BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11
Author: Subject: ITZEL'S HEART OPERATION... WE DID IT... SUCCESS!!! *** UPDATE & PHOTO ***
Juanita
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 08:16 AM

Hello to Andy, and to you all. That link to Commitment was a good help and I do hope and pray that Itzel will be able to breathe, run and live a normal life. Juanita
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 09:32 AM

We received a thank you email from Andy Schouten for our donation - What class.

What an appropriate name for his caring and dedication .. It takes more than an enormous amount of committment to follow thru on promises.

Bravo blessings to all who publicly and/or privately participate.

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 09:09 PM
Fundraising Raffle and Dinner Event...

Hi,

Andy and I have come up with an idea to show our appreciation for all your help and support in helping Itzel with her very much needed Heart Operation... you can read all about it here: Itzel's Fundraising Raffle.

We hope you can join us and that you keep supporting Itzel... together we can save her life!!!.

Thank you.

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

[Edited on 11-8-2010 by BajaNomad]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 07:40 AM
Itzel

wonderful idea for the dinner & raffle!! thank you Antonio for organizing this event.... what about having a silent auction too to raise more funds?? items can be auctioned off at the dinner...we can donate a free night at the B&B.

I am kind of embarrassed by the number of nomads who donated...31?? out of the thousands who read this forum...come on folks, we can do MUCH better than that...it's easy to click on the link and donate whatever...5 bucks would help if a thousand of us did it!!! Hopefully alot more lurkers donated but their name wouldnt show up...maybe??

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 09:27 AM
Itzel

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
wonderful idea for the dinner & raffle!! thank you Antonio for organizing this event.... what about having a silent auction too to raise more funds?? items can be auctioned off at the dinner...we can donate a free night at the B&B.

I am kind of embarrassed by the number of nomads who donated...31?? out of the thousands who read this forum...come on folks, we can do MUCH better than that...it's easy to click on the link and donate whatever...5 bucks would help if a thousand of us did it!!! Hopefully alot more lurkers donated but their name wouldnt show up...maybe??

I think the list shows lurkers since my daughter's and Kathy's donations are listed but neither are nomads. I'm with you, Shari, while times are hard for many of us $5 or $10 donations would add up quickly if there was more particiption.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 09:40 AM
Itzel

Quote:
I am kind of embarrassed by the number of nomads who donated...31?? out of the thousands who read this forum...come on folks, we can do MUCH better than that...it's easy to click on the link and donate whatever...

The list doesn't tell the full story. I for one, can't get through to PayPal. It won't accept my info...period. I got tired of trying so I sent a check.
Personally, I'm put off by the publication of the list of donors. Participation prompted by embarrassment probably wasn't the goal, but it has that effect as illustrated by Shari's honest response.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 09:48 AM
Itzel

gracias dennis...in no way did I mean the posting of names was prompted by what you mentioned...I was just really surprised and yes...somewhat ashamed that so few have donated to help this sweet young lady...I always did wonder how many nomads open their hearts in these charity cases but I thought it was WAAAAAAAY more....hmmmm....comeon nomads....make me proud!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 09:58 AM
Itzel

Quote:
gracias dennis...in no way did I mean the posting of names was prompted by what you mentioned...

Awwww...I know you didn't, Shari. I mentioned yours was an honest response.
Fund raising is a touchy business. It can be a success or failure for the most obscure of reasons and donors are a delicate bunch who see and feel the slightest pressure negatively.

Anyway, I hope for the best. Nothing else.
Fairbanks47
Junior Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 02:16 PM

Antonio,
As the event date gets closer, if there is any assistance needed in any way(set up, gathering equipment/supplies, etc.), please, don't hesitate to ask. My wife and I live in San Diego and are more than willing to assist. You can u2u me and I can give you my phone info.
Thanks,
Dana G.:yes:
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 03:36 PM
Itzel

OK, Shari shamed me into it. Actually when I read this thread earlier the donation part didn't seem to be set up. Anyhow, I'm glad to help, and Shari's right, if all the Nomads who could afford it made a donation it would have significant impact.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 05:22 PM
Itzel

Mike and I are in too but I did mine with my credit card. We would add a night at the hotel for a silent auction also if you want to do that .Good idea Shari I was wondering what else we could do. k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 05:31 PM
Itzel

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
Mike and I are in too but I did mine with my credit card.

Hi Keri....was that through PayPal or is there another way?
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 06:50 PM

Somehow I missed this up until now but caught it when I saw the connected dinner / raffle thread.

Glad to help and will keep Itzel in our prayers...
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 04:04 PM

I check out the BN site infrequently, but I'm sure glad I did.

Thank you Antonio for bringing this to the attention of all, and many, many thanks to Andy S for your wonderful contributions.

We made a donation through PayPal. Is there some way of indicating how close to the goal the donations have reached? Perhaps I missed it, but I did read all of the posts on this thread.

Allen R

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

lol.gif posted on 11-9-2010 at 05:01 PM

OK, I'm in - and after I finished with PayPal, my wife told to do it again! She is not all bad.

If only I heard those words more often! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2010 at 06:52 PM

Antonio - I have not heard from my friend in Vegas, I am guessing he is on vacation. If I get any help at all, I will write you.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 10:49 AM

Bump

Any report as to how the fund raising is going?

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 11:47 AM
Fundraising...

Hello my friends,

My apologies for not posting in this thread lately... Andy and I have been very busy preparing everything for Itzel´s operation.

Because of the Visa/permits requirements, only Itzel and mom are going to Las Vegas, no other member of their family are going with them... so Andy and I decided to arrange our work schedule so we could acompany them and help with any support they may require.

For Itzel, the trip starts tomorrow Friday, November 12th... she is leaving to Tijuana at 5:00am... and appointment with the dentist is set for 4:30pm. In order for her to be operated on, we need to make sure there are no health issues with her teeth, so she is having a final checkup.

Then, on Monday, November 15th, Dr. Rothman wants to see her and make sure eveything is in order for the operation on the 16th... so, Itzel, mom, Andy and I are flying to Las Vegas this weekend to be there with plenty of time.

I just talked with Itzel´s mom and she is is very, very nervous... quite understandable... Itzel however, is very happy because she is going on "vacations" and, for the first time in her life, she is going to board a plane... she is very excited... so much that her mom just told me that Itzel does not want to leave her side... Itzel told her: "Mom, I am not loosing sight of you... otherwise you may leave without me"... jejeje... the beauty of children.

Dennis... thank you so much for keeping the thread alive by bumping it to the top often.

BajaBlanca... do not worry... thank you so much for your effort and enthusiasm.

DianaT... I know we are still a bit short on the total needed... but I do not have the exact numbers yet... I will ask Andy to send me an update on the donations to see how close to the goal we are and I will post that info.

Everyone, thank you so much for your unconditional support towards Itzel... together we are making sure she will have the chance of a normal life... we are literaly saving a life... and that my friends... has no price!!!

I will come back soon with some numbers.

Hugs!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 12:05 PM

Antonio,

Thanks for the update and your involvement in this.

Ken
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 12:26 PM

Vaya Con Díos, Itzel. Enjoy the ride.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.