BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  14
Author: Subject: 4TH ANNUAL PREZ DAY WEEKEND NOMAD RIDE
Bug
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life can not get better than this!

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 08:55 PM

David I am sorry I don't take a camera with me very often..

I was just seeing if anyone else out there in Baja, have gone threw the Matomi canyon this year. To see how they did, going threw that canyon. Have you gone threw it this year yet.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 10:08 PM

Bug,

I have not been out there this past year but last year twice.

If part of your question is whether it is passable through there I'm not sure but this years Presidents Weekend Trail Ride will be west from the Bahia Santa Maria area to the Huatamote Arroyo to Agua Caliente then Berrendero then to San Felipe and back again to Bahia Santa Maria.

Your more than welcome to join us this year if you like. What vehicle are you driving?

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Bug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2009 at 11:54 PM

Thank you for the invite. I have been thinking of joining you all. I drive a sandrail, jeep 4x4, and several other buggys. I run the desert 2,3 and 4 times a week. Live in El Dorado Ranch.

I just ran threw Huatamote canyon, and it really great. I had a mexican worker working for me and I had mention about when I went to Agua Caliente a few weeks ago, there was a gate with a lock, where you could not enter into the canyon, the sign said to go to the ranch and get the key. I went to the ranch and the rancher wanted $10 per buggy to go up into the cayon. Since I had been there many of time, I said I was not going to pay. But the mexican worker, said two canyon south of Agua Caliente, there are hot springs, up in that canyon. So I have been hiking many canyon, and have not found a hot spring yet. I really enjoy hiking to no where.

I was thinking of join up with the group on saturday, and go back home that afternoon, got a hot date, then early sunday run back and rejoin the group.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2009 at 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bug
Thank you for the invite. I have been thinking of joining you all. I drive a sandrail, jeep 4x4, and several other buggys. I run the desert 2,3 and 4 times a week. Live in El Dorado Ranch.

I just ran threw Huatamote canyon, and it really great. I had a mexican worker working for me and I had mention about when I went to Agua Caliente a few weeks ago, there was a gate with a lock, where you could not enter into the canyon, the sign said to go to the ranch and get the key. I went to the ranch and the rancher wanted $10 per buggy to go up into the cayon. Since I had been there many of time, I said I was not going to pay. But the mexican worker, said two canyon south of Agua Caliente, there are hot springs, up in that canyon. So I have been hiking many canyon, and have not found a hot spring yet. I really enjoy hiking to no where.

I was thinking of join up with the group on saturday, and go back home that afternoon, got a hot date, then early sunday run back and rejoin the group.

Myself and the rest ot the group have not seen Agua Caliente so we are interested in going there but the alternative canyon with the hot springs may be possible as well. There happens to be a group from El Dorado meeting up with us, and the screen name of the Trail Boss in BajaLou.
Go back a few pages and you will see what he has to say, he is leading a group from El Dorado and is meeting us out in the desert, maybe Quartz mountain.

Bug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2009 at 08:57 AM

I know Baja Lou very well. Baja lou, has help me learn the desert threw out the years. Sound like alot of fun.. Hope to meet all of you.. As I mention I have not found that other hot spring yet, just been hiking around the mountains looking for it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-24-2009 at 09:23 AM

There are no records of any other hot springs in the Valle Chico canyons, other than Agua Caliente Canyon. That doesn't mean one hasn't been discovered in another canyon, just nobody wrote about it.

In 1978 I asked the original owner of Rancho El Matomi, Tomas Dowling, if there were hot springs in his canyon. Nope.

In 2004, Jide and I visited Parral, Berrendo, Carrizo, Agua Caliente and El Cajon canyons... http://vivabaja.com/404 We met Baja Lou and the group from El Dorado that trip. Taco de Baja and his friends Mexitron, Huddo, and Pappy also met us in Parral and continued to Matomi to hike up it's canyon, beyond the road: http://vivabaja.com/mexitron/page5.html

[Edited on 1-24-2009 by David K]

Map1.jpg - 42kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2009 at 09:41 PM

I also have never heard of another hot spring, until the mexican worker told me about it. Yes he spoke english. But since I have a lot of time on my hands, why not go out there and hike a few mountains. I find it's a great way to loose weight. I enjoy going on treasure hunts, even tho I don't find the treasure. I have been to all those canyons on your map many, many times. Always looking for some new. I like hiking the mountain for a few hours and see whats out there. I find I can never get enough to see.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 10:59 AM

That's great... I would like to join you if I could... treasure hunting and lost mission hunting is great in Baja... Even though we KNOW there are no treasures or lost missions... LOL!

