Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
So Ron is being lied to, deceived etc. about what actually took place? Something about all this isn't sounding very good.:O

Well, he's remembering more and more about things that took place...

...and what they tell me they want to do is keep his hypertension, blood pressure, etc.. down, and that he's likely to boil over if he finds out many details of what happened to CRISTINA.

I've received a request from the family that if Ron goes home tonight - and from what I hear he wants out of the hospital a.s.a.p..... that they wish that I might conceal the posts on this thread (like to the newspaper article[s]) - or even the whole thread - for a short time.

Much of this revolves around what discussion Cristina and Ron are having at the hospital right now.

And yes, I'm confirming - again - that she IS at the del Carmen visiting with Ron.

:light:

We start a new thread...........in the General Topics.

A "Get Well" thread with all the funnies and love...no reference to the incident itself.....

I'm out the door here and HAVE to go. DENNIS...you wish to open a new "get well" post?

[Edited on 9-17-2011 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
LVNature

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:19 PM

Sirenita, Well Put.....

His Family should decide on that. His wife made this decision not to inform him now. If she feels that he should be told about it, I am more than confident that she will do so or ask for someone to tell him. She knows Ron more then anyone on this Forum.

I think, we should be glad that they are this well now. Ron is a big boy, and if I had to guess he knows what is going on and he is going along with us.
It was very important that he heard or seen Cristina. She was there and talked to him.
One thing at a time please.
LV
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
I'm out the door here and HAVE to go. DENNIS...you wish to open a new "get well" post?

Sure, Deno....as soon as he is in a condition to read and understand it.

We shouldn't rush these things.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:40 PM

I am happy to hear they had a reunion... Hooray!

Now, tell the man the truth of what happened... he isn't a child... and he isn't waiting for more surgey, right?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:47 PM

Would think it would be rather hard to keep information from this guy, very long... Hi Ron !! :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 9-17-2011 by wessongroup]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:52 PM

so glad that Cristina is up and about !!! Now she gets to make all the decisions along with Chrissy...... The way I see it is: We are off the hook folks, IMHO all we should do now is be on the sidelines and cheer A LOT and be there for the family ..

Congratulations Cristina and Ron on crossing one huge milestone !!!

Our prayers will surely continue so that the road ahead be smoother ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:53 PM

Ok, finaly, out here on the sidewalk I can get signal for my laptop. Christine is on her way down and should be here within the next 4 hours and then the family will be in charge of all the decision making. Thank you all for the support you have provided for Ron and Cristina. As i wrote before, I'm not going to be repetitive since I have been in contact with Doug via Nextel and he has reported to you. I feel honored to have been able to be here these last few days to help out as needed.
I will continue to keep you all informed via Doug of any further developments.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 05:56 PM

you're a good man, Charlie Brown (Ferna!).... Thanks!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LVNature
His wife made this decision not to inform him now.

As noted by LV, this is the request/determination of his wife. I'm told that she did not give him any further details when speaking with him today.

I would agree with another comment earlier that Ron's not an Internet newbie... even if/when I pull this thread (temporarily) - it's quite possible (maybe even likely) that he'll find the detailed stories published in the media anyway.

Looks like he's staying another night at del Carmen.

More donations have come in today from Nomads. Thank you. FDT is picking those up at Western Union right now I believe. It's likely that beyond today, the preferred way of getting donations to the family is sending Western Union to them in Ensenada. I'll let you know.

btw... 2 things we've learned:
- Use Western Union if you need to safely and quickly get $ to someone (at least in Ensenada). They've been flawless. Do not use Moneygram, even though their posted fees are lower.
- Given a choice of sending $ directly to the hospital, or to a family member or advocate... probably the latter, as the former presents some "challenges".

Just sayin'....

-
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:18 PM

Oh My! We just returned home from vacation and just read about this horrible attack. They caught five of the seven and hopefully they will get the other two! I met Ron at the Younghusband presentation in San Diego and have been reading and following his posts and Talk Baja board for quite some time.

