Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  41    43    45  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:31 AM

For those who live in Mexico, you can U2U Doug at Bajanomad and he will give you the account number for FDT's Banamex account and it is simple to transfer funds to that account either from a Bancomer or a Banamex bank.

Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:44 AM

This is amazing. Scary and tragic, but the nomad side of this is incredibly inspirational.

Doug: If there's a better way than Discover Baja to get money to whoever needs it from the states, please U2U me the options. I don't know Ron personally, but I'm sold on the nomads helping Nomads thing. Huge round of applause for those working tirelessly to make things happen for Ron and his family. Nomads Rule.

yuletide
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
Thanks you, Blanca. I sent the letter. We will see if he notices our appeals.
Suzanne

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by redmesa]

I sent it as well. I also attached the Sig On San Diego article so that they can see that our media is aware of the incident.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

...If you haven't picked up on it yet... Ron has not yet gone in for surgery. Latest "promise" is for this evening. His surgery is supposed to take 5-8 hours, and as it's not life-threatening...

Questions Ron's medical advocate/decision maker may want to ask to help them plan ahead:

What part of his "jaw" is broken?
Are facial bones involved?
What is the surgery they plan to do?

5-8 hrs is a long time for the repair/wiring of a simple lower jaw (mandibular) fracture and the fact they were concerned about having blood on hand makes me wonder if there is more involved. Facial bone fractures can accompany jaw injuries and that surgical repair is more involved and can require a return to ICU after surgery, usually only briefly though. Not always, but sometimes.

If the doctor hasn't already explained the extent of his "jaw" injury and the procedure they plan to do, his family might want to find out to help them plan for the days ahead.

No matter what, get the blender ready for him - and not just for his margaritas. bummer. :(

He might run out of note paper too in the days ahead (in case it's hard to understand him with his mouth wired shut). An Etch-a-sketch works great but maybe there's something more high tech nowadays.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
No matter what, get the blender ready for him - and not just for his margaritas. bummer. :(

I was in the VA hospital, many times, but once with a guy who had a broken jaw with enough wire to build a fence.
Well....he had cheeseburger cravings so they got a few burgers of his own personal selection and blended them, one at a time, to a thick liquid. He took them through a straw and that satisfied the cravings. I guess they taste the same no matter how you abuse them.

I can see them now...a six-pak of McJesses.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 12:54 PM

I wonder if Del Carmen is a hot-zone? We'll have to get him wired [or unwired] up.
BillP
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
I bet he types...well.

>>> laptop + external keyboard
He could also use a texting type cell phone, just don't hit send.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 12:58 PM

Hope he and his lady make a full recovery. They've taken a hard hit. A very hard hit.:(
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 01:08 PM

My daughter, Juanita, was born in Sanatorio Del Carmen in 1968.What a coincidence.I almost died there that night.Hemmoraged in my room, was found in a pool of blood, unconcience.That was a VERY long time ago tho, and all the nurses were Nuns and wore Habits.They had never seen a La Maz, natural birth in that hospital until me either.I'm sayin prayers for Ron and Cristina and am so glad they will both be alright!!What a feaky experience.God speed both of you...Sally

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I was in the VA hospital, many times, but once with a guy who had a broken jaw with enough wire to build a fence.
Well....he had cheeseburger cravings so they got a few burgers of his own personal selection and blended them, one at a time, to a thick liquid. He took them through a straw and that satisfied the cravings. I guess they taste the same no matter how you abuse them.

I can see them now...a six-pak of McJesses.

I had a patient with his jaws wired come in to the ER after attempting to "drink" a burrito. He said "I couldn't stand liquids any more!"

He wasn't in a acute state. But he didn't press "liquefy" long enough and he couldn't get the clumps out from behind the wires at home. I tried, but wasn't successful perfoming a complete extraction and we had to snip the wires.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 01:41 PM

Wow! I was out of town when this happened so just now catching up on this expansive thread! I am really glad to see Ron's condition has improved and love seeing all the support from the Baja Nomad family! Hang in there amigo!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gruñón
I was with Ron at about 11 this morning for a while.
He is alert and talking but softly.

