Author: Subject: SEE UPDATE: Stolen Boat & Trailer
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
mtgoat666 , did you take a look at the link from uship ? it shows that he ripped off anoughter person of their down payment . Uship is having problems with this guy and are trying to do something about it. Doesn't look like a jilted girl friend .

I do get your point about the nuts that are on the internet :bounce:

and who is the other guy? same jilted GF?

i notice uship has some good reviews too.

smells fishy. just needs some air to clear it up
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:07 AM

mtgoat666:

Please reread my original post. I only stated the facts pertaining to us and our dealings with JIM CONNOLLY, who by the way is still missing in action, along with the money we paid him and our boat and trailer which he drove away with 22 days ago.

We accuse JIM CONNOLLY of fraud, lying, deceit and completely unprofessional behaviour. Fellow nomads and police authorities we talked to have drawn the conclusion that he was the one who stole our boat, based on the facts that we told them.

We could have just sucked it up, realized we were swindled, accepted the loss and moved on, but we are glad we didn't because we have been in contact with other people who have serious legal issues with JIM CONNOLLY. If he is disabled from deliberately hurting other innocent people then we will be satisfied. Until then we hope as many people as possible stumble onto this thread and save themselves the misfortune that befell us.

As for being a newbie, I would imagine most people joined the Baja Nomads and made their first post because they had something important they wanted to say.

With regards to anonymously posting, I was under the impression that was the point of choosing a username. JIM CONNOLLY knows who we are. The police and our friends know who we are. Anyone who needs our support or wants personal contact with us are free to send an email.

Hopefully that clears it up for you, latina

[Edited on 3-24-2011 by latina]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
As for being a newbie, I would imagine most people joined the BajaForum and made their first post because they had something important they wanted to say.

You betcha.........If it weren't important, I wouldn't say it. :lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:40 AM

Latina - just ignore him.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 08:58 AM

Latina. Check your U2U's
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Latina - just ignore him.

She can't ignore me. Better people have tried...and failed. I am imbedded into your monitor. :biggrin:
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:34 AM
Take a break from all this...

Let's have lunch

[Edited on 3-24-2011 by mcfez]

soup.jpg - 16kB

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 09:38 AM

Phil S. I don't have a U2U from you.....just checked
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
blah, blah, blah...

i am all for anonymity,...
but i am against people making anonymous allegations of criminal activity by spraying their allegations on the internet.
baronvonbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
blah, blah, blah...

i am all for anonymity,...
but i am against people making anonymous allegations of criminal activity by spraying their allegations on the internet.

It is good to see that self appointed moderators can give an anonymous opinion and then chastise if it does not fit there perceived notion of life.
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 11:16 AM

Latina, saw your post over on BD. Sorry to hear about this dishonest BS. I truly hope you get to the bottom of this and that justice is served. Ignore the trolls... they only post to be able to read their own drivel and to sew deviousness. Most of all, I hope you get your boat back! Good luck.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 03:41 PM

Latina- from here in la Paz- let me know if there is anything I can do. and like Wilderone and Bajandy said- Ignore the old goat

Life is too short to drink bad wine
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2011 at 04:24 PM

Thanks for all the support and kind offers of help. We are drowning in a sea of paperwork that is required to be delivered in person to various authorities, so we will be returning to La Paz sooner than we planned to take care of it all. We don't wish this on anyone.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 08:50 AM

23 days have passed and still no word from JIM CONNOLLY.

It is highly unlikely that our boat is in the condition it was when it left our house on March 2nd. Check out La Tina's photos again. We hazard to guess she is the only 19 foot Carolina Skiff on the whole Baja, so no one in their right mind will try to use her the way she was. She will be stripped of motor and controls, canvas, gas tank, electronics, center console unit, etc.,etc.. and the aluminum trailer will have been quickly recycled as well.

JIM CONNOLLY is about 6'3", 220lbs, dark hair, possibly blue eyes, 40ish and is a US citizen. He DRIVES a charcoal 2004 F-350 4 door deisel pick-up, California license plate #7N59613 and could be travelling with his girlfriend Dulce and their 8month old baby.

It is unlikely you will spot him towing our boat and trailer. If you have seen him in the Baja, or elsewhere, and would like to share, we would be most interested in his location. Thank you
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 12:31 PM
Dear Latina

I have been following this event and find some of the treatment you have received by the "sourdough" Baja types to be rude and self serving. I have experienced the same. You see this bs by "old salts" in Alaska also. It seems to happen when these guys fulfill their boyhood fantasy of rugged individualism, in their campers, and have way too much time on their hands.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95
I have been following this event and find some of the treatment you have received by the "sourdough" Baja types to be rude and self serving. I have experienced the same. You see this bs by "old salts" in Alaska also. It seems to happen when these guys fulfill their boyhood fantasy of rugged individualism, in their campers, and have way too much time on their hands.

That's pretty funny. BajaNomad is nothing if not cynical. Those who benefit from the wide-spread reactions are those who take what works and leave the rest.
This isn't an Honor Society nor is it a church group although it most often is what one is looking for, information that pertains to a certain question.
If victims in Baja, or anywhere else, are looking for a community of grievers, they have probably come to the wrong place.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 12:43 PM

Somewhere I read "attitude is everything."

I think some of the people on Baja Nomads should remember that.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95

grisslefish:
i love the country where people are innocent until proven guilty, and i appreciate the court system where anonymous allegations/testimony are not admissable, i don't believe 80% of what is posted on the internet, and i ALWAYS doubt anonymously posted information on the internet. the louder latina protests, the more i doubt.
i don't believe any newbie that has posted about only one thing, and that thing is an allegation of criminal activity. the skeptic in me says it smells fishy.

[Edited on 3-25-2011 by mtgoat666]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 01:22 PM

mtgoat666, And what makes you think anybody gives a flying"F" what you think?:biggrin:
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 07:04 PM

Hey kids get back on track , we are trying to help this couple with a boat being stolen . :spingrin: Take your fighting to a off subject chat . If you have info with this problem then thanks . :tumble:
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.