BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Poll: Has recent border crime altered your trips to Baja?
I won't drive to Baja, period --- 21 (19.27%)
I won't drive the Toll road --- 19 (17.43%)
I will only fly --- 8 (7.34%)
No affect at all --- 61 (55.96%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Has recent border crime altered your trips to Baja?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 11:16 AM

I-5 or I-805 ? Nothing on the news about any random pullovers of tourists by fake cops, or killing of police officers or police chiefs... What is so dangerous about the San Diego Airport to the Border...

If you can convince me it is safer to travel on 1-D than I-5, I will return to Baja in 7 days!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 12:14 PM

DK
I think that Ferna and Nena are pulling your leg

GOTCHA

AND I STILL

GOT BAJA?:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

EDIT because I forgot to ask you if you would like for me to take over your vivabaja site until you can make it back?

[Edited on 1-11-2008 by bajajudy]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
DK

GOTCHA

AND I STILL

EDIT because I forgot to ask you if you would like for me to take over your vivabaja site until you can make it back?

Well, when Nena and Ferna do fess up about the crime on San Diego's highways, I will drop my threat of a Baja trip!

Oh, what the hay... I can't stay away!!! Baja, here I come!!!:lol::bounce:

Judy, what do you want to do with my VivaBaja site?

Heck, I don't even mess with it... my web host won't let me access it until I actually know html. So, only he or Doug can make changes! Do you like the new homepage look? (I see that all of the Baja web sites hosted by electraweb are down today)

[Edited on 1-11-2008 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 01:38 PM

No, David, I did not pull my reply. It's right back there where it always was.:rolleyes:

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Travel in daylight or early evening, i.e., when locals are going to work, taking kids to school and/or returning home to family.

When you park, keep the vehicle in sight or leave a fellow travel partner in the vehicle.

Travel with dog(s) - this does not cancel the above rule.

Be aware of your surroundings - when visiting an ATM, look around and be alert, and block any one's view of what you are doing.

Don't open a wallet and flash cash in public no matter where you are. Figure out what your puchase is going to cost and separate that amount for the transaction.

Sounds like the common sense I use in my travels in Irvine.

Yeah, right, Gull. :rolleyes:

http://www.ci.irvine.ca.us/civica/press/display.asp?layout=1...

Nothing sadder than a caged bird, flailing about.

Facts aren't your strong suit, I take it............

Pathetic association on your end. I wasn't offering facts about Irvine, I already know it has more crime than Baja. Thanks for proving it. I said I took the same precautions in Irvine as were recommended in Baja. Reading is fundamental. You should try it some time.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:00 PM

Nena, you are right, I was thinking Ferna posted that 'news' about 'danger' on the U.S. side and you commented on it. It wasn't something that sounded like an American would say about San Diego. It was the other way around (I will edit my comment about you pulling the reply, as you haven't given me one yet!) LOL

I guess I am still waiting for you answer?

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
I have recently received word that he is having qualms about the stretch of road between the San Diego airport and the border. Nena

Here again is what I asked :

I-5 or I-805 ? Nothing on the news about any random pullovers of tourists by fake cops, or killing of police officers or police chiefs... What is so dangerous about the San Diego Airport to the Border...

If you can convince me it is safer to travel on 1-D than I-5, I will return to Baja in 7 days

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
DK

GOTCHA

AND I STILL

and David, please stop going back and changing your posts.... please.

Nena

[Edited on 1-11-2008 by Natalie Ann]

.....Oscar Wilde
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:19 PM

Nena, please see my reply which explains... now about my question to you which remains unanswered...

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
I have recently received word that he is having qualms about the stretch of road between the San Diego airport and the border. Nena

Here again is what I asked :

If you can convince me it is safer to travel on 1-D than I-5, I will return to Baja in 7 days

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:21 PM

By the way, your quote is from bajajudy, not me... I didn't 'change' anything other that to correct a mistake about you pulling a reply, you didn't... I agreed with you.

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:33 PM

ok, you win, I'm gonna quit pig wrestling.

I apologize for the hijack of this post through my careless sense of humor.

n

.....Oscar Wilde
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:36 PM

It was a joke? Oh, then Judy had it right, all along!! You did so well with making sound serious, too! FOOLED ME!!! :biggrin:

Good job Nena.. and Ferna too for agreeing with you (or your brother?) about the dangers NORTH of the border! :yes::rolleyes:

Have a great day... I am off to another appointment, bye!

