Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  44    46    48  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
BajaDove
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:39 AM

Yesterday the sun was shining. Ron was awake and smiling. Christina was on her way to recovery. Nomads were giving each other verbal hugs. Even the infamous Elinvestigator saw what light a little love can bring. HOW CAN A DAY GET BETTER?

If its not where it is, its where it isn\'t.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge

also unintentionally(?) funny.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Nun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lhzEKCHiw
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 09:28 AM

What a nice way to wake-up! A little good news go a long way these days. Now I keep thinking someone will start a new BAJA LIST about safety and medical issues. People, places, numbers and things???? I would start it but I know so very little. This event has been true learning experience for me and I am happy as can be that it is coming to a positive resolution.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
What a nice way to wake-up! A little good news go a long way these days. Now I keep thinking someone will start a new BAJA LIST about safety and medical issues. People, places, numbers and things???? I would start it but I know so very little. This event has been true learning experience for me and I am happy as can be that it is coming to a positive resolution.

Its fantastic they both are doing so good.
As far as a list of do's and dont's Good luck down here you most likeky NEVER get the same answer to a question two times in a row. I have come to belive they like it that way.:lol::lol::lol:
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
it seems every day brings more reasons for Ron to have left Mexico for treatment!
this thread is a great sales tool for health insurance and medical evacuation insurance!
good luck Ron!

Yeah, if you can afford it. A better sales tool would be to lower the price. I have a buddy, 60 years old, that just sent me an email saying his monthly premiums went up to $850 a month. Plus he has copays and an annual deductible to cover.

The cost/benefit analysis is a tough one if you're not working and living off of savings hundreds of miles from the border. Most Americans living in Baja count their pennies.

From what I've read the medical folks in Ensenada saved their lives for a lot less money. They should be thanked, not dissed.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
ocotillo

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Now I keep thinking someone will start a new BAJA LIST about safety and medical issues. People, places, numbers and things???? I would start it but I know so very little. This event has been true learning experience for me and I am happy as can be that it is coming to a positive resolution.

redmesa, Good idea, see my post on p. 36 it's a start...........
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Said he was too "hypertensive" making it difficult to work on him and complete the procedure.

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Ha Ha the funny thing is that Dr. Morfin does NOT like to overuse pain medications...in fact, he NEVER uses narcotics post-op...I recommend to all my American friends to bring "the good stuff" down from their doctors in the US because its very rare that you will get narcotics for any post surgical procedure in Mex..as my friend did when she had plastic surgery with Dr. Gongora at Genesis Clinic in Rosarito...he was great...oh well got to go...a LONNGGG day awaits me in San Diego!!

The human body is amazing and highly adaptive. When you consider what Ron's body has gone through and the pain he is experiencing, YES his blood pressure should be elevated if not SKY HIGH! Unless he has underlying health problems such as hypertension, heart etc, his pain could be the reason for his "too hypertensive"...and a little pain management/sedation could lower his B/P readings. Pain medication when used in the proper way is not only for pain but to allow the body to start the healing process.

Best wishes for a speedy and pain free recovery.

I will keep my professionsl opinion to myself on his broken jaw.

Karen
Twenty five years - General Dental Assistant
Five years - Head Periodontal Surgical Assistant with IV Sedation
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

ROFLMAO!!!!! Love it, that post just made my whole day!

Ok now on to more serious issues...after another LONG day at the hospital, and a great dinner with great friends, new and old I finally have a few minutes (and really only a few minutes) to sit on my couch at home and just chill, watch tv and catch up on this thread.

I won't repeat what has been said earlier on the thread don't worry!

I just heard from Fdt a little while ago and he was on his way to the hospital General to see Cristina, Ron is asking why she doesn't call and why her phone is off, so Ferna is trying to figure out a way to communicate them. Cristina should be out of the hospital later today.
Ron apparently wants to go home, he is super bored and tired of lying down.

