BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  60
Author: Subject: Arizonas new Imigration Bill(This has turned into a Rat Hole)
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 1 - A JOB, 2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE, 3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, 4 - WELFARE, 5 - FOOD STAMPS, 6 - CREDIT CARDS, 7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, 8 - FREE EDUCATION, 9 - FREE HEALTH CARE, 10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON 11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE 12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION

All the other nations don't have their corporations and citizens, giving illegals work.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 03:31 PM

Nice to know what the sponsor of the bill, really thinks:

PHOENIX (AP) — A state lawmaker who wants to reinstate a 1950s federal deportation program known as "Operation *******" is under fire again for sending supporters information from a white separatist group.

Republican Rep. Russell Pearce has apologized for e-mailing the article from the West Virginia-based National Alliance. But that hasn't stopped criticism from all directions, including state GOP leaders.

Arizona Republican Chairman Matt Salmon called the e-mail a "severe mistake," while Rep. J.D. Hayworth says he no longer supports Pearce's re-election bid.

"Given the regrettable and disturbing nature of the e-mail Russell Pearce circulated earlier this week, I cannot in good conscience lend my endorsement to his candidacy for State Representative," Hayworth said in a statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-12-race-supremac...

Russell Pearce quotes:

"any racially conscious White person who looks askance at miscegenation or at the rapidly darkening racial situation in America."

"media masters" force on the public their view of "a world in which every voice proclaims the equality of the races, the inerrant nature of the Jewish 'Holocaust' tale, the wickedness of attempting to halt the flood of non-White aliens pouring across our borders ... ."

And still some want to believe theres no racism behind this law? when this very same guy, sponsored it?

oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 03:43 PM

I like living in Baja California, people are nice here.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 03:44 PM

"HERE IN SAN DIEGO I SEE GOBS OF ZONIES, THEY ALL FLEE CLANZONA BECAUSE IT IS SO HORRIBLE IN SUMMER, WINTER, FALL AND SPRING
HIGHWAY 8 WAS BUILT SO ZONIES COULD FLEE THEIR MISERABLE STATE TO SAN DIEGO"

yeah i know :rolleyes: - we all can't wait to get there for the:
crowds
floods
landslides - after the floods....
earthquakes
traffic...oh, i already said crowds
certified nutz and flakes...or was that a cereal?
wildfires
santa anna winds - did i say fires?
high cost of living and taxes....up the wazoo!!
smog - ok it's just at the big cities...but still....yech..
visiting Rio Linda....hahahaha..
and of course to be amongst the LIBERALS!! Cause they just want everything to be alright!! and sure - we all can pay for it.:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 03:44 PM
Racist roots of Arizona's immigration law

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/04/27/4210613-rac...

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 03:47 PM
You Missed One

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
ARIZONA

" It's now up to Gov. Jan Brewer to decide whether Arizona will sparkle in the future.

Without debate, the House on Monday gave final approval to legislation to legalize sparklers and similar devices in Arizona. The Senate voted 21-7 last week for the same measure."

"A divided Arizona Legislature on Thursday sent a temporary 1-cent-per-dollar increase in the state sales tax to voters, setting a May 18 election date.

The 34-25 vote in the state House was a win for Gov. Jan Brewer, who has been pushing for the tax hike since she became governor a year ago. It capped nearly a year of debate over the wisdom of tax hikes to ease budget problems."

and the best one

"Just a few days after Arizona lawmakers passed an immigration law that will essentially require anyone who is or looks like an immigrant to carry their proof of residency at all times, the Arizona House voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate and prove his own citizenship status."

"On April 16, 2010, governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that legalizes the carrying of concealed firearms and other weapons in most places without a permit for adults over 21 years of age. "

Seems that everyone will be packing heat wherever and whenever. Maybe there should be a troglodyte festival in the state."

I foolishly thought that the "old West" was long gone. Actually, I'm wrong. As I recall, in the Old West, people entering town were obliged to surrender their guns to the sheriff. What progress.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 04:00 PM

Howard. They still be packin in the open here. and your right...I forgot that one now they can carry under their overcoat...Given reason: Protection...

