Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  45    47    49  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ocotillo
Thank you Udo, been here before off & on over the years w/ different handles/email acct's, but like a wayward child of Baja I always return..........

OhOh........RED FLAG!!! :lol::lol::lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ron & cristina will be united finally which will lead to them getting on the long road to recovery...that sure is gonna be an emotional scene!!!

They better have a shrink standing in the hallway. This may be when all the bones are unburied.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Chava is planning on visiting Ron and Cristina this saturday, he will be finished working with us by end of today.

Astrobaja,

We would like contact # for Chava, or for him to directly contact FDT in Ensenada - a.s.a.p. Please check u2u for more info.

Thank you!

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:18 PM
Karen you make an excellent point

Quote:
Originally posted by karenintx
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Said he was too "hypertensive" making it difficult to work on him and complete the procedure.

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Ha Ha the funny thing is that Dr. Morfin does NOT like to overuse pain medications...in fact, he NEVER uses narcotics post-op...I recommend to all my American friends to bring "the good stuff" down from their doctors in the US because its very rare that you will get narcotics for any post surgical procedure in Mex..as my friend did when she had plastic surgery with Dr. Gongora at Genesis Clinic in Rosarito...he was great...oh well got to go...a LONNGGG day awaits me in San Diego!!

The human body is amazing and highly adaptive. When you consider what Ron's body has gone through and the pain he is experiencing, YES his blood pressure should be elevated if not SKY HIGH! Unless he has underlying health problems such as hypertension, heart etc, his pain could be the reason for his "too hypertensive"...and a little pain management/sedation could lower his B/P readings. Pain medication when used in the proper way is not only for pain but to allow the body to start the healing process.

Best wishes for a speedy and pain free recovery.

I will keep my professionsl opinion to myself on his broken jaw.

Karen
Twenty five years - General Dental Assistant
Five years - Head Periodontal Surgical Assistant with IV Sedation
astrobaja
Senior Nomad

Mood: beam me up

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:20 PM

I'll see if we can get a call out using our cell phone amplifier, sometimes it works sometimes no. But for sure later today Chava will call Ferna!

Mike

\"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened\"

Douglas Adams

our website: http://bajadarkskies.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:20 PM

Happy reuniting Cristina y Ron - q les vaya super bien en estas tristes circunstancias ...

Happy Mexican Independence Day to all BajaNomaders !

It must be so boring to be in a hospital bed AND to not be able to use the internet horrible to wonder Where is my Wifey ?!! I'm hurting here !

I for one am glad that I am not around for this reunion being the crybaby that I am ... tears spill over now just thinking about it.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:24 PM
Pain Management

Sorry Karen I did want to post something but I still haven't got all the kinks out..with practice I will be able to quote your statement...and you are PERFECTLY correct, without proper pain management, blood pressure can go sky high..that is one reason why the scarce to none use of narcotics in pain management and post op patients can complicate the patients....your point was something that I had for a minute forgotten, but lack of proper pain management with adequate medication (here in Mexico they rely on anti inflammatory meds primarily) can be a worrisome issue.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Sorry Karen I did want to post something but I still haven't got all the kinks out..with practice I will be able to quote your statement...and you are PERFECTLY correct, without proper pain management, blood pressure can go sky high..that is one reason why the scarce to none use of narcotics in pain management and post op patients can complicate the patients....your point was something that I had for a minute forgotten, but lack of proper pain management with adequate medication (here in Mexico they rely on anti inflammatory meds primarily) can be a worrisome issue.

Dr,

FYI, Ron has posted that he takes blood pressure medicine.

Ken

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=54361#pid6416...

[Edited on 9-16-2011 by tripledigitken]
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:34 PM

I've started a topic and am going through this thread moving things that to me seem important to that topic. Please help me. I know I have very little knowledge and resources to draw on concerning emergencies in Baja. I would love to know of Doctors in different locals and hospitals and phone numbers to call, ambulance services, money/credit card use at hospitals, etc. Shari and Blanca please help get started with this. Or you can just go at it yourselves.
When we get a list i am going to print it and keep it in my Baja File.
Suzanne
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=54361#pid6416...

Actually:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=54361&pag...

Also:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=32241&pag...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:00 PM

fyi...

Cristina was discharged from the General Hospital today... and if I understood correctly, she's had her hair done, is wearing a neck brace (to conceal her neck wound from Ron), and is in Ron's room at del Carmen right now visiting with him.

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:12 PM
Reunion

Super news - let's hope it's actually happening right now!

John M
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:14 PM

So Ron is being lied to, deceived etc. about what actually took place? Something about all this isn't sounding very good.:O
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
So Ron is being lied to, deceived etc. about what actually took place? Something about all this isn't sounding very good.:O

Well, he's remembering more and more about things that took place...

...and what they tell me they want to do is keep his hypertension, blood pressure, etc.. down, and that he's likely to boil over if he finds out many details of what happened to CRISTINA.

I've received a request from the family that if Ron goes home tonight - and from what I hear he wants out of the hospital a.s.a.p..... that they wish that I might conceal the posts on this thread (like to the newspaper article[s]) - or even the whole thread - for a short time.

Much of this revolves around what discussion Cristina and Ron are having at the hospital right now.

And yes, I'm confirming - again - that she IS at the del Carmen visiting with Ron.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:31 PM

I agree please take it off line as soon as he leaves the hospital until he has recovered! Thank you!

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
And yes, I'm confirming - again - that she IS at the del Carmen visiting with Ron.

Hooray !! :biggrin:
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:33 PM

Trust the folks that are there. They are doing what they think is best for all involved. All of it will come out over time.
Those of us on the sidelines don't get to make the calls or play in the game.
Look at the fire storm we created 3 days ago, didn't change anything.
MMc

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chupa
For the every day IMSS coverage, go to the administrative office of your local IMSS hospital or clinic and ask for a quote. They will have you bring your FMT or FM whatever, a photo or 2 and make an appointment for an examine with their Dr. and voila, you hopefully will be accepted. This does not cover pre-existing conditions.

Isn't this the same policy that DOES COVER pre-existing conditions after the third year of coverage?
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:42 PM
pre existing

Yes it is the same one that after 3 years does cover pre existing conditions.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 02:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Well, he's remembering more and more about things that took place...

...and what they tell me they want to do is keep his hypertension, blood pressure, etc.. down, and that he's likely to boil over if he finds out many details of what happened to CRISTINA.

I've received a request from the family that if Ron goes home tonight - and from what I hear he wants out of the hospital a.s.a.p..... that they wish that I might conceal the posts on this thread (like to the newspaper article[s]) - or even the whole thread - for a short time.

Much of this revolves around what discussion Cristina and Ron are having at the hospital right now.

my advice: just tell him what happened! he will figure it out eventually. all the secrecy may be with good intentionns, but seems to violate his rights to make his own informed decisions about his own health care. how can he understand his treatment options if you lie to him about how it happened?
 Pages:  1  ..  45    47    49  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.