bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
We do not know what has happened. I would be carefull about talking to the workers that carried Ron away. Perhaps it would be better handeled by police. But then my wife says I exaggerate

You're implying some shady action on their part? Pretty unlikely, considering the context.

Yes, I agree "pretty unlikely".

bacquito
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 12:12 PM

The Fams prayers and support are with all involved
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 01:00 PM

Graham .......bacquito

If you need to go onto my property to look at desert rat's car....you have my permission. Have cleared this with the security and manager/neighbors.

Anyone else here wishing to look at the car...you MUST contact me first. There is no open permission for anyone to enter my property.....or Campos Ocotillo. Dont try.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 02:52 PM

I called the Sargeant at Punta Colonet and he left for the day but the Commander at the station told me to report the missing person to 066, that no one had heard of him. Since I am in San Diego they gave me a number to call 011-646-1723500. I then spoke with Operator #4 who again was very nice and he filed a report with the police and the Ministerio Publico in Ensenada Jurisdiction which I believe covers Punta Colonet and the San Pedro de Martir area. I guess this number the emergency number, is the number you dial to file a missing person's report. I gave Ron's full name, Ron Christian, and he is in his 70's. he wanted me to send the pictures on Baja Nomad to email favitia@c4bc.gob.mx. I am waiting for a confirmation email that the received the pictures, but Graham might want to send them to this email as well.

[Edited on 5-25-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 04:22 PM

Bacquito and I just arrived in Colonet and spoke to three of the officers in the police station. They knew nothing about Ron and had no information. We gave tham a picture Bacquito printed out from our trip last summer.

I informed them of Rons age, Texas drivers licence and the circumstances of the disapperance and they said they would be making enquiries in the park and along Rons route to Ensenada.

Thanks EnsenadaDr for all your efforts. A missing Persons report will be a good move.

Bacquito and I are heading to the San Pedro Martir to see what we can find out... knowing where Ron exited that pickup is crucial.

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 04:36 PM

Gods speed
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 04:43 PM

Graham please have the police run the license plate of the truck Ron was last seen in.
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
Bacquito and I just arrived in Colonet and spoke to three of the officers in the police station. They knew nothing about Ron and had no information. We gave tham a picture Bacquito printed out from our trip last summer.

I informed them of Rons age, Texas drivers licence and the circumstances of the disapperance and they said they would be making enquiries in the park and along Rons route to Ensenada.

Thanks EnsenadaDr for all your efforts. A missing Persons report will be a good move.

Bacquito and I are heading to the San Pedro Martir to see what we can find out... knowing where Ron exited that pickup is crucial.
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 06:55 PM

This is Desert Rat. I have just arrived in Laredo and this is the first opportunity for me to use a computer. I am safe and sound. I am utterly and totally embarassed by my actions that have caused my fellow Nomads to become so intensely involved working in my behalf. I will explain what happened after the ride to Ensenada with the construction crew just as soon as I get my thoughts together. I owe apologies to all that were involved in trying to come up with answers to the question as to where is Desert Rat. Please be patience with me. Thank you one and all.

[Edited on 5-26-2014 by Desert Rat]
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 06:57 PM

I think we all are thrilled that you are alive! This is great news.

The bad news is I was hoping to sell that car for 8 fish tacos :-)

Very glad you are okay. Deno

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Rat
This is Desert Rat. I have just arrived in Laredo and this is the first opportunity for me to use a computer. I am save and sound. I am utterly and totally embarassed by my actions that have caused my fellow Nomads to become so intensely involved working in my behalf. I will explain what happened after the ride to Ensenada with the construction crew just as soon as I get my thoughts together. I owe apologies to all that were involved in trying to come up with answers to the question as to where is Desert Rat. Please be patient with me. Thank you one and all.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:03 PM

Great news. Can someone call Graham. And Janeen...now we don't have to turn in the construction crew.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:03 PM

Glad to see a positive outcome.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:07 PM

Great news!!!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:09 PM

WELCOME BACK HOME!!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:12 PM

I think everyone is just really very, very happy you are safe and sound. A happy ending.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:15 PM

The story you can now tell!!!!! Can not wait!!!

SOMEONE PLS CALL GRAHAM IF YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER!

[Edited on 5-26-2014 by rts551]
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:42 PM
D'Rat's explanation of events after ride with construction workers.

The construction crew dropped me off at the Ensenada bus station so that I could catch the next bus to Mexicali. I arrived in Mexicali around 10:00 that same evening. I checked into the Border Motel right away and promptly fell into the bed and slept until 5:30 a.m. I quickly hustled back across the border to catch the first bus to San Felipe. I had the driver drop me off at El Crucero ( the intersection of highways 5 and 3. About a quarter of a mile north of inspection station there is a ramshackled restaurante called "Michoacan" where my car was parked. (My car was never left at Deno's place in Campo Ocotillo.) Since the restaurante was a perfect jumping off place for the beginnig of the hike, I got permission to leave my car there for at least 10 days.

I picked up the car around 11:am and drove down to Campo Ocotillo to talk with Abril the owner of the camp. I wanted to tell her as soon as possible to contact Deno and let him know that I was back and to stop any attempt of a search effort. I was two days overdue.

Abril was not home so all I could do was leave a message at her gate and hope she would return soon to get the message to Deno. I waited for her until 2:00 pm. I was so exhausted by this time that I needed to head back to the USA and start recuperating from the ordeal. As I pulled away from her house, I met a woman across the street and stopped to see if she would also relay the message for me. She said that she would, just as soon as she saw Abril.

For some reason, it seems as yet that that Deno never got the message. I don't know why!

I drove back to Calexico that afternoon and drove on to Yuma, Az and spent the night at a Motel 6. I got back home to Laredo today at 7:00 pm (Sunday, the 25th).

Tomorrow morning I have to drive to Monterrey, Mexico to pick up my wife. Once I am there, I will re-read the postings that y'all have posted concerning the episode and I will try to respond to each and every one of you.
Again, please have patience with me. Thank you! Desert Rat.
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:46 PM

Yes, please, by all means call Graham and bacquito. I am going to try and contact him also. Thank you.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:51 PM

lots of questions answered Ron. Thanks

But hey whose car is at Deno's? the mystery continues.
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:55 PM

I just completed a phone call to Bonnie and she will do her best to get a message to Graham as soon as possible.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2014 at 07:56 PM

Ha! Teaches you a lesson not to send third party messages. Only message that I finally got was what I posted...and you can see that it seems a little distance of the situation. Feel free to use the parking area again...but next time directly contact me (or whoever it is where you park) as it should had been done. Just glad that you are not dead in some ravine.... which most here where starting to take bets on.

[Edited on 5-26-2014 by mcfez]

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.