a Mexican.

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
 Pages:  1  ..  39    41    43  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.