BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  45    47    49  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2010 at 11:02 PM

If you want to know about corruption within ICE at San Ysidro you can do a search and find a long list of cases, it's also reported in their annual report. I am sure you could get anecdotal stories here, but just do a search to see more.

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050607-1354-bo...

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=39929

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061022/news_1m22co...

http://www.redcounty.com/deep-throat-double-cross-how-us-gov...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8290118
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2008/12/homelan...

http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/download/cobb/caganap6115...

http://www.citizensforethics.org/files/DHS_report_final.pdf

According to the report linked above, San Diego has the largest number of cases of corruption of any region of DHS in 2006 and CBP has the most cases of corruption under investigation.

"In 2006, Internal Affairs investigators conducted more than 600 probes into criminal activity of immigration employees nationwide." p50

[Edited on 5-18-2010 by gnukid]
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 05:32 AM

Dumb question.

If this law is just like the federal law, why is it needed?

AZ cops should simply enforce the federal law.

Untangling Immigration's Double Helix

[Edited on 5-18-2010 by k-rico]

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 07:38 AM

The more things change the more they stay the same :

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

In Memory of E-57
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 07:40 AM

Krico There is a failure and breakdown of the federal government. The people of the State are reaffirming the rule of law.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 07:42 AM

Yes by why do they need a new law? They could just instruct the local cops to enforce the federal law. Couldn't they?

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 07:49 AM

Here is something that was forwarded to me by my accountant:

Mexicans here and in Mexico are rather upset by the recent enactment of stricter anti-illegal alien laws by Arizona's governor.

In light of the following, that position demonstrates the typical double standard used by race-hustlers and assorted something-for-nothings. Read on, and read it to the end.

New Immigration Laws: Read to the bottom or you will miss the message...

1 There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.

2. All ballots will be in this nation's language.

3. All government business will be conducted in our language.

4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office

6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Too strict?......

The above laws are the current immigration laws of MEXICO !!!

These sound fine to me, NOW, how can we get these laws to be America's immigration laws??

WAKE UP, AMERICA - we are about to lose our country..........

I think that Americans living in Mexico have accepted the above laws, and it's nothing that any of us will ever change.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:08 AM

This was written by a Mexican who is now a naturalized US Citizen, and I think it's a great explanation of the illegal immigration issue.

Here is the quote:

"If you had tickets to a sports event, concert, Disneyland, or for an airline flight, and when you got to your assigned seat you found someone else was in that seat, what would you do? You would call for a person in charge of ticket checking and have the person in your seat removed. You would properly be asked to show your ticket, and you would gladly and proudly do so, for you have bought and paid for that seat. The person in your seat would also be asked for a ticket, which they would not be able to produce. They would be called "gate crashers" and they would properly be removed.

Now in this huge stadium called the USA we have had (tens of) millions of gate crashers. We have been asking security to check for tickets and remove the gate crashers. We have been asking security to have better controls in checking at the door. We have asked security to lock the back doors. Security has failed us. They are still looking the other way. They are afraid to ask to see the tickets. Many people say there is unlimited seating, and whether there is or not, no one should be allowed in for free while the rest of us pay full price!

In "section AZ", of "Stadium USA", we have had enough of the failures of Security. We have decided to do our own ticket checking, and properly remove those who do not have tickets. Now it seems very strange to me that so many people in the other 49 "sections", and even many in our own "section" do not want tickets checked, or even to be asked to show their ticket! Even the head of Security is chastising us, while not doing his own job which he has sworn to do.

My own ticket has been bought and paid for, so I am proudly going to show it when asked to do so. I have a right to my seat, and I want the gate crashers to be asked to show their tickets too. The only reason that I can imagine anyone objecting to being asked for their ticket is that they are in favor of gate crashing, and all of the illegal activities that go with it, such as drug smuggling, gang wars, murder, human smuggling for profit, and many more illegal and inhumane acts that we are trying to prevent with our new legislation.

