Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: first report
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:20 PM

Cap, the parts you refer to were deleted by the moderator, and or n8n.

I can't help but laugh. Reading comprehension is at an all time low here. The picture is fake, and the story is fake.

This guy has convinced people like DK and Cap that he went to Baja and only took one picture. If any of the story were true he would post the proof instead of talking in circles.

Nice of DK to U2U the guy though. Hey n8n, why don't you post the message DK sent you. He has already proven he approves of posting others U2U's that are sent to him. Did he send you a map to the nearest Grouper hole with that message.:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
first Modelo is on me.

Cap.......You're showing serious ambivilance toward n8. If you really care, buy him a Pacifico.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:27 PM

Cap, he says this MIGHT be the last of this species that he takes because he doubts he will ever see a bigger version..........kind of a self-fulfilling prophesy, wouldnt you say?

Let's see, hmmmm, there just dont seem to be any big fish around anymore..........I wonder how that happened?????

Still, by his own creed, IF he saw a bigger version, it's fair game and he would go for it.

I can just see it now.....he shoots one that he THOUGHT was bigger than the last one but, darn it if it didnt turn out to be a bit smaller. Honest mistake.........all is forgiven..........well, except to the fish that just lost his life in the interest of taking a bigger and bigger version. Measuring is guesswork below the surface.

How does his methods differ from other methods of take, you ask? I cant recall a single instance of catch-and-release spearing, for the life of me.........

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Nomads are a smart group, for the most part. I am not the favorite here, like some think they are. However, I don't see many coming to your defense.

I was trying to keep from getting involved with negative posting on this board, but the above quote compelled me speak up instead of just cwardly sending U2Us supporting N8.

I am having trouble seeing the difference in catching a fish like this by more traditional means, and shooting it with a speargun. Maybe I missed something, but even with catch and release fishing there is a mortality rate. On another note the relatively minute amount of fish harvested by spearos seems insignificant when commercial fish companies are raping the Mexican waterways. Maybe this is a case of misplaced anger?
N8 does not come across as overly arrogant, or ignorant. I think the point he makes about selectivity is important. He clearly mentioned that this could be the last of this species he ever takes. His argument seems more valid because he is not calling names either. And this whole racism segway is just ridiculous.
As for Gonzaga Bay, it is one of my favorite places to lick my wounds after a Baja excursion, and if you are there n8, the first Modelo is on me.

Cap,

I supported you when you thought you were leaving, but here I have to disagree with you. The fact is that this is a fish of huge proportions; a fish that has lived for many years and is a breeder. Endangerment of a species is the issue here. Greed and braggadoccio is also an issue.He took two sucker shots to the gut and he is bragging about it.

It is obvious that he started this string not only to boast about something reprehensible, but he is also getting off by pulling Nomad's chains. Style has a lot to do with it too. This guy knows how to use the English language in order to manipulate
emotions. He has a keen psychological command of how to illicit just the kinds of responses he has gotten. These responses are from Nomads who have lots of different opinions about fish and fishing. Some will probably take issue with my opinions that I am about to share below, but most are repulsed by this guys actions and attitudes.

Regarding commercial net fishermen, that too is plundering, but not for blood lust. The same goes for line sport fishermen who catch more than they can eat in my not so humble opinion.

Also, he is the one who pulled the race card. I'm glad that didn't go any further than it did. :fire:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

How does his methods differ from other methods of take, you ask? I cant recall a single instance of catch-and-release spearing, for the life of me.........

It's like catch'n release for a bludgeoned Harp Seal.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
I am having trouble seeing the difference in catching a fish like this by more traditional means, and shooting it with a speargun.

The difference lies in one word - TARGETING, and that's the problem, not the speargun. That just makes targeting more direct and obvious.

You can target these fish from a boat as well, and that's just as bad. This guy purposely goes out to kill the biggest fish he can find of what is a very, very, limited resource, so he can BRAG about it to others and feel what a big man he is. You don't see a problem?
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It's like catch'n release for a bludgeoned Harp Seal.