Lets meet at the OK Corral
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 04:28 PM

Protection from what? Each other? I've never been able to wrap my brain around the particular paranoia that abounds in a nation that prides itself on its uniqueness that provides freedom and peace. How is it that that self same environment created a huge body of people who fundamentally don't trust each other? Bottom line, it's a spurious logic. If people don't trust each other unarmed, what benefit is attained if those same people are all armed? That the mistrust encourages a false sense of security because each of us thinks we're better gunslingers than our neighbor? Do we still embrace the roots of manifest destiny and the old West?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 04:37 PM

"Capt Cracker:
Do you really think undocumented immigrants have an easy life and free pass to riches? Are you really such an *ss?

Are you aware of the desparation that drives people to leave their homes to come to US?

Are you aware of how stressful it is to be an undocumented worker and get treated like crap by most employers?

You really are an *ss. "

actually i am a horses Arse...:lol::lol:

not my problem goat breath.
we have a legal form of immigration. they just need to follow it. And - fix their own corrupt GC class society and develop a middle one.
i am an a$$ but you are an ostrich. :lol::lol::lol:

i'll meet you for civil discourse at starbucks. we'll likely be served by an illegal. you can tip.:saint:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
repealed it concealed weapon permit requirement, and wants to allow guns (for self-protection) in the schools....etc

Please note, I did not present this statement, it was quoted by another nomad. There are no serious discussions in AZ to allow guns in AZ schools. In fact, if you were to attend a concealed weapons course, that is one of the areas where you can not carry a gun concealed or otherwise. As I said, I am not suprised that you would read sometihng like that, but when you quote the NY Times, it doesn't hold much water.

Lets face facts. People who want to pack a weapon and don't care about taking a concealed weapons course are going to pack. People who are going to pack a weapon and use it are already walking the streets. When you level the playing field I do think that the bad guys will think twice about pulling a gun on someone to take a few bucks if they don't know if the other person is packing.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 04:58 PM

Sundown Cortez! Tucson or Phoenix?

edit: I forgot Baja,, San Felipe or Punta Abreojos?

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by rts551]
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:03 PM

A friend on mine who lives 8 miles north of the Naco border crossing sent the following email to the AP news service.
Quote:

Subject: Comment on Coverage of Arizona's New Immigration Law
To: info@ap.org
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 11:19 AM

I hope you will forward this comment to all AP staff members who cover Arizona's new immigration bill SB1070. Most people do not read laws for themselves and instead take statements by public officials as fact. Among others, Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva and Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon are being extremely irresponsible when they announce that Arizona’s new immigration law requires things like police rounding up and questioning people simply because they have brown skin. The law requires no such thing and in fact explicitly prohibits racial profiling. Elected officials may honestly state their concern that the law could foster racial profiling if it’s inappropriately applied, but statements like Rep. Grijalva and Mayor Gordon are making are misleading and inflammatory.

Members of the press covering the new law should read it and understand it for themselves (it is short and easily understood), and should challenge those kinds of inflammatory misstatements whenever they are made during an interview. In addition, where articles quote or restate inflammatory misstatements, the press should act responsibly by also pointing out or including the actual language from new law.

Just in case you have not read the bill: SB 1070

I think the world is run by C- students.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:23 PM

Heres the big problem:

Quote:

B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person,

First of all, what's lawful contact? and who determines that? and whats reasonable suspicion? and according to who?

So basically, if i look Mexican, and i have been working in my yard, i better be careful about driving around in Arizona right? a Police officer can pull me over simply to advise me of whatever, and then since i look Mexican, and dressed like ive been working in my yard, then i better produce proof of legality?

This simply means a Police officer can pull me over when ever he wants, and simply determine according to his reasonable suspicion, that i might be ilegal in order to ask me for papers. That's utter bull.

I would expect this from North Korea, Iran, or China, but the US? what the hell is going on.

[Edited on 4-28-2010 by JESSE]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:23 PM

I live here, have read the bill and believe it is our legislature and governor who are irresponsible.. I have been trying to point out their other idiotic bills, but many find it convenient to stick their heads in the sand. Schools not funded, but defending this idiocy is high on the funding priority list. Hope there is a complete turnover in these idiots come election time.

