Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11
Author: Subject: Mexican Goverment stupidity at its worst
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 02:55 PM

OK
Here's a question for you
What do you think about Malaysia where DA-DA is death ???
You get caught....you die
any amount
Its even posted at the airports....DA-DA is death
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 02:56 PM

The Brits started this business model over 100 years ago running Afghan and Indian opium into China. Got the whole freaking country addicted. The Commonwealth profited handsomely.

As an aside.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Nope. You'd be introducing a form of regulation and bureaucracy and the black market would still exist. That's the core of the problem we are trying to solve. Either let them buy, inexpensively, as much as they want wherever they want and have an orderly supply side or extinguish the market. This half baked approach has had no positive impact.
You may be right, as far as I'm concerned they can sell the stuff at 7-11. I just don't want some crackhead crawling through my window and stealing my stuff to trade for dope. Let them have as much as they want, if they OD they will no longer be a problem.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
IHistorically, the US was not in such a position. However, after 1975, the incarceration rates began to skyrocket, as a result of getting tough on crime attitudes of the prevailing government. (think- Nixon didn't like all the potheads returning from Viet Nam who mostly didn't smoke pot until they went off to war).

Think something else...Nixon resigned in 74.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
We tried that

I meant HARSH and STRICT not...

MINIMUM and MAYBE.

Draconian penalties, mandatory arrests, no plea bargain or expungement, no nada.

You already can have that today - and more. Just move to China, and you'll have draconian enforcement of drug use and sales while having growing corruption spurred by prolific drug trafficking. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-06/23/content_624028...
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
OK
any amount
I don't think it would work here. With all the appeals that go with a death sentence it takes about 10 years to execute even the most heinous of murderer. We would need a lot of new prisons just to hold the backlog.
Timo1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:07 PM

I kinda doubt the cartels want to ship to Malaysia...no market
Maybe its time to re-vamp some laws
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
OK
any amount
I don't think it would work here. With all the appeals that go with a death sentence it takes about 10 years to execute even the most heinous of murderer. We would need a lot of new prisons just to hold the backlog.

If it came to that, it would be likely such intolerance would also spread to other facets of American life. In that case I'd apply to move to Canada or elsewhere because the U.S. would no longer be America in the sense of the word. I have an even better idea, those who want Singapore or Muslim style justice could just simply move to a suitable country today. Problem solved.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:17 PM
Threats?

Quote:
You are referring to incarceration? That threat has been around since the 1930s.

You and I both know that most recreational users don't feel in the least threatened by incarceration. What are the chances going to jail for possession of a joint...or a bit of blow?

Consequences mean exactly that.

I'll leave you to figure it out. :rolleyes:

oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Problem solved.

Is your implication the staus quo is acceptable? And, that those who have issue with it should leave Mexico or the US?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:22 PM
Not Thinking Something Else

Quote:
Quote:
IHistorically, the US was not in such a position. However, after 1975, the incarceration rates began to skyrocket, as a result of getting tough on crime attitudes of the prevailing government. (think- Nixon didn't like all the potheads returning from Viet Nam who mostly didn't smoke pot until they went off to war).

Think something else...Nixon resigned in 74.

The stats began to rise in 1975. It was Nixon and his Justice Department that laid the groundwork for the rise, during the Nixon administration.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:24 PM
I'm Dense

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
You are referring to incarceration? That threat has been around since the 1930s.

You and I both know that most recreational users don't feel in the least threatened by incarceration. What are the chances going to jail for possession of a joint...or a bit of blow?

Why don't you help out this feeble old guy and give me a hint?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:24 PM

Quote:

Where exactly would we put them if we were to lock up everyone caught with small amounts of dope? Would you be willing to accept a large tax increase to pay for the needed facilities?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:30 PM
Gay Rights

Quote:
Do you think those programs had the same level of commitment and money behind them as Global Warming? Gay Marriage? Pro-Choice? Cigarettes? Trans-fats? Political Campaigns of Hope and Change?

We've turned controlling sheeple into an art form.

Curious as to what forces you believe were behind the legalization of gay marriage in Mexico City the other day.
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:31 PM

Aha! Now we are into implementation! The citizens of the US and Mexico are paying big time now...If I really worked at it I believe I could come up with a plan that would be "deficit-neutral" relative to incarceration. I'm serious. If Dave's theory is right, and I believe it is, both countries would see a steep decline in users. After the first few years and a corollary "education" program, drug use would loose a lot of it's appeal.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Problem solved.

Is your implication the staus quo is acceptable? And, that those who have issue with it should leave Mexico or the US?

I'd say that my issue lies with those whose first reaction to challenges in our society is to curtail liberty. Bonus points for whoever can name who quote this: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Timo1
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:39 PM

Bozo the clown ????
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:42 PM
Lets play pretend

Quote:
Why don't you help out this feeble old guy and give me a hint?

Pretend you're a recreational drug user. Would there be a definite consequence that would correct your behavior?

And Monoloco, I'm not convinced that it would necessarily include incarceration.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:43 PM

The infrastructure was already in Mexico to move it (drugs) as it has been a very, very long time

What's the name of the "gulch/ravine" on MEX 1 as you reach the top of the grade on the way to Playas Tijuana..

Black tar and pot have been the main stays for some time, coke just fell into Mexico's "lap" so to speak after the U.S. did in Pablo Escobar.. Columbia's coco plants did not know they should stop growing, nor did the poor folks the grow them after the end of Mr Escobar.

So production continues, demand continues what was needed was a means to get them to the States and who had things ready for that..

Legalization, jail, death .. it's all been tried.. about the only Countries who have had some degree of control are completely totalitarian in nature.. Myanmar/Burma has pretty much move the Heroin trade to Afghanistan though the use of automatic death of anyone messing with it... and we know what kind of success the world is having addressing the production of poppies in Afghanistan..

Still believe that if one wants to shoot junk or what ever, they should have the right to do it.. as for the problems this create within society.. if there is no War on Drugs.. the funds could be used to pay for the drugs and the users long term medical care once moved into the "recovery" stage... as we are paying it all now plus the War on Drugs.. we could just cut out the impact to the non-involved parties in the process to some degree

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2009 at 03:44 PM
Close

Quote:
Bozo the clown ????

NOT! It was some clown named Benjamin Franklin. We all know what a clown he was.:no:
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.