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Nothing on the news about any random pullovers of tourists by fake cops, or killing of police officers or police chiefs...

No, nothing in the news about that. David, were did you hear news or mention about random pullovers of tourists and killings of police officers or chiefs on I-5 or 805? I waqs waiting for Hugo Torres in the news and they said nothing.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Travel in daylight or early evening, i.e., when locals are going to work, taking kids to school and/or returning home to family.

When you park, keep the vehicle in sight or leave a fellow travel partner in the vehicle.

Travel with dog(s) - this does not cancel the above rule.

Be aware of your surroundings - when visiting an ATM, look around and be alert, and block any one's view of what you are doing.

Don't open a wallet and flash cash in public no matter where you are. Figure out what your puchase is going to cost and separate that amount for the transaction.

Sounds like the common sense I use in my travels in Irvine.

Yeah, right, Gull. :rolleyes:

http://www.ci.irvine.ca.us/civica/press/display.asp?layout=1...

Nothing sadder than a caged bird, flailing about.

Facts aren't your strong suit, I take it............

Pathetic association on your end. I wasn't offering facts about Irvine, I already know it has more crime than Baja. Thanks for proving it. I said I took the same precautions in Irvine as were recommended in Baja. Reading is fundamental. You should try it some time.

Gee, have Irvine property values dropped as much as your Gauntlet digs because of all the 'crime' in Irvine?

Are you seriously saying that Irvine is more dangerous than The Gauntlet? :lol:

The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 10:24 AM
Another failed attempt at logic

Hook,

It is simple, but it escapes you. Being personally safe in any environment is similar to lessons about safe driving. Being defensive does lower the risk. That's all my post dealt with.

It doesn't matter to you, but Irvine property values and those of much of South Orange County are dropping faster than Baja.

You can't understand it, I know, but it does have everything to do with lending in the US by people who will soon be prosecuted for criminal actions just like in the S&L and energy scams from recent history. Then again, you don't acknowledge crime in the US, do you?

What if this string dealt with a poll which said: "How many Americans living in Baja have changed their minds and want to return to the crime free and economically stable United States?" Fairy tale? Maybe.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 12:16 PM

You guys want to see chaos? Try Colombia on for size! :lol:

bajalid

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 08:26 PM

funny david k !, remember david I was lineman for the phone company and the only female in the phone garage and ****** was not a bad word!
and I was driving down to cabo with my dad when I was a young girl even before the highway was built:biggrin:

[Edited on 1-13-2008 by Hose A]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-13-2008 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Hook,

It is simple, but it escapes you. Being personally safe in any environment is similar to lessons about safe driving. Being defensive does lower the risk. That's all my post dealt with.

It doesn't matter to you, but Irvine property values and those of much of South Orange County are dropping faster than Baja.

You can't understand it, I know, but it does have everything to do with lending in the US by people who will soon be prosecuted for criminal actions just like in the S&L and energy scams from recent history. Then again, you don't acknowledge crime in the US, do you?

What if this string dealt with a poll which said: "How many Americans living in Baja have changed their minds and want to return to the crime free and economically stable United States?" Fairy tale? Maybe.

Thank you for this reply, Gull. It tells reams about you.

You wont have to worry about replys from me in the future.

"....there's a signpost up ahead............next stop........"

[Edited on 1-13-2008 by Hook]

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 1-13-2008 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalid
funny david k !, remember david I was lineman for the phone company and the only female in the phone garage and ****** was not a bad word!
There were two women in our Mtn. Bell "phone garage". Wyoming...the Equality State.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
The Gull
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2008 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hook,

Thank you for this reply, Gull. It tells reams about you.

You wont have to worry about replys from me in the future.

"....there's a signpost up ahead............next stop........"

[Edited on 1-13-2008 by Hook]

Never did worry about responses from you. You take yourself too seriously. Others don't, so why should you, Mr. Serling?

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2008 at 10:38 AM

Per my trip report this morning, I have not had a problem. 30+ trips from Ensenada to San Diego and back in '07 have been without incident. Why?
1. Free Road, 95% of time
2. '89 Jeep Cherokee "classic" is my rig.
3. I will happy hour in Rosarito and Ensenada, but usually get home by 9PM
4. Was stopped once for speeding on toll road, pulled over just south of last toll both in north "nada". FM-3 and conversation about my construction let me off with a warning.
5. I'm not covering up or minimizing problems. But, for wonderful vacations and a great living environment, Ensenada is perfect for me.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.