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
A friend on mine who lives 8 miles north of the Naco border crossing sent the following email to the AP news service.
Quote:

Subject: Comment on Coverage of Arizona's New Immigration Law
To: info@ap.org
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 11:19 AM

I hope you will forward this comment to all AP staff members who cover Arizona's new immigration bill SB1070. Most people do not read laws for themselves and instead take statements by public officials as fact. Among others, Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva and Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon are being extremely irresponsible when they announce that Arizona’s new immigration law requires things like police rounding up and questioning people simply because they have brown skin. The law requires no such thing and in fact explicitly prohibits racial profiling. Elected officials may honestly state their concern that the law could foster racial profiling if it’s inappropriately applied, but statements like Rep. Grijalva and Mayor Gordon are making are misleading and inflammatory.

Members of the press covering the new law should read it and understand it for themselves (it is short and easily understood), and should challenge those kinds of inflammatory misstatements whenever they are made during an interview. In addition, where articles quote or restate inflammatory misstatements, the press should act responsibly by also pointing out or including the actual language from new law.

Just in case you have not read the bill: SB 1070
Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:28 PM
Hate to break it to you, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

I read the actual law directly from the Arizona gov, and its obvious lawyers where very careful to use wording that would not technically get the state in trouble, but in reality, allow cops to stop anybody at any time.

In reality, any cop, anywhere can stop anyone at any time...

Even in Mexico. :rolleyes:

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

I read the actual law directly from the Arizona gov, and its obvious lawyers where very careful to use wording that would not technically get the state in trouble, but in reality, allow cops to stop anybody at any time.

In reality, that doesn't happen very often, and even less, do they ask you for papers proving your immigration status.:rolleyes:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

In reality, that doesn't happen very often, and even less, do they ask you for papers proving your immigration status.:rolleyes:

No, they ask you for the other papers in your wallet:lol:

DianaT
Select Nomad

wow.gif posted on 4-27-2010 at 05:52 PM

Interesting.

I have read this with interest----people who I would expect to take the pro attitude and try to claim that this is not a racist draconian law have not disappointed me-----and they are the same ones who claim a fear of big government getting into their lives. Interesting.

It is difficult for me to see how every American is not horrified by this law----who will be next for the Paper's Please law. Maybe next they will go after the illegal Canadians that have many of the restaurant jobs in Carmel California. I guess everyone who could possibly be a Canadian judged by looks will need to wear a Maple Leaf.

Absurd? Yes. We allow people to cross the border when we need cheap labor, and now we declare open season on them.

It is turning the clock back many, many years. At one time people hunted Native Americans in northeast California---there was a bounty on them and they had no legal recourse. Almost a century AFTER the Civil War, Black Sharecroppers in the South could not leave the "farms" without travel papers, and they had no viable legal recourse.

So now, Arizona is declaring open season on undocumented workers----no human being is illegal----so now the freaks in organizations like the Minute Men can be free to prey upon these people---rob, rape, or whatever because they now will not be able to go to the police. Fear of the police---yes, Papers Please.

First thing we were asked by a friend when we returned to Baja was about this law----we told him that we were really ashamed and disgusted. He said he thought it was very unAmerican---he is correct.

Secure the borders, yes -- but open season on any human being is a serious human rights abuse.

The US closes their eyes when they need the cheap labor, and will do so again.

Sick, it is really sick and it is amazing the amount of racists on this forum!

Diana and John ---- yes these sentiments are from both of us and we going to support one of Arizona's own Congressman who is boycotting his own state!

BOYCOTT ARIZONIA

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 06:07 PM

Quote:
and even less, do they ask you for papers proving your immigration status.:rolleyes:

No, and that's a good thing because Mexican immigration law requires that I carry them. ;D

BTW, they usually do ask for a drivers license which just happens to be all that's needed to prove compliance with Arizona's new law.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2010 at 06:12 PM

this just rec'd from a good friend from CA and NV (dual state citizenship...) who has DONATED thousands of $$$s and hours with the Flying Sams since the 60s...

"maybe not but true hahaahaha you boys in az are in the news all over about your new mex law hahahaha cracks me up the president of mex does not like the law you and me have to have visas flight plans , landing fees and entry permits and they get mad if you ask for a paper F them ahhahhha"

another whack job? i think not. most here couldn't carry his briefcase...

F them indeed....:spingrin:

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  60

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.