Nomads are a special group of people!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:20 PM

Thank you Doug :cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:35 PM

Dear Ron, I'm sending this as a u2u because Doug might shut down your thread any time now. I've held off sending you wishes and I have no more money to send you or anyone.

Lots of stories floating around about just what happened but I want you to know that you are my ultimate hero. You walked in the dark to your neighbor's house where a half dozen young Mexicans were taking your nieghbor's car apart -- there was a terrific melee and when it was all over you and your wife were seriously injured and you had killed all of them barehanded and destroyed their car.

When I learned you needed money for your hospital costs I sold my house and sent the money to somebody in Ensenada to help you.

I don't want you to worry about that part of it but if I ever come up your way and you happen to have some lobster (the co-op) and maybe some beers I wouldn't say no.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:37 PM

Hey Ron,
Well, what can I say you and Cristina SCARED the bejesus out of us!!!! But you both have such warrior spirits that nothing was going to keep you apart. You need to get back to your old gringo loco ways fast and furious. You owe me and the boys dinner at your place. Finish up that kitchen of yours, because as your good neighbor I'll be making frequent stops for dinner. Rumor has it that we left out a few details, but I know that you will figure things out on your own in due time. You can kick our butts later, but for now YOU and Cristina are who matters the most. I have never seen a happier Ron than the one who caressed my phone hearing Cristina's voice. You and Christina are an inspiration to all of us. I wouldn't think twice again to be by your side if you, Christina or Chrissy ever need me. But, don't milk it OK! You got lots of work waiting for you at home. You and Cristina have inspired me to be a better person with a kinder heart. Paz y buena vibra Don Gomez!!!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:41 PM

^^^^^^^^^ end of thread ^^^^^^^^^^

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
I want you to know that you are my ultimate hero. You walked in the dark to your neighbor's house where a half dozen young Mexicans were taking your nieghbor's car apart -- there was a terrific melee and when it was all over you and your wife were seriously injured and you had killed all of them barehanded and destroyed their car.

When I learned you needed money for your hospital costs I sold my house and sent the money to somebody in Ensenada to help you.

You, Jorge, are a wonderful, sensitive human being. All of the right things to say and moves to make you have and it warms my heart to share in your feelings for the Hoffs, Roland and Harriet.

By the humble way....I haven't as yet received your large and gracious Dollar/Peso effort to participate, so I'll YOUtooYOU my contact stuff once again and may I suggest you double your rendition of largesse so your place in heaven will be carved it stone.

Grazzi....
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:03 PM

Osprey- correction, you left out the part about the little green man jumping off the spaceship to take the bad guys dissect them and feed them to their alien pets.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Osprey- correction, you left out the part about the little green man jumping off the spaceship to take the bad guys dissect them and feed them to their alien pets.

Careful what you ask for. :lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 07:25 PM

Is that what Roland and Harriet would want? Fine by me.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I would agree with another comment earlier that Ron's not an Internet newbie... even if/when I pull this thread (temporarily) - it's quite possible (maybe even likely) that he'll find the detailed stories published in the media anyway.

When I Googled (yes, it's a verb) "Ronald Hoff + San Quintin", several recent results appeared:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/13/us-expat-and-...

***************.blogspot.com2011/09/0911-violence-tijuana-americans.html

***************.blogspot.com2011_09_01_archive.html

http://www.talkbaja.com/showthread.php?s=7416bfa6d3c50e54a5b...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/puntabandanewsletter/message/2...

http://www.tjamigos.com/index.php?showtopic=52030

http://mexicoperspective.com/

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 09:04 PM

I set up a Western Union online account, but I still quite don't quite know where to send the funds. Would somebody please set up a paypal account? Maybe somebody can set up a closed thread with instructions on sending funds. I don't care about transparency. I just want to send a modest amount of money, and if it gets to where it's supposed to, so much the better.
 Pages:  1  ..  47    49    51  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.