Tomas of Matomi told me how he walked from his ranch to El Rosario.. just over the hill! The cave of skulls was also an intersting story!

So much Baja... so little time!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
That's great... I would like to join you if I could... treasure hunting and lost mission hunting is great in Baja... Even though we KNOW there are no treasures or lost missions... LOL!

Tomas of Matomi told me how he walked from his ranch to El Rosario.. just over the hill! The cave of skulls was also an intersting story!

So much Baja... so little time!
Bug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2009 at 06:56 PM

David, I would really enjoy hearing that story... I am going to do a trip threw all the canyons between Hwy2 to Hwy 3 on the east side of Baja. There's a small group of us. leaving on the 7th of February and I figure about five days or so. There's a few of us that hike and a few sit and wait. So I am searching on the internet to find information on any of the canyons, so I can really have my homework done. I like to fill the head and walk the legs.

You are always welcome to join us.. Hum... the cave of skulls sounds intersting.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 11:24 AM

Thank you! Use the Nomad search feature and you will find lot's of details on the Sierra Juarez canyons... Nomads Jide, Tajo, and Neal Johns have shared a lot.

I made a web page to show Jide's Juarez canyon photos: http://vivabaja.com/jide

Thanks for the invite! Once I rebuild my funds... then it's back to Baja!

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 05:02 PM

Only a couple of more weeks til the big trail ride...

How about some our guest from last year, Neal Johns? TacoFeliz? Steekers?

We had some other guys show interest this trip too, SurferJim? Others?

BajaRob, are you getting some interest from some of the guys in our area? How about Jerry Abbott, he has to bring a spare this time... Jim Avance? Walt? David and Joan are in again...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 05:07 PM

Steekers can't make it (work) and neither can I (lack of work)!

So you guys have a GREAT TIME... and remember Valentine's Day is the Saturday of that weekend!

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Steekers can't make it (work) and neither can I (lack of work)!

So you guys have a GREAT TIME... and remember Valentine's Day is the Saturday of that weekend!

Why do you think I'm taking my wife??? Kill two birds with one stone!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 09:31 PM

Still thinking about it......
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2009 at 11:56 PM

You are talking about this jerry Chuck.After he got the flat he got stuck on a rock a few miles down Matomi wash, I help him and almost got run over,but it was fun doing it,

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 12:11 AM

Don't forget bring 2 spare tires,this was my firts flat in B^J^

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2009 at 10:46 AM

Everybody check your tires carefully before going to Baja... Replace any with tread that is close to minimum... Matomi 1 & 2 saw no flats, no problems, just fun!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2009 at 12:56 PM

GANG, DUE TO TOP MANAGMENT IN THE COMPANY I WORK FOR ( TC CONSTRUCTION) THIS YEAR THEY WOULD NOT GIVE THE WORKERS PRESIDENTS DAY OFF:P, WE HAVE BEEN GETING THIS DAY OFF FOR FOR THE LAS PAST 5 YEARS, THIS YEAR IT'S GOING TO CHANGE AND AS FAR AS GETTING THE DAYS OFF IT'S NOT POSSIBLE, DUE TO THE LACK OF PERSONAL. SO FROM NOW ON PLEASE CHECK THIS WEBSITE FOR UPDATES, HOPEFULLY I WILL KEEP ON TRYING TO GET THE DAYS OFF BUT AS TODAY IS A NOT GO FOR ME,SORRY GUYS SEE CHUCK, (BAJAWARRIOR) IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THE TRIP..:fire:

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2009 at 01:38 PM

That is a darn shame Jose, you'll be missing out on a great trip, I don't mean to rub it in though...Looking forward to seeing you another time, come another time of year and we'll take a spin out to Shell Island.

I am glad your staying so busy with work when so many are scaling down...

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.