BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Are you a real person who has been to Baja?
neilm81301
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 04:55 PM
Gawd I love this board!

When I saw the listing, I almost didn't click - but E.Dr. is usually a good read, and there were FOUR pages of replies.. so I bit. I didn't think much of it at first, then saw the 'flame warriors' item... I chased down the link, and almost died at my desk from a split gut!

When I got my breath back & eyes clear, I knew I couldn't handle much more, so jumped to the end page... and there's Dennis' crack about the confused fellow... oh no, not again!

I don't know what I missed on pg 2 & 3 - maybe tomorrow when I'm stronger - but y'all made my Friday!

Just to stay on topic, I've been coming down since spending Easter '68 in San Felipe - just not often enough or long enough to get good at it.

see y'all later

Neil
cabonotcho
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 05:12 PM

Wow was hoping for a normal chat place about baja bout sadly I see they are all about being mean and one upping each other-vry sad take care.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 05:35 PM
Welcome cabonocho

Hola,,, welcome to the sandbox as shari says..wheres your home north and a bit about yourself ???K&T:cool:
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
ok....so i got into this conversation too late, but i did hear dennis's, dennis'es, dennisseves reply, comment to the "snappy" deal....very, very funny.....so.....WHY CANT OLD MEN GET JOBS?....

Human resources person, during interview, "So, what do you think is your greatest weakness?"....

Old man," Honesty."

Human resources person, "I don't really think honesty is a weakness!".

Old man," I don't really give a chit WHAT you think."

:lol::lol::lol:

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 06:49 PM

This board is just my dream while I sleep at remote point. I keep wondering why I am still reading it an yet unable to stop. So none of you are real. Thank god, I'm dreaming.

First trip was in 1960 with my parents. Make it down for about 45 to 60 days per year. Owned place or two also. I kinda like it in Baja

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 07:46 PM

It ain't for everybody unlike the door outa here. Ah dee osss.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
In the name of full disclosure of public information, well, I have been and people know me as Sir Real......:saint:

Just call me Lou Deecriss. :biggrin:

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 08:09 PM
cabonotcho, Why Take the Time

And make the effort to register just to post something negative?

Besides being a great source of information and a place to share dreams and experiences of a specific place, the Baja Nomad forums also become a goofy sandbox sometimes because Nomads themselves are a quirky, irreverent bunch and don't take life "just as is".

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programing - according to my dogs, I am a real and valuable person, especially at mealtimes because I can operate the mystical magical can opener.

I have lived in Baja since '99 and am (sorry, Marla) a Mexican citizen.

My first time visit to Baja was with my mom; we went on a day trip to Tijuana.

The sights and sounds of this utterly exotic and place so different from white bread suburban California alternately amazed. exhilarated and terrified me. It was a day that I never will forget.

My souvenir of that trip was a leather bullwhip that my Mom bought for me. Not sure what that says about me or her, but I was in my "Zorro" phase at the time and was delighted.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
cabonotcho
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 08:36 AM

Perhaps i misjudged guess time will tell-thx 4 the welcome CAPTKW, as far as your question life has been kind enough to grant me the ability to have both a home in both north and south but i like the south a lil better-thx 4 asking.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:11 AM
Hola Cobonotcho

Baja nomads is mostly older Baja folks,, that all have their own opinion and styles...mostly harmless and some good info can be found here...once in a while a jerk come on and they get banned quik !! my northern home is santa cruz ca.

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by captkw]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:16 AM

Rather than thinking that EnsenadaDr was trolling for trolls or trying to start a flame war, I took the question at face value - one of curiosity more than anything else. My wife and I are admittedly Johnny-come-latelys, having made our first visit to Baja only a few years ago. We're Nomad wannabees still living in the U.S. but looking forward to retiring in a few years. I think this forum provides valuable insight into the lives of those who've taken the same plunge we're looking forward to taking one day.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:19 AM
pauldavidmena

Hola,,great dog photo...never to late for a Baja sunset/sunrise... IMO
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:24 AM

Yeah for a REAL troll, ya know one with 40 pound line and a Pink Lady. try this one for size...

HOW MANY DAYS (or hours) DO YOU SPEND SOUTH OF THE BORDER EACH YEAR? Hell for that matter, how long have you EVER gone at a time south of the border in a year's time?

This otter sift through it and make for some platica enchiloso...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:31 AM
Cats need love too!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 09:49 AM

My first trip to Mexico was to Tijuana when I was about five years old. My father was really into horse racing, and I guess when the Santa Anita Race track in Southern California wasn't open, he would sometimes go to Tijuana's " Agua Caliente Racetrack,"and take the whole family along, but I can't remember much about those trips.

Later when I got married to a second generation Mexican-American who had family all over Mexico, and got me in touch with my long lost Mexican roots( I'm third and fourth generation Mexican-American with no family in Mexico) My wife's mother who had diabetes had a favorite Podiatrist in Tijuana, and so every so often we would take the mother, and I would drive them. But I didn't enjoy my visit to Tijuana back then, because they would not even take me to a nice lunch, instead of mother-in-law used to enjoy this hole in the wall restaurant, and all I could remember was being served by this very obese Mexican lady who sweated profusely and used to plob the food down hard on the table. I can't recall if the food was any good, because I suspected the lady's sweat dripped into the food, but I do really remember feeling nauseous. And now that I think of it, I think my mother-in-law took up there on purpose and always insisted on eating there, and me taking her to other stores, that just drove me crazy.

It wasn't till years later I enjoyed Tijuana and other parts on Mexico when I was on my own, or decided myself where we were going in Mexico as a family.

I take privacy and security very very seriously, especially on "Baja Nomad" since this is a open forum, and unlike most other forums that have a closed forum that's open only to members.

[Edited on 11-2-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Hola,,great dog photo...never to late for a Baja sunset/sunrise... IMO

Thanks captkw! That's our Australian Cattle Dog / American Eskimo Dog mix Tito. He's looking forward to his first trip to Baja. :cool:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 11:50 AM

So nice to see a Smilin Doggie :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 02:51 PM

I am not sure if I am real after reading all the Posts.

I lived in Loreto for 38 years full and Part time.

At one time Great People and Beautiful Sea of Cortez.

When the Ugly Americans/Canadians arrived it Ruined it for me.

Real???
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 03:50 PM

I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
I am not sure if I am real after reading all the Posts.

I lived in Loreto for 38 years full and Part time.

At one time Great People and Beautiful Sea of Cortez.

When the Ugly Americans/Canadians arrived it Ruined it for me.
Real???
Yep! Would' a been paradise if'n they'd a closed the border behind Skeeter.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.