Best point yet:light::light::light:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:50 PM
civility

I would like to start by thanking you guys for keeping things civil in your responses. I am not sure if this trip report is true or not. I was just questioning the relationship of the scarcity of big fish, and large scale commercial fishing, and sport fishing. The local PBS channel ran a bill fish special that concluded over 90% of bills are taken by long liners, is this true of bas, grouper and other varieties as well?
Furthermore the sportfishing industries economic revenue per fatality was far greater, and was reinvested heavily in education, and sustainable resource study.

BTW the reason I offered a Modelo is that I plan to drink all of the Pacifico before anyone else arrives :yes:

Fly low, land on roads.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:56 PM
targeting

All of those sportfishing boats use BIG lures to target big Bill fish. But Tone, I defer to your experience on posting to get a response. I guess I just post to learn or share ideas. I (maybe naively ) assume other people do the same. Plus it makes me feel better to take people at their word. Kind of like not locking your fronnt door, every time you come home and all is well you feel better about the world.

Fly low, land on roads.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 04:57 PM

Cap.......

Longliners are inhuman. I hope the subject never comes up. It's too hot.

What happened to your red plane avatar?

[Edited on 8-8-2007 by DENNIS]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:00 PM

Don't play with your food.:bounce:Catch and release is playing with your food.:bounce:
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:01 PM

Cap,

What I saw as arrogant is one hour after the first gut shot he gut shoots the fish again and flippantly says at least I'm consistant. Meanwhile the fish is probably still not dead.

Arrogant is telling the pangero to come back later to take them fishing it was too early not just once but the second day too.

Isn't that arrogant to you or anyone reading this?

Ken
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
All of those sportfishing boats use BIG lures to target big Bill fish. But Tone, I defer to your experience on posting to get a response. I guess I just post to learn or share ideas. I (maybe naively ) assume other people do the same. Plus it makes me feel better to take people at their word. Kind of like not locking your fronnt door, every time you come home and all is well you feel better about the world.

Right on! I would like to see the BajaNomad board members get back to the spirit (as Bernie so aptly puts it) of Nomads helping Nomads. :yes:

I'm glad you're back, but I hope we depth charged Mr. Lee out of the water.

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Cap.......

Longliners are inhuman. I hope the subject never comes up. It's too hot.

What happened to your red plane avatar?

[Edited on 8-8-2007 by DENNIS]

oops sorry, I didn't know, again, I am pretty new.

As for my avatar, I am a little embarassed to say I was trying to figure out how to close my account on this board. I couldn't figure it out and then ran acrossed this thread ( sorry I like to fish). The red plane is getting new carbs and other maintenance in prepartion for a 10 day trip down the Baja this month. I was going to put a better pic up of departing from Mulege. Hopefully there aren't any north rim residents of Mulege reading this.....

Fly low, land on roads.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:17 PM
Ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Haven,t seen it this active in a long time,its a shame it took a gut-shot breeder to get things moving again:no:

It is a further shame I am stuck here instead of there. As apparently are many of us non nomadics right now! Ni modo.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap

I was trying to figure out how to close my account on this board. I couldn't figure it out .....

Glad you're still here. I know I gave you a bad time the other day but, when you know me better, you'll know it doesn't mean anything. Stick around for a while. You'll enjoy it.
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
So your buddy helped you drag the fish out of the hole after you gut shot the fish twice. I thought you guys were all about fighting the fish one on one? Looks like the fish kicked your A$$ and you had to have your buddy help you out. Maybe you shouldnt of taken the shot, but got greedy and did it anyways? Thats not sport.

What no reply to this?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 06:08 PM

you know n8nlee...

it does look "photoshopped"
and i blew it up:O

you MUST have a couple of other pics you could post
to SHUT UP minnow....

otherwise i might join his team:lol:which may be the "darkside":lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So your buddy helped you drag the fish out of the hole after you gut shot the fish twice. I thought you guys were all about fighting the fish one on one? Looks like the fish kicked your A$$ and you had to have your buddy help you out. Maybe you shouldnt of taken the shot, but got greedy and did it anyways? Thats not sport.

What no reply to this?

Well, I think the bombs were coming to fast for him to reply...a little shell shocked I think, but look for him to crawl back...he is just that kinda guy...in his mind he has never been wrong...
Really...I wish this had not happened:(

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 06:18 PM

i may be wrong but....

fisher.jpg - 15kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.