He said he did not remember what happened.
I told him to ask three people and he would get three versions and he can pick the one he likes.

He said to say "HI and thank you all"

He is in room 102.

Enter the building and make a left. Room 102 is on your left about 3 doors down.

Hey there, Gruñon.....good to see you.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 02:10 PM

Woooo Hooo it's Gruñon...Hola Hermano!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 02:11 PM

Hi all;
Last night little Sofia and myself got home to Tijuana pretty late and this morning I have been totaly busy with obligations but here we go again.
As you all read from Sirenita's report, Cristina is doing much much better and is very grateful for all your prayers for her and Ron. She is beeing well taken care of at Hospital General and should be out soon. I don't want to be repetitive from what you have read here as I was reporting to Doug and also KASHEYDOG via Nextel as I was down in Ensenada.
As you've also read Ron is no longer in ICU, he has been transfered to a regular hospital room in Sanatorio del Carmen (it should be "Sanatorio Del Crimen" because of the rates they charge) it will now be a lower daily rate, plus of course gloves, water, medicines, kleenex, etc., etc.
I must say that Ron is doing very well, considering the injuries he had by the beasts that got him. He recognized me immediatly as I walked into the IC yesterday and was very happy to see me. I told him how much everyone on Baja Nomad cared for his well beeing and that you all send your best wishes for his fast recovery. We held hands like forever, what a guy. As you've also read, the story he knows is that he suffered a big fall and that is why he's in the hospital and to fix his broken jaw. He's been told Cristina is in Tijuana with a terrible cold and migranes and can not visit him at the moment. He told me he felt as if someone was repeatedly hitting him in the head and kept hitting him and hitting him. I told him it was because of the fall he hit himself a lot. In any case he has dificulty talking and it takes a while to get used to listening to him and understand what he's saying because of the broken jaw but all in all he is very strong man and is going to come out of this very soon.
Laura and her family have been with him for a few days now and the must return to take care of her children so I'm taking over for her and will be staying by Rons bedside until Christine, his daughter arrives. I'll be doing "El Grito" from the Hospital tonight :light:
Now even thou they will both be getting out of this, do not think Ron or Cristina will be starting work the following day. Their care must continue and will probably go on for over a monthe at least, not at hospitals but with someone taking care of them. I'm not sure but I believe Christine has made some arrangements for them and if iit's in the Tijuana Rosarito area I will be there for them.
I would like to thank the people that have pledge donations to help pay for the hospital bills, without your help it would have been really hard on the Hoff's.
Ok. If there is internet at the hospital I plan to be posting from there.
Now I'll get to the U2U's I have, go finish getting things in order here with the kids and hotels and I'll be on my way to Ensenada.
Saludos
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gruñón
Forgot to mention that tho Ron and I have *talked* on the net for years we had never met.

That's a surprise. Vince and Kathleen are going to see him today and I just remembered he's been moved. I guess they'll find him.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 04:13 PM

As I'm waiting for updates, I do want to throw kudos to the little mermaid for helping provide info.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 04:33 PM

Here's an update for ya.
The hospital has been putting off the operation for various reasons, one being they had to go to the states to get needed parts for the surgery.
Specifically, I don't know what those could be, but I'm sure there's a lot of hardware involved.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
"eBay for Charity is an easy way for buyers and sellers on eBay.com to support their favorite charities".

I have lots of Jeep parts that I need to get rid of.:light:

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

That's a surprise. Vince and Kathleen are going to see him today and I just remembered he's been moved. I guess they'll find him.

Dennis--------are you speaking of NOMAD "Vince"???

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Dennis--------are you speaking of NOMAD "Vince"???

Barry

Not exactly, Barry. He's Nomad Bajamigo.
 Pages:  1  ..  41    43    45  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.