Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10
Author: Subject: Traveling with a badge
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 09:18 AM

I am always amazed at the things that Gringos think they can do in Mexico to avoid obeying the laws of this country. Long discussions about how to get stuff across the border illegally, and now this....The term "Ugly American" seems to fit some of these people.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I am always amazed at the things that Gringos think they can do in Mexico to avoid obeying the laws of this country. Long discussions about how to get stuff across the border illegally, and now this....The term "Ugly American" seems to fit some of these people.

I also marvel how some people on this board openly admit, quite proudly, that guilty or not they pay mordita to avoid a traffic ticket. :?:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

I also marvel how some people on this board openly admit, quite proudly, that guilty or not they pay mordita to avoid a traffic ticket. :?:

True, with one glaring discrepancy........Mexican cops rarely bargain with traffic tickets. The " Multa" on the table is usually much more severe.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 09:36 AM

Quote:

The key word here is AVOID Eliminate the hassle and or paper trail.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 10:35 AM

Does the "brotherhood" really extend outside the boundaries of your own country of allegiance???? I don't think so....

What makes you think that a gringo flipping his badge to get out of a ticket would garner any respect from a mexican cop?

The starting salary for a cop in the LAPD is $48,462/yr. while the lowly police officer in Tijuana pulls in about $4200 a year.

Seriously?????
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 11:13 AM

I dont doubt that after work they all sit around the local cop cantina laughing about some of the ridiculous chit gringos throw at em thinking the brotherhood saved em from that ticket!:lol:
might as well bust out the ultimate deterrent!

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 12:46 PM

Hey if you have a real badge take it don't take it, use it don't use it I could care less. I'm not driving around Mexico committing crimes or being an ugly American and pulling out my badge to get out of being arrested. When I am pulled over for some imagined infraction I pull it out in a friendly manner so they will know they can't BS or intimidate me into admitting to something I did not do or forcing a bribe from me. It's more of a camaraderie thing than anything else. Hate me if you want too. I don't care!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Tell me though.........does this "courtesy" work both ways? I mean, if a Mexican cop was pulled over in Anaheim for hauling butt down the road, and he flashed a badge, would he get a courtesy pass?

I'm still wondering how this scenario would play out. Anyone care to comment?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Tell me though.........does this "courtesy" work both ways? I mean, if a Mexican cop was pulled over in Anaheim for hauling butt down the road, and he flashed a badge, would he get a courtesy pass?

I'm still wondering how this scenario would play out. Anyone care to comment?
I asked the same question a couple of days ago in this thread and was met with the same silence.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 01:22 PM

Quote:

Whether NOB or SOB, it's always the discretion of the cop. I'm not an Anaheim cop but if I were, and I pulled over a MX cop for speeding, he'd get a warning and a PASS. (I'd still search his car -- a pound of crack does not get a PASS.)

The brotherhood I have with cops apply to those NOB and SOB. Not all cops feel this way but think most do.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

The brotherhood I have with cops apply to those NOB and SOB. Not all cops feel this way but think most do.

Interesting.
Sooo....as you say in so many words, in your eyes, cops everywhere are immune to penalties as a result of minor violations.
Well...how do we know, Lee, that a cop, who has appointed himself summary judge and jury, won't expand the parameters of his/her personal code of justice?
What I mean is, when does the forgiveness of a misdemeanor for purposes of brotherhood, morph into forgiveness of a felony? Where are the checks and balances as well as the guarantees that this won't happen?
Or is that not our concern?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch

I can't say for sure about police but firefighters have longstanding international relationships professionally and personally.

Not much could be better than that, Frank, but you and your new friend aren't granting absolution to each other. Deciding who pays for the beer is something else.

Quote:

I do know some SDPD who have worked and trained directly with Mexican cops and they, too, form relationships.

Under the current circumstances, that should be prohibited.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 02:13 PM

I think this thread should die, getting way off....let people do what they do..they have to live with it....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
You just playing devil's advocate Dennis?
Lordy, this would be so much better with a few chilly ones to share, wouldn't it?

It would indeed, Frank. I am, however trying to keep my questions pertinent to the conversation at hand. If I get out of line, lemme know. :saint:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Hahaha..... no, I am the one that falls out of line, clearly, at times with my limited writing ability and, from what I've read here, my arrogance!:lol:

Guess that's how poorly I convey myself... I, for one, have nothing to be arrogant about!:lol:

One thing is for certain, Frank....you have noticeably mellowed since retirement. :yes:
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by measomsan

He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets.

SPEED KILLS !
The real prob I have with that is you endanger the rest of us.....
Your badge doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I wear one to but generally only when I'm burying fellow firefighters that people like Bubba think they own because they pay their taxes. You pay taxes just like we do Bubba because that's the society you chose to live in, it doesn't imply ownership.... You copy that cowgirl.
You get a ticket, pay it. Hate is a strong word but I despise L.E. that abuse their badges, you disrespect yourself more than you disrespect us. You harm or injure my family while you abuse your badge and you will need to have your badge removed surgically. Thats not a threat, thats a promise. :fire:

[Edited on 7-24-2013 by BajaRat]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 04:26 PM

:lol: lighten up francis!

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 04:31 PM

good one Willard :P
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:

He is inclined not to bring it. I want it so we can hall (burro)across Texas and not get tickets.

SPEED KILLS !
Your badge doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I wear one to but generally only when I'm burying fellow firefighters that people like Bubba think they own because they pay their taxes. You pay taxes just like we do Bubba because that's the society you chose to live in, it doesn't imply ownership.... You copy that cowgirl.
You get a ticket, pay it. Hate is a strong word but I despise L.E. that abuse their badges, you disrespect yourself more than you disrespect us. You harm or injure my family while you abuse your badge and you will need to have your badge removed surgically. Thats not a threat, thats a promise. :fire:

Yeah, I copy it cowboy now settle down. I was saying essentially what you just spewed on about. Learn to read or sober up, maybe both. Copy?

[Edited on 7-25-2013 by Bubba]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:

SPEED KILLS !

Yeah, I copy it cowboy. You need to go back and read my posts, I was essentially saying the same thing you just rambled on about. Sober up or learn to read, copy?
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.