It appears that since Cristina is well on her way to recovery she will be able to be reunited with Ron, maybe even as early as today, so that they can make what ever decisions they have coming up together.

At the moment I've got a house to clean..it's amazing what 4-5 days with out a woman present can turn a house in to! After a quick sweep and clean up we are heading out to meet with Bajafam and fdt, who's wonderful daughter spent the night at our house, going for a bite to eat then back to the hospital to see Ron.

TTYL <3

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Now I keep thinking someone will start a new BAJA LIST about safety and medical issues. People, places, numbers and things????

#1 on the list:

http://www.uzitalk.com/images/mini.gif
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:47 AM
Catastrophy Insurance

I just got quotes from GNP Seguros in Loreto for Medical / Catastrophy Insurance.
I am 62 - $3400 USD per year. with 22,500 pesos deductible.
My husband is 56 - $2400 USD per year with same deductible.

There is a lower cost policy, but the deductible is 33,500 pesos.

Also there is IMSS for just every day stuff . . .
3472 Pesos per year for me and 2307 pesos per year for my husband.

These quotes are from 2 weeks ago.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:48 AM

Number one on the list is to START start making the list.

However...somewhere near or at the top of the list is to always carry a can of "BEAR MACE", even for a walk down the beach. It's for sale in many places on the web, as well as ebay.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 10:58 AM

Maybe now that Rons approaching normal (whatever that is) consciouness and if he is asking about whats going on back at his house.

Chava related to us that he erected a temporary gate at the house so that the dogs could be left to run loose for more security. Ron has a beautiful tall stone fence around his property. Chava also took the liberty of moving Rons tools to a safer location.
Chava is planning on visiting Ron and Cristina this saturday, he will be finished working with us by end of today.

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 11:08 AM

Chupa,
How does one go about signing up for either one of the policies you are referring to?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chupa
I just got quotes from GNP Seguros in Loreto for Medical / Catastrophy Insurance.
I am 62 - $3400 USD per year. with 22,500 pesos deductible.
My husband is 56 - $2400 USD per year with same deductible.

There is a lower cost policy, but the deductible is 33,500 pesos.

Also there is IMSS for just every day stuff . . .
3472 Pesos per year for me and 2307 pesos per year for my husband.

These quotes are from 2 weeks ago.

Udo

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 11:46 AM

Ron and Cristina, Get well soon!;D
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 11:46 AM

For the every day IMSS coverage, go to the administrative office of your local IMSS hospital or clinic and ask for a quote. They will have you bring your FMT or FM whatever, a photo or 2 and make an appointment for an examine with their Dr. and voila, you hopefully will be accepted. This does not cover pre-existing conditions.

But is great for x rays, prescriptions, etc.

The GNP Seguros is a huge company and should have a local representative. In Loreto it is Arturo Mercado.
ocotillo

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 11:48 AM

Chupa - Udo, check it out.............

http://www.escapeartist.com/Expatriate_Insurance/
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 11:55 AM
escapeartist.com

At the very top of their newsletter it says " well, here we are into the summer of 2009". . . that knocks them out of the running for me immediately because I don't look at anything on the internet that hasn't been updated within the last 6 months. If they want my money, it's got to be absolutely current information. What companies are still operating and what are not?

True at the bottom of the site it has a 2011 date, but that is just for copyrite validity.

But it is an interesting site that I had never heard of before and will probably look at every now and then.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:00 PM

Gracias for the info, ocotillo...

and a gracious welcome to BAJANOMAD

Udo

ocotillo

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:09 PM

Thank you Udo, been here before off & on over the years w/ different handles/email acct's, but like a wayward child of Baja I always return..........
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:30 PM

dennis...i'm gonna need a bigger purse man.

karen I for one would appreciate hearing your theory on jaw operations and the process better explained...especially with your experience.

ron & cristina will be united finally which will lead to them getting on the long road to recovery...that sure is gonna be an emotional scene!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  ..  44    46    48  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.