Is that what I am hearing from all of the protestors such as Phoenix Mayor Gordon, US Rep. Grijalva, even President Obama? If you are not in favor of showing tickets, (proof of citizenship, passport, green card, or other legal document) when asked, as I would do proudly, then you must be condoning those illegal activities."

Written by a US Citizen, Globe, Arizona.

This makes perfect sense to me. What do you think?

Since Obama has never shown his ticket, I guess he feels obligated to not ask others to show theirs.:smug:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:31 AM

Udo & Capt. Mike----------I don't believe that anybody can make the point any better than that (last two posts)

WELL DONE, both of you, and the author of that brilliant piece.

That should be a "closer" to this thread if I ever saw one.

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Udo & Capt. Mike----------I don't believe that anybody can make the point any better than that (last two posts)

Barry

X2 :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:42 AM

The above post said:

"WAKE UP, AMERICA - we are about to lose our country.........."

Well if that happens, I have a map so you can find it.

Seriously, tell me, what does that statement mean?

Give it your best shot. ;)

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Since Obama has never shown his ticket, I guess he feels obligated to not ask others to show theirs.:smug:

Are you a birther??

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
The above post said:

Didn't the Greeks say something about wake up, you're spending and borrowing us into oblivion? Oh, that's right, their Greeks, we're Americans, it can't happen here.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
The above post said:

We are transforming our belief systems.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Quote:
The above post said:

We are transforming our belief systems.

Care to elaborate?

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:10 AM

Quote:

Barry

So because Mexico has strict immigration laws, and based on ONE naturalized citizens opinion---case closed?

Difficult to understand how one can base their opinion about this subject based on another country's laws and the opinion of one person.

But I guess it is a simple solution.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:12 AM

wow... is it really that hard to understand? :o:?:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

No----some people really do like simple solutions and answers to everything---makes life easier for them.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

Barry

So because Mexico has strict immigration laws, and based on ONE naturalized citizens opinion---case closed?

Difficult to understand how one can base their opinion about this subject based on another country's laws and the opinion of one person.

Diane-------you are being too literal----widen your perspective some------the jist of what Udo and Capt. Mike posted was an excellent piece describing where we Arizona supporters generally stand on this issue--------don't try to break it up into it's parts or you will lose the entire meaning of what was said.

In that respect, yes, it is a "closer" in that it represents where many of us stand on this issue----nothing more, nothing less. I especially liked the Capt. Mike post in it's simplicity and clarity----it represents what MANY of us are trying to say, not-with-standing that OF COURSE it was written by just one person-----comprende????

Barry
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

No----some people really do like simple solutions and answers to everything---makes life easier for them.

-----and THAT is the way you solve problems!!!!!!!!! hence KISS (keep it simple, stupid)

Barry
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2010 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Diane-------you are being too literal----widen your perspective some------the jist of what Udo and Capt. Mike posted was an excellent piece describing where we Arizona supporters generally stand on this issue--------don't try to break it up into it's parts or you will lose the entire meaning of what was said.

In that respect, yes, it is a "closer" in that it represents where many of us stand on this issue----nothing more, nothing less. I especially liked the Capt. Mike post in it's simplicity and clarity----it represents what MANY of us are trying to say, not-with-standing that OF COURSE it was written by just one person-----comprende????

Barry

Yes, that I can agree with that what the the one person wrote did speak well for what some of you believe---but does that make it a thread closer? WHY? End of discussion? Why---is that the LAST and only valid opinion around?

And I still think the immigration laws of any other country should have no standing in a discussion about our countries immigration laws.

But on the other hand, I still believe that many are looking for simple solutions---the simple answers to complicated problems, and far too often the simple solutions ignore the human aspect of the problem.

OK, back to lurking on this thread-----but still curious if Capt. Mike is a birther.

Pages:  1  ..  45    47    49  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.