for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:04 PM

>>> he was too "hypertensive" <<<

?? I wonder if this means his blood pressure was too high?

Unless they are doing jaw surgery with a local, wouldn't he be sedated before an operation?

[Edited on 9-16-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:19 PM

it made me awfully hypertense when I heard that....grrrr

good night john boy

hang in there Ron boy

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:27 PM

we need to pray harder, people ! can't wait to see Ron participating on this board .... anyone out there able to answer David's question ?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:31 PM

Again, I'm not a doctor nor have I ever played one, but the way it was explained to us at the hospital suggested that no cutting would be done. Here's an item I googled which may describe what Ron is about to encounter:

"Many mandible fractures are stable, and the only treatment required is wiring the upper and lower teeth together. This will most commonly be performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon."

I guess you'd have to be pretty relaxed to sit still for this procedure, especially when you're in pain.

Chrissie_Hoff

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:33 PM

No apology needed, we are all here with one goal and that goal was to get Cristina and my dad out of the hospital walking and in good spirits!!!!

Like I said before, the 1 st and best lesson I learn from my dad is we are human, and that is why we all have different opinions, maybe I was wrong, but the outcome looks good!!!

So I don't know about you, but I can wait to meet all of you!!!!! I owe so much to each one of you, I don't know bow to start....

So if anytime you want to stop by Bakersfield instead of just drive by.... You have my home with open doors!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 09:38 PM

Thank you very much!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:06 PM

hi Chrissie ! everything is looking so much better now You must be so relieved....did you see the offer of a place to stay in Ensenada mentioned above ?

buenas noches and good EL GRITO to all.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Chrissie_Hoff

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:32 PM

I did. Not sure where are we staying yet, but I will keep the offer in mind!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
So, a couple of things. I'm hoping for better clarification....

Ron went in for the procedure on his jaw around 6pm - as noted by Shari. They were expecting a 3 hour procedure (that was the most recent estimate).

He was brought back out of the procedure sometime at or shortly after 7pm. Said he was too "hypertensive" making it difficult to work on him and complete the procedure. So, they've set his jaw better, but the procedure is not complete (but his mouth is shut with openings on the corners for liquid nourishment). Apparently he could leave tomorrow if he chose to do so (and receive a refund on the incomplete procedure), but it would be in his best interest to get the procedure completed. Sounds like they (the hospital/doctor) would like to see him stay another day or two to try again (and get his tension level down?).

Some of today's good news is that it was felt Cristina had recovered enough to give her the option of being discharged today or staying another night at the General Hospital. She did decide to stay the extra night.

Sounds like there could be a reunion of the two tomorrow. Depends on what the family decides. Cristina could potentially go stay with family in Tijuana, or find a way to stay in Ensenada closer to Ron. I'd imagine that would be decided tomorrow, or sometime soon.

-
Doug

[Edited on 9-16-2011 by BajaNomad]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 10:43 PM

During surgery, or in this case, wiring your jaws together, you would most probably need anesthesia. During a procedure, a person can develop high blood pressure. There is a potent drug called Sodium Nitroprusside, that can drop your blood pressure to a manageable level. I have seen anesthesiologists refuse to do surgery on people because of high blood pressure. But they can also use this drug to lower the blood pressure to a manageable level during surgery. It all depends on the anesthesiologist.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 9-15-2011 at 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
During surgery, or in this case, wiring your jaws together, you would most probably need anesthesia. During a procedure, a person can develop high blood pressure. There is a potent drug called Sodium Nitroprusside, that can drop your blood pressure to a manageable level. I have seen anesthesiologists refuse to do surgery on people because of high blood pressure. But they can also use this drug to lower the blood pressure to a manageable level during surgery. It all depends on the anesthesiologist.

I'm STILL biting my tongue here...
:saint::saint::rolleyes:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:06 AM

Waiting for equipment to do surgery is common in Ensenada. I assisted Dr. Morfin of the Military Hospital in many surgeries and he had to wait for screws and bolts and different orthopedic equipment from Mexico City many times. Ace Hardware and Home Depot didn't have what he was looking for unfortunately. On my way to San Diego this morning to go to court on a ticket I paid that turned into a failure to appear..! Then I just got my brakes fixed at Cabrera's brakes in town a few weeks ago and they are making noises so I need to go there first to check them out...seems like I am always following up behind work done badly.....and wasting my time!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Waiting for equipment to do surgery is common in Ensenada. I assisted Dr. Morfin of the Military Hospital in many surgeries and he had to wait for screws and bolts and different orthopedic equipment from Mexico City many times. Ace Hardware and Home Depot didn't have what he was looking for unfortunately. On my way to San Diego this morning to go to court on a ticket I paid that turned into a failure to appear..! Then I just got my brakes fixed at Cabrera's brakes in town a few weeks ago and they are making noises so I need to go there first to check them out...seems like I am always following up behind work done badly.....and wasting my time!!

it seems every day brings more reasons for Ron to have left Mexico for treatment!
this thread is a great sales tool for health insurance and medical evacuation insurance!
good luck Ron!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:30 AM

"Dr. Morfin" - I love it. Always something to smile about on Nomads.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:37 AM

Ahhh Igor....Ya just know we're gonna be laughing about that with Ron for many years to come...just too good.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:13 AM

Ha Ha the funny thing is that Dr. Morfin does NOT like to overuse pain medications...in fact, he NEVER uses narcotics post-op...I recommend to all my American friends to bring "the good stuff" down from their doctors in the US because its very rare that you will get narcotics for any post surgical procedure in Mex..as my friend did when she had plastic surgery with Dr. Gongora at Genesis Clinic in Rosarito...he was great...oh well got to go...a LONNGGG day awaits me in San Diego!!
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:17 AM

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

New Physician.jpg - 10kB

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:19 AM

Sweet Sister Mophin(e) Jagger/Richards. Where's the photo from?? Marijuana Madness? Hilarious! Good to laugh to ease the pressure. Glad the reports are more positive. Tio
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs

Marijuana Madness?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6696582420128930236...
 Pages:  1  ..  